10. Ivy and Aria’s father
173 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Let's meet up. Have something important to discuss.

Venue- Hotel Blue Purple.

Time- 7.30 pm

See ya.

Danny.'

Ivy read Danny's message. She was sitting in her cubicle, scrolling through her messages. She had received a lot of missed calls and messages, most of them from Kira and Max and some from unknown numbers. The one text that caught her eye was from Danny.

Although Ivy and Daniel had known each other since childhood, he was not that close to her as he was with Aria. Their thoughts never matched and most of the time they argued till both of them had only one wish in mind: To rip off the other person's head. Finally, it would be Aria to the rescue, bringing peace between them. So they never talked much, except for when the met occasionally. He only texted her, if he had something crucial to discuss.

'Okay.' She texted back.

'Do you want me to pick you up?' His reply came immediately.

'Don't take the trouble.'

Ivy looked at the time; it was around 6.30 pm. She picked her back and got up to go.

"Where are you going?" Kira asked, scrutinizing her through her glasses.

"I am done for the day."

"What do you mean you are done for the day? You arrived to work after the lunch hour."

"But I got you a big news. And I don't have any work right now?"

"Don't you want to watch the news you uncovered?"

"Nah. I am fine. Anyway once it's telecasted, it will be the only news playing on all channels for a few days."

"You are right. But do you seriously wanna go?"

Ivy nodded.

"Okay. See you tomorrow."

Ivy gave her a flying kiss and walked out.

........

Aria was waiting for Danny outside the hospital. She had finished attending to all her patients and had reminded the receptionist to call her in case of an emergency. She was sipping on her Iced Caramel Macchiato, while tapping her right foot.

A black Audi A8 stopped in front of her and the windows rolled down. Danny was sitting in the driver's seat.

"Get in."

Aria got in and sat beside him.

"Did you go to Starbucks?"

"No. Why?"

"Then, how did you get the drink?" Danny looked at the cup in Aria's hand as he started driving.

"This? I tricked one of my patient's bodyguard into buying me one." Aria remembered Noah's guard, whom she had fooled a few minutes back. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Not here. Let's talk while we are eating. I have texted your sister too."

"Ivy's back? She didn't give me a call. When did she come back?"

"Why? Where did she go?"

"Uron City. She had got some leads on a criminal activity, a couple of days back."

"I think she came back today afternoon. And Miss Brainless, if I remember correctly, your phone got damaged,. So how would you get a call?"

"I am not brainless. I just forgot about it. Also, she could contact me via the hospital phone." Aria stuck out her tongue.

"Anyway, when are you leaving for London?"

"In two days. My flight is on the 13th. The conference starts on the 15th and ends on the 18th. I'll be back the next day."

"So, you will be gone for almost a week?"

"Yes."

"We have arrived." Danny declared after driving silently for ten minutes. The car stopped in front of a beautiful restaurant. It was a striking reflective building and had a modern decor. Though it was not luxurious, it was still classy and elegant. She got off the car and walked behind Danny, taking in her surroundings with awe.

"Hotel Blue Purple. Isn't it the newly opened hotel, which had received very good ratings from the customers?"

"Yes." Danny handed his keys to the valet and dragged her towards the entrance.

Everything about the restaurant was magnificent. The best part of the hotel was that they did not have any dress code for the diners, yet the people were dressed gracefully.

Aria looked down at her outfit. She was wearing a light green tunic and white trousers.

"You like fine," Danny remarked seeing her hesitate.

Just then, a roaring motorbike arrived, gaining everyone's attention.

"Here comes the attention seeker."

Aria nudged Danny to shut up.

Ivy parked her bike and walked towards the pair. "Hey, Ari. Hey Danny boy."

Aria took in Ivy's attire and relaxed a little. If she was under-dressed, then Ivy looked like she didn't belong to this place at all with her tomboyish looks.

"Let's go." Danny prompted, ignoring Ivy's greeting.

"Yes. Let's go. Danny boy, I am going to empty your wallets today." Ivy teased, making Aria sigh at their childishness.

After a few minutes, Aria, Ivy and Danny were settled in a private booth and had placed their order.

"Yes, Danny. What did you want to talk about? You said it was about Dad." Aria started the conversation.

"You called us here to talk about Dad?" Ivy repeated Aria's question.

Aria and Ivy's father, Oliver West was a journalist. He had covered many important news in his career. He had his own broadcasting agency, The Daily. He was very honest and did not hesitate to reveal the truth to the public. He and his teammates had performed various sting operations on famous people, involved in illegal activities. It was him who had inspired Ivy to be a journalist. Everything was going well and good, until three years ago; their Dad went missing and their Mom, Susan West, died of a heart attack.

"Yes. I had some people look into what your Dad was up to three years ago. Do you know about it, Ivy?" Danny asked carefully.

"Dad was covering a piece of news on illicit removal of organs from patients at the hospital, along with his colleagues."

"Correct. Uncle had executed a sting operation on some of the famous doctors, but the news never made the headlines."

"Ah. Now I remember. Dad was telling that he was close and he would find the mastermind behind those activities. He just needed one more day to uncover the truth." Aria said in realization. Ivy nodded.

"What happened the day he disappeared? Did you notice something unusual about him?" Danny questioned, his face quite serious.

The sisters looked at each other and shook their heads.

"Danny, do you know something?" Ivy asked, leaning on the table with her arms folded.

"I am not sure either. However, I have been informed that your father's teammates were murdered."

"And what about Dad?" Aria asked, thinking the worst possible outcome.

"He is alive."

"But?"

"But he is being held captive."

0