Chosen, Chapter 37: You’re Not Alone
4.4k 6 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Aidan
The Realms
Thirdday, 4th week of the 7th month, Godless Age 597
Early Morning
Starchaser village, Mistvale Highlands

Aidan woke to suffocating darkness. Something restrained his arms, holding them tightly to his body. He tried moving his legs, but they were entangled and bound together as well. Panic rose swiftly, then bloomed into terror as a voice spoke from somewhere in the shadows.

"Imagine my surprise to find no soul within your corpse enshrined. Oh, what a merry chase you led, only to spot you here, in bed."

A shape detached from the darkness and slowly resolved into a tall, thin, androgynous humanoid. Aidan struggled against his restraints, but they only tightened around him.

"And with such a ripe beauty, too; I hope you have found love so true, for that will be all the sweeter when you watch the way I treat her!"

"No, no, no, I won't let you!" Aidan swung his head back and forth and strained with all his might, but he remained immobile and helpless. His tormentor laughed maniacally as the darkness enveloped it again. It took Aidan an ageless eternity, trembling and thrashing in the depths of his own mind, before he registered a new voice.

"Aidan, Aidan love, wake up, you are having a nightmare. Please wake up!"

His eyes opened and banished the shadows. Brighid's arms were tight around him, holding him against her body. He looked down to find his legs tangled in the bedsheets. A loud, shuddering breath escaped him as he willed himself to relax in his love's arms; the redhead lightened her hold on him in turn. Aidan took a moment to ride out the trembling coursing through his body, then turned within the circle of Brighid's embrace.

Emerald eyes brimmed with concern, and ruby lips curved in a frown that Aidan felt compelled to kiss away. Intended at first to be merely reassuring, the kiss quickly grew heated. One warm hand slipped into his hair, locking him in place as he feasted on her lips. The other stroked his bare back from shoulder to tail with growing ardor. Brighid's lips parted for him eagerly, clearing the way for his seeking tongue to claim her mouth. Her hands clutched and scratched at him, her breasts pressed rhythmically against his chest with her heavy breaths, and one of her forelegs hooked behind his knee, drawing him even closer.

He broke the kiss, leaving his lover panting for breath, and declared, "You are mine."

"Yours!" She agreed, then gasped when he bent his head to renew the mark on her neck. He kissed her tender flesh, then sucked hard, bruising her skin unmistakably. His lips followed the lines of her muscles down her throat, onto her collarbone, then down onto her chest. He marked her again on the upper slope of her left breast, just above where a human's heart would be. She writhed against him, thrusting her breasts towards his face, enthusiastically presenting herself for his pleasure. Her breaths were short and labored, gasps and pants and eager, wordless cries.

Aidan needed this. He was weak, powerless to stand against the destiny arrayed against him. Despair grasped at his heart and dragged at his thoughts, following him even into his dreams. Yet, there was one bright torch holding off the darkness, one brilliant star shining in the night, one beautiful woman holding his head to her breast. He needed to claim her, mark her, demonstrate his mastery over the one thing in his life that kept him going.

"I need you," Aidan told her, and Brighid trembled. She held him to her breast for a heartbeat longer, then pushed him away, rising swiftly to her hooves and turning in place before kneeling back down onto the cushion. Her tail flagged high, flopping up onto her back, exposing her nether lips to him. They glistened with thick, slick arousal.

"Please!" She begged, "Plea—ahhhn!" Her pleas broke off into a throaty exclamation. Aidan had wasted no time, rising onto his knees even as Brighid stood, and he was waiting, erection in hand, when she presented herself to him. Before she could even finish giving voice to her need, he aimed his tip at her entrance and thrust forward, seating himself fully inside her with one extended lunge. He rested his hips against her furred rump for a moment, drinking in the feeling of her inner muscles squeezing and rippling around him.

Aidan grabbed Brighid by the haunches, sinking his fingers in around the edge of her muscles, and slowly drew himself out. He watched in fascination as her inner lips clung tightly to his shaft, seemingly unwilling to let him go, until at last, his tip emerged with a wet sucking sound. His lover groaned in protest and pushed back at him, giving him a pleading look over her shoulder. Keeping a firm hold of her haunches, Aidan tilted his hips so that his shaft slid through her folds and rubbed against her clit.

"Tell me," he growled at her. "Tell me what you need."

"Please, Sir," she started again, only to let out a gasping moan when he plunged into her once more. "I need—" He thrust forcefully against her raised rump every time she tried to speak. "Please, I—ohfuck!" Aidan loosed his hold on her, reaching down with his left hand to rub at the bottom of her lips. Brighid's head bent down, tucking her chin against her sternum, and her hands groped at her breasts, tugging and twisting her nipples.

"I do not hear an answer!" He lifted his right hand and brought it down hard on her rear. Brighid stiffened for a fraction of a second, then bucked back against him hard enough to bruise his hips. He spanked her again and again, still thrusting into her molten, soaking core, still rubbing her throbbing clit. Her hips rose to meet him, shoving herself onto him and lifting herself to meet his hand. "Don't you dare come until you give me an answer!" he warned her, even as he did his best to force her over the edge.

Her lovely mezzo-soprano voice rang out in unintelligible syllables, rising to a fever pitch of wordless begging. Finally, she squealed and jerked against Aidan, clamping down hard on him as ecstasy overcame her. He gritted his teeth, resisting the urge to thrust a few more times into her clutching depths and empty himself in her. He had a different plan for this morning. He waited until she slumped down onto the cushions, bracing herself with her hands and panting heavily, before he slapped his hand to her rump again.

"What did I tell you? It seems like I'm going to have to punish you." He pulled out of her slowly, then coated his fingers with the slick secretions covering her nether lips and inner thighs. "Turn around, Brighid. For disobeying me, you are going to wear my seed instead of having it fill you."

She rose slowly, quivering slightly, and turned back around to face him before sinking onto her belly again. Her breasts wobbled with her heavy breathing, and she framed them with her arms, lifting them towards him. "I welcome my Lord's seed wherever he chooses to spend it," she husked. "Please, Sir, take whatever pleasure my body can grant you."

Aidan groped Brighid's bosom, coating her with the lubrication from his fingers, then pressed his throbbing erection between her breasts. He started to move slowly, savoring the novel sensations. Brighid was all lean, athletic muscle from head to rump—all except right here. Her breasts were unquestionably the softest and most luxurious spots on her body, and feeling them mold around his shaft was heavenly. She bent her head, extending her tongue to lick at his tip as it emerged from between her pillowy mounds.

Aidan placed his hands on Brighid's shoulders and sped up, thrusting rapidly into her cleavage. He had been close to the edge when she came, and it didn't take him long to return to the summit. With a hissed, "Take it!" Aidan stepped back and aimed himself at the twin peaks before him. Her hand wrapped around him and stroked him once, twice, and then he was there. With a roar, he came, his erection jerking in Brighid's hand, pearly white semen jetting out of him and splashing across her breasts, into her cleavage, up her neck, onto her face. She continued to stroke him until the last of his spend dribbled onto her nipples, then leaned forward and engulfed him with her mouth. She suckled on his tip, lashing it with her tongue, then pulled off him and licked all over his shaft.

Now that his mind was no longer clouded by lust and need, Aidan felt shame grow inside him at the way he had used Brighid. He wavered on the edge of apologizing to her until she finished cleaning him and turned her gaze up to meet his. Her eyes shone with love and devotion, but it was the happy smile on her face that brought him a measure of peace. And then, when she suggested with a throaty purr, "Does my Lord wish his mare to clean herself, or shall I go about my day with the mark of your favor all over my skin?" he began to stiffen again.

"I've changed my mind," he told her. "I think you may be able to persuade me to practice breeding you, after all."

Her eyes gleamed as she bent down to press her lips to him again.

Congratulations! You have reached levels 16 through 18 in Sex.
Congratulations! You have reached levels 5 and 6 in Dominance
You are now a Novice in Dominance; you gain a slight bonus to the effects of your commands and orders, in and out of sexual situations.
You have earned 50 experience points for advancing a Skill to Novice rank.

Two hours later, after they dragged themselves out of bed, ate a hearty meal, and washed each other thoroughly, Aidan and Brighid found themselves once more in front of Ailis's home. Aidan knocked, then followed his lady inside when the Councillor bid them enter. Just like the previous day, Ailis was seated at her table, a drink in one hand, and a book opened before her. This time, however, she smiled at her guests and asked, "Would you like some tea? I just took the pot off the fire."

"Yes, please," Aidan said. "I would love some, thank you."

Brighid, however, shook her head. "I will not be staying long, Mother. There is too much work for me at the forge." She looked down at where she clasped Aidan's hand between her own, brought it to her lips, then stepped over to her mother. She knelt on her forelegs and bowed her head, saying solemnly, "I owe you an apology, Mother. Yesterday, I violated your trust, your privacy, and your mind. Please do not blame Aidan for what happened; it was all my doing, and he made me see just how badly I erred. I hope that you will be able to forgive me."

Brighid remained motionless, kneeling, while the petite silver-haired Ailis examined her. After a few moments of silence, she leaned down and gently kissed Brighid's forehead. "I accept your apology, little spark. We are neither of us without flaw; how can I hold this against you when I have done so much worse?" Then she whispered, loudly enough for Aidan to hear clearly, "Besides, when you have a male who can do that to you with just one word, the temptation must be severe." Her ice-blue eyes glittered with amusement. "Now come, stand up and give me a hug before you leave."

Brighid did as her mother bade, hugging her hard, then walked back over to Aidan to give him a hug and a lingering kiss. "It has been years since Mother has taken a lover, and she never offers an unwelcome guest tea; it is one of her power plays. If you get the chance, go for it." She breathed into his ear, softly enough that Ailis couldn't overhear. She giggled at the incredulous look he gave her, then kissed him again and retreated out the door.

The thunk of a filled mug against wood brought his attention back to his host. Ailis smiled gently at him as she resumed her seat across from him. "She is a handful, I know. Still, you seem to be handling her well; the last time I heard an apology that sincere from her was before I joined the Council." Her face darkened slightly at that, and she half-whispered, "Though I may be as much to blame for that."

"I cannot speak to the past," Aidan deflected. "I can, however, say that getting to know Brighid has been educational, emotional, and stressful. Whatever passed between you, she still became a kind, loyal, and free-spirited woman. If nothing else, I should think fondly of you for that."

"Free-spirited?" Ailis asked with a smirk. "I would say rebellious and impulsive. Regardless, your words are kind and appreciated. I am glad for the steadying influence you seem to provide to her." She took a sip of her tea, and Aidan followed suit. It was piping hot, just as advertised, and it tasted of lavender and honey.

"This tea is quite good; thank you again." If Ailis didn't usually offer her guests refreshments, then he would make sure to show his appreciation.

Ailis set her mug down, leaned her elbows on the table, laced her fingers together, and rested her chin on her fingers. "So," she began, "you wish to trade information for information. Before we start, I need to know what your plans are, how you intend to use what I tell you. In the realm of politics, there are many ways to get things done. Are you looking to persuade the Councillors that it is in the Starchasers' best interest for you to be one of us? Are you trying to befriend them and hope that that will influence their votes? Are you merely trying to get their vote in whatever way is most expedient? I can give you advice on any approach; some will be harder than others, and some will come with worse consequences if not handled very carefully. Tell me, young Aidan, what sort of help are you looking for?"

Aidan considered her question carefully. "I would prefer," he said slowly, "not to make any unnecessary enemies in what I hope to be my new home. No blackmail, no strong-arm tactics. My preference would be to make friends with everyone."

"Hmmm." Ailis hummed. "The hard way, then. No, no judgment, stay your protests. That is indeed the best route in the long-term; as you say, making powerful enemies would be unwise so early. It will simply require much more effort on your part, both now and in the future. Very well, I can help you." She straightened up and took another sip of her tea. "I will price my advice on Gerwyn as the cheapest because I suspect he will vote in your favor even without intervention. Fionn is next; the old warhorse will not vote against you, I do not think, but it may be difficult to persuade him not to abstain. Then Eilwen, and finally Anwn. They are the most likely to vote Nay, and Anwn, in particular, will be quite tricky. I do not know that the girl has any friends, aside from her wolves. Perhaps we can make that work in your favor, however." She turned her attention to Aidan. "Just in case you end up providing more value than I have to return, or you have more information to trade when we finish with this, is there anything else you would like to learn?"

He hesitated for a moment, considering the risks, then asked, "I did not discuss this with Brighid ahead of time, so please forgive me if I overstep my bounds. I am still learning about your culture." At Ailis's dismissive gesture, he continued, "I have a Trait which gives me a bonus to affinity with magic Skills. It does not list precisely which Skills are affected, so I would like a chance to learn the basics of any magic you would be willing to teach me."

A silver eyebrow arched, and Ailis's gaze sharpened with interest. "Indeed? I knew you are a mage with talent in Fire Magic, but you suspect you have multi-school affinity? That would be a great asset to the tribe if true."

"Fire Magic and Vivimancy," Aidan corrected.

"Hmmm," the Councillor hummed again. "Let me make a counter-proposal. You may barter for lessons in the schools I can teach you—Beast Magic and Wood Magic—as well as for favors owed to me from the other mages of the tribe, which you may use for lessons from them. If you succeed in joining the tribe permanently, and if you do have sufficient affinity in another school, I will take you as my apprentice. In lieu of the standard apprentice busywork, you will pay me in Lore. Also, I would place no exclusive claim on you; either of us would be able to end the apprenticeship at any time with no animosity. We have not had a three-school mage in a generation."

"And if I have the affinity for four schools?" Aidan asked.

Ailis laughed and smirked at him. "Four-school mages are the stuff of legends. If you have the capacity to reach Journeyman in four schools, I may have to borrow you from my daughter. There are few things in this world as sexy as a powerful man." Her eyes glittered—with amusement or desire, Aidan couldn't tell.

Aidan laughed along with her, but he winced internally. If people with even moderate affinity in four different types of magic were so rare as to be legendary, then care was needed. Keeping Limitless a secret wouldn't be enough if he started throwing around spells of every variety. Aloud, he said, "Well then, I want to speak to Brighid to make sure I know what is being offered and expected, but I would be a fool to turn you down." Let her chew on that for a while, he thought to himself smugly.

Ailis's smile and the interest in her eyes told him that she appreciated both his words and his wordplay. She took another drink of her tea, her ice-blue eyes locked on his over the rim of the mug. When she set her glass down, her pink tongue flicked across her upper lip. Aidan blushed slightly at the predatory intensity of her gaze; Ailis's smile grew wider. She didn't let the silence linger, however. "If we are agreed, then please begin. I am closest to Mastery in Foreign History, so please start there, if you would."

"Of course. In that case, let me tell you of the rise and fall of the Roman Empire..."

 

Special thanks to Cenomy and Orange for their exceptional support on Patreon!

97