Chapter 6: Hide and Chase and Hide
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lorita was safe for now because she was being rescued by the village guard and spirit kept following her, they reached the wall and head inside a small room.

Wizard: Let me treat her bruises.

Archer 2: You got it.

The wizard walk inside and the room and treat her bruises that was made because of running away from the village.

Wizard: Name's Talia, what's your name?

Lorita:...... Lorita.

Talia: Where do you come from?

Lorita: Mother.

Talia:  (Oh... i didn't mean of where she really born, she must be saying something else.) What?

Lorita: Cursed.

Talia: Your mother was cursed?

Lorita nodded at her.

Talia: I see, what type of curse? Can I help?

Lorita: Old man... said... Bind soul.

Lorita wasn't able to speak clear because of being nervous, scared and worried.

Talia: Bind Soul? Was it a curse called soul bind?

Lorita nodded at her.

Talia: I see, so the're still people who use those magic, I was about to go to the Kingdom of Laystone so that I will be able to learn herb medicine, why don't I visit your mother tomorrow, we can't set out in the middle of the night. And I see that you have a spirit accompanying you and it's a dark one.

Lorita: I must... go now, I need... to save mother.

Talia: No, for now, take a rest, it looks like you didn't sleep this whole time, take a sleep for now,I'll wake you up when it's morning.

Talia place Lorita's head to her lap topped with her soft scarf, Lorita fell asleep in an instant.

Talia: (Just by looking at her face as she sleep kind of remembering Athalia sleeping at my lap the same, I hope Lien is still safe out there, I'll join them after I finished studying at Laystone.)

It was early morning when guards from the Laystone Kingdom was advancing toward the village where Lorita is, clanging noises of metal armor disturbed Talia's sleep, she looked at a small window, she saw a guard and the general was talking.

Talia: I'm really not part of this village's guards but I may listen to them here.

Knight: General Jack?

General: What's the meaning of this?

Knight: The guards from the Kingdom of Laystone saw a form of a human like shadow and the direction it take was heading here, so do you saw any suspicious coming here? We think it was one of the spy that once attacked a far village.

General: No suspicious things come here. Anything that you can remember that the spy was carrying?

Knight: Yes, as far as I remember, three of the chasing guards said that it has a spirit companion.

Talia: "Spirit companion, don't tell me."

Talia turned around and saw Lorita was kneeling on a corner trying to hide.

Talia: "No, there must be reason why she's trying to run away, she said that her mother was cursed by a Soul Bind means that the only was to free it is to kill one of the bind."

Lorita: "No, I must escape, my chance will be all gone.

Knight: Can we inspect the rooms?

General: Sure.

Archer 2: Talia, that girl must be a spy.

Talia: Like we're going to believe it, don't you remember what Lien said? You can judge a child by its actions but you can also judge it by the power of it's force, are you forgetting that?

Archer 2: Then what shall we do?

Talia: Derik, I have a plan, but it'll be very embarrassing.

Archer 2: What are you planing?

The guards are about to get close where Talia and Lorita is.

Guards: Step aside, we don't have time for this.

Derik: I understand, but you shouldn't go in here.

Derik was being pushed and opened the door.

Talia: AHHH!

Talia's skin from the back was exposed,  the white robe she was wearing was at the place where Lorita was hiding and was covered by it.

Guard : We're sorry.

The guards immediately closed the door and Derik walks in.

Talia: At least we did it... Derik?

Derik: Yes?

Talia: Where is she?

Derik: i don't know. (gasp!) The window!!

The window behind Talia was open, Lorita escaped after the guards at the same time guards closed the door she open the window and escape without Talia noticing.

Lorita: Hurry, you must go away from me, they'll notice us.

The ghost must've understand her and separate from her. Lorita blend with the crowd as she tries to escape, the spirit was on the sky and blending with clouds but avoiding some wandering birds and dragons.

Lorita: I mus-

Lorita was being hold from the mouth and being carried by someone, she can't look because the hair was too spiky making it hit her eyes.

Lorita: Mffmfhmf! (I can't look his hair is poking my eyes.)

???: Shh, be quiet.

She was being put in a huge bag that perfectly fits her.

???: Hurry Athalia, we can't hide her forever.

Lorita looked at a open hole on the bag, she saw a yellow hair fallowing her but she can't see the face. The bag was shacking that the guy.

Lorita was going to lift her head from the bag but.

???: Stay in there, you don't need to run away, I'll take you there.

With hope and fear being combined, she trust the guy and just lay down and look up, the spirit was still following her but she was very curious why spirit wasn't attacking the guy.

We're almost at the Inn, we should take a rest there for a while.

Lorita: I don't feel like safe anymore, after my village got destroyed, my brother and father died, almost being killed by the same guy who attacked our village, my mother was cursed, soldiers trying to chase me and now a guy kidnapped me and I don't know where to go, maybe I'll accept my fate after pushing so hard, this is the price I will be payed.

Lorita just closed her eyes and accept her fate.

0