Chapter 4: A Plan that was never Expected
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorita was praying for her mother and Layla to be safe.

In Layla's place, they are in a place that looks like a huge mountain made out of pure rocks, storm clouds in the sky but it only give the sound of thunder.

Layla: Where did you take me!

???: You said that I am a huge killer, then let's fight in a more, open and wide space just for the two of us, besides, you're a big threat to end something that I really must.

Layla: What do you mean!

???: Like I will! I'm not gonna spill anything at you bitch!

Layla emits a dark smoke like fire and charge towards the man, Layla swing her massive sword but the man dodged it and punch her in the stomach, Layla managed to stop from being pushed back by the force but her body gone weak.

???: Oh, you're already weak, how could you able to save the mother of a lonely child now huh?

Layla: (Lorita, I'm sorry, I'll do my last shot, the rest is in you... Please made it before it's too late.)

The man point his gauntlet sword and run towards Layla.

???: This is the End!

Layla cast a light with the color of light blue and white.

Lorita's mother was emitting a black crystal shards and floating up in the air but stopped after a few seconds it appear.

Lorita: Mother?

The door in the room opens, Shawn saw an old man who's name was Remendor.

Shawn: Remendor, why are you here?

Remendor: I feel a strong line of curse was exposed in the sky, the other end of the the trail leads here, what do we have here?

Nora: Lorita's mother was cursed by an unkown man, will you help us?

Remendor walk towards Lorita's mother and look at her and the floating black crystals.

Remendor: She was cursed by a dark magic known as the soul bind, who ever use this will be bind from the caster and the victim.

Shawn: Can you stop it?

Remendor: No, if i destroy it, the most energy will be given from the longer one and the shorter one will eventually die, the caster must be killed for the the line to be stopped, this is a dangerous curse because you may take every potential and powers thew from the victim if the caster successfully absorbs her or his soul, the one that survived will get all the souls and bet that the defeated have. This will be a hard decision because your mother may use the magic the other have. I can make the absorbing slow but I think that the process isn't moving.

Nora: What do you mean?

Remendor: It looks like the other end must've stopped for a reason.

Lorita hold her mother's hand.

Lorita: I will save you mother.

Shawn: No, you're too young to go out in this place, we will hire a soldier to save your mother.

Lorita: But mother is in trouble and we don't know how will you able to hire someone to finish that mission.

Nora: Lorita! It's not like you've seen in a story book like that young boy you fought a dragon all by himself.

Lorita: But Layla already is trying to stop the bad guy.

Nora hugged Lorita.

Nora: I know how you feel. Let's just hope that she may defeat that bad guy.

Lorita cried but remembered something, something that Layla also said.

Layla: I know how you feel, but I'm  sure that they are still watching you till the very end, everything is alright, as long as you believe in yourself.

Lorita calmed down  and look down.

Lorita: Father and brother, please help us.

It was in the middle of the night, Remendor was sitting right next to Lorita's mother to watch her, while Nora and Shawn are sleeping with Lorita, she cant sleep and keep thinking about her mother.

Lorita: I won't slip the chance.

Lorita stand up from the bed and head downstairs but she remembered that there's a worker at night so she went back up and get a cloth, she get a small leather and put four bead and some of her clothes, she opened the window slowly. She crawl down from the wall while no one was looking, guards often patrol near their place so she walk in the smallest rout.

Guard 1: Where did that girl and that man go?

Guard 2: I don't know, but that girl is kinda cute.

Guard 1: But she's that girl who fought ogres who's about to destroy a landmark. She's like a mermaid, beautiful but dangerous.

Guard 3: Unlike her and mermaid, If a mermaid likes you, you're lucky, but for that girl, I think she won't even a single man.

Too many guards are patrolling because of the enemy that Layla was fighting might be still in the kingdom, Lorita managed to go far from the in.

Lorita: How will I able to escape this place?... Huh?!

A strange moving mist like it was alive suddenly move down from a sewer hole, she followed it even if she didn't know what it really is, it was dark inside the sewer but the mist was still visible and bright that it gives a small amount of light, when she walk closer to the huge mist, when her skin touches the mist, it disappeared and exposed something glowing, it was a spirit or a wisp, it whistle as it moves and gets louder as it speed up, it looks like it was guiding her to a passage away from the kingdom.

Lorita: Brother? Father? Is that you?

It didn't talk or make any sign to express but it keep moving on random passages.

After few minutes have passed, they headed to a canal that leads outside the outer kingdom's wall. Lorita runs away as fast as they can, the guards saw a figure outside which is Lorita so they sent few guards to scout the area. The Spirit keeps following her after guiding her out. It was in the middle of the night and dangerous creatures sometimes appear at night.

Remendor: I hope you're safe on the choice that you've made. I've put a small present in the bag right before you go up, you still have more to learn as you grow up in your journey, don't be the same as the other one that I've expected but betray me instead.

0