Chapter 5: Running from one place to another.
15 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorita was trying to escape from the guard while the spirit was following her.

Lorita: The guards will find me if I don't let this spirit away from where I'm going!

The spirit glows that make it visible causing the guards to follow it, she tried to trick it by moving side ways and then run but it was just too fast and flexible to get away from it.

Guard 1: There! the light is heading away, hurry!

Clanging noises of metal shoes was heard even closer.

Lorita: "No! I must't not be followed or everything that I done will be all to nothing."

Lorita was shedding tears as she run as fast as she can, the guards is still following the light. The spirit heard that Lorita was crying, the front of the spirit was constantly change to black slowly changing till it reaches the tip, the black part of the spirit was releasing some kind of black spikes.

Guard 2: There! Don't let it get away!

Guard 3: The light is disappearing!

Guard 2: Hurry, must be a spy!

 When Lorita's cry was feeling getting more sadder the spirit's spikes are getting even more sharper but the black stopped and only covered half of the spirit's whole body making the tip glow, it move in a different direction away from Lorita.

Guard 1: There! It's the little girl!

The guard saw her but they didn't know if it was Lorita because they only saw a form of a little girl, they followed it when suddenly the spirit charged toward them and wounded the three of them but it can kill them if the spirit just thrust and pierce trough them.

Guards: Gah!

Lorita managed to run away with the help of the spirit, after slowing down the guards the spirit changes to glowing white. The girl reached the open grass land and it was more dangerous than being chased by guards because dark wolves who's infected by a strong amount of exposed dark crystals often appear at night and she didn't know about it.

Lorita found a small village protected by a huge stone wall and she run towards it, the guards that saw the spirit immediately ready they magic casters ready to fire at them

Guard 1: Ready!

Magic Caster 1: Wait!

Guard 1: Fire!

The guards fire their arrows and heading straight to Lorita but she was tripped and wasn't able to stand fast, the spirit changed to black at the spikes reappeared, the spirit's spikes was moving up to the head of the spirit and opening it up like an umbrella covering the incoming arrows. The spirit's spikes can move all around its body making a it a huge offensive and defensive use of it.

Lorita just cried vecause of fear after being chased by guards and now being killed by guards. The guards ready their arrows again but the casters aren't attacking.

Guard 1: Ready!

Magic Caster 1: I SAID WAIT!

Guard 1: What the hell is wrong with you!

Magic Caster 1: Don't you see! That black spirit is trying to protect something!

Guard 1: Must be a wraith.

Archer 1: Child spotted behind the spirit!

Guard 1: What! It has a hostage?

Archer 1: No, it was being protected when the arrows was about to hit the girl. Should we head toward them?

Guard 1: General?

General : Send two guards, two archers and one wizard, tighten your guard and stay alert, we don't know what that child is nor that spirit, must be an illusion.

They send the units and the archers on top of the wall was ready to fire their arrows. The wizard cast a light magic making the place bright.

Wizard: Light magic don't affect this dark creature, how powerful this spirit could be?

Knight 1: Big reason to tighten our guard, this spirit can attack us any second.

The umbrella style of the spikes is still not deforming and keeps its guard high. The unit was close and they heard that the girl was crying.

Archer 1: Is the spirit sucking this girl's energy?

Wizard: No, I don't detect any magic link between the, it must've protecting her.

Guard 2: Should we lower our weapon?

Guard 1: Are you an idiot?! It might be an illusion. Wizard?

Wizard: No, I can detect the mental and mortal energy in the girl, she's real.

Guard 2 lower his weapon to the ground.

Guard 1: Are a fucking idiot?!

Guard 2: Just do it!

The whole group lower their weapons and slowly walk backwards, the spirit's guard is still alerted but after few seconds the spikes move back in random parts of its body and slowly disappearing, the spirit change its back to glowing light that light a small amount making the Lorita visible.

Guard 1: Now Wizard!

The Guard's group said "Are you an idiot?!"

Wizard: If we attack it, it will make the spirit hostile and might get the tables turned! Beside, it's not attacking from the start, all we need to do is to help them.

Guard 1: Them?! That spirit isn't even alive.

Archer 2: If I ever met my mother's spirit again, I will ask her to scare you in your dreams.

Lorita: Mother?

Lorita heard the word "mother" therefore she remembered her mother that was still in the curse of the bad guy who's in a fight with Layla.

Guard 1: You scare the girl.

Archer 2: I'm sorry, I didn't mean to.

Lorita: Mother, curse...

Wizard: Hurry, we're not safe here!

Guard 2 carried Lorita and they run toward the wall, the spirit was close to Guard 1 and looked at him.

Gaurd 1: You're much bigger than I  thought.

Lorita was safe for now, but the danger that she chose was the only way to help her mother

Back at the village where Remendor was looking for Lorita's mother was looking at the soul bind that was visible using black an mortal energy detection.

Remendor: (I lied to them, the soul bind didn't really stopped but it's actually moving, but it was supper slow that a inpatient person will never notice it, you've chose the right thing, but I will wish for your safety and will able to free your mother's curse.) "May the weapon of hope will also help you."

0