14. I knew you were foolish
155 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What was all that about?" Hailey questioned when they were walking along the corridor of the hospital.

"I'll tell you everything at home. Let's go from here first." Samuel assured.

"Son." His father spoke with a feeble voice from beside him. As soon as Samuel turned to look at him, he fainted. His father looked deathly pale and he was sweating.

"Dad," Samuel shouted in horror. He held his father in his arms and looked around for help.

"Somebody help." He shouted.

Hailey looked at her father-in-law in shock. She immediately fell to her knees and tried to wake him up. "Dad, wake up."

Aria saw the entire scenario and ran to them at once. She had just entered the hospital and was walking towards her cabin when the old man in front of her fainted.

"Excuse me, sir. Could you please move? I am a doctor." She said squatting in front of Samuel. She checked the person's pulse. Although it was faint, he was still there.

"Wait here for a minute sir." She said and ran away.

"Wait. What happened to my father?" He shouted after Aria, but she had vanished.

He looked at his father, praying for him to be alright. Aria returned after a few minutes with two attendants carrying a stretcher.

"Take him to the emergency ward." She ordered.

"Madam, Sir. Please don't worry. He will be alright." She said and followed behind the attendants. Samuel and Hailey hurriedly accompanied her.

As soon as they reached the ward, Aria stopped them. "Please wait here."

She then went inside and checked Jonathan's conditions. His blood pressure was very high, he was sweating and his breathing was irregular. His heartbeat was irregular too. It was a case of hypertension. She immediately administered some thiazide diuretics to stabilize him. After a minute or two, she walked out of the room.

Samuel and Hailey were pacing with anxiousness. As soon as they saw Aria walkout, they ran to her.

"How is Dad?" Hailey asked panicking.

"Madam, the patient is out of danger for now." Hailey and Samuel took a breath of relief.

"What happened to him?" Samuel asked taking control of his emotions.

"Sir, the patient's blood pressure elevated drastically. I have administered him some anti-hypertension medication. We have to keep him under observation for a few hours." Samuel and Hailey nodded.

"After his blood pressure returns to normal, I recommend doing some tests and scans to be on a safer side," Aria said.

Hailey and Samuel, who had relaxed a bit immediately stiffened on hearing her words.

Just then, Noah and Ian came running towards them. As soon as his grandfather fainted, Noah's men had informed him. He ran out to find Ian and rushed to his grandfather.

"Why did you come out of the ward?" Hailey chided him. He was still weak and he needed rest. However, here he was running and giving stress on his injured body.

"Mom, how is grandpa?" Noah ignored her scoldings and asked her.

"Dr. West, how is the patient?" Ian asked putting on a professional look. He was at the hospital and it wouldn't look good if he called Aria by her first name.

"The patient is out of danger for now Dr. Davis. But it is a case of acute hypertension. I have given him some Thiazide diuretics" Aria replied, signaling him to have a talk in private.

"Mr. and Mrs. Carter relax. There's nothing to worry." Ian assured them, but Noah had seen Aria's signal. He tagged along with them.

"Dr. Davis this might a symptom of stroke. I recommend we perform some tests and scans. Did he suffer something like this before?" Aria said, looking at Ian.

Ian shook his head and looked at Noah. "We will keep your grandpa in observation for a few hours and then we will perform some tests on him."

Noah stared at him silently. He did not know what to do. He was scared.

"Mr. Carter everything will be fine. We want to perform the tests just to see if there is any blood clot. Since this is the first time something like this has happened, there are less chances of him having a clot. Also, he was monitored immediately. So relax." Aria said, looking at Noah's tensed face.

Hearing Aria's words Noah relaxed a little and gave her a faint smile.

.......

All the tests were performed and the Carter family was waiting for Ian. Rachel had arrived as soon as she heard about her grandfather. Nobody had moved from the place. They had not even had any food or water in those few hours.

"People, I have some good news," Ian said arriving with the reports.

All the four of them looked at him in anticipation.

"There is nothing to worry about. It was just a case of high blood pressure. But he will have to stay in the hospital for two days." He said.

The Carters immediately relaxed. The last few hours were like hell for them.

"I suggest you to leave for now. He is fine. We will take care of him" Ian said.

Everybody left the ward, except for Noah and Ian.

"You too go take some rest," Ian said patting Noah on his back.

"Hmm."

Ian knew that Noah admired his grandfather the most. He would not leave his grandfather's side till he recovered.

"At least have some food."

"Hmm."

Ian shook his head and left the ward. He saw Aria, waiting for him outside.

"How is the patient, Ian?"

"He is fine. It was not a symptom of stroke."

"Thank God." Aria heaved a sigh of relief.

"By the way, is he Noah's grandfather?"

Ian nodded. Looking at Aria, Ian had an idea.

"Aria could you please persuade Noah to eat something and take rest. He has to take medicines to recover. He is being stubborn with me, but he might listen to you."

"Where is he?"

"He is with his grandfather." Ian pointed towards the ward.

"Leave it to me," Aria said and walked away. Ian knew only Aria could convince Noah.

A few moments later, Aria knocked at the door and sauntered in. Noah was holding his grandfather's hand and was staring at him.

"Mr. Carter." No response.

"Noah." Still no response.

Aria forcefully grabbed Noah's shoulder and made him look at her. He immediately came out of his daze.

"I knew you were foolish." She taunted. Noah's gaze sharpened at once.

"You are still weak, yet you are here without having food or taking rest. Do you want to continue your stay at the hospital?" Noah remained quiet.

"I know you love your grandfather, but consider your health too. Now I want you to finish all the food in this box. No excuses." She said with a stern voice, handing him a bento box.

Noah observed her and the box. He knew she was right. He couldn't fall sick again, he still had some issues to attend to. He knew why his grandfather fell ill, it was because of the contents of the envelope.

Aria stared at him eating silently and ruffled his hair. "Good boy."

Noah immediately stiffened at her touch. He looked at her smiling at him and thought, 'Does she care about me?'

0