5: Meeting The Mitsuyas
1.3k 0 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting up to greet Emily, Miyuki lifted Erina into her arms while walking over to Emily with Suzuki trailing behind her.

"Emily, this is my second child Erina, who was born about half a year ago on July 19th." Introduced Miyuki while guiding Emily towards the couches in the living room.

"Oh my! Erina is so cute! Her mismatching yellow and blue eyes are like dazzling gems! I think she'll get along great with Yuiko!" Emily gushed after seeing Erina nuzzle into Miyuki afraid of the new faces around her.

Handing Erina to Suzuki so both the sisters could play with each other, Miyuki began catching up with Emily about what had been going on recently, while asking some questions about childcare.

While Miyuki and Emily were sitting on the couches and chatting, Garret was almost done packing the alcohol away when he was interrupted by another loud voice, "GARRET I AM HERE!!-Hohhhhh alcohol eh? Quite a bit too! C'mon Garret, let me settle Yuiko in and we'll drink our heart's out!"

Watching their antics, Miyuki could only facepalm while Emily was chuckling at her husband's declaration.

Preparing to drink until his liver burst with Garret, Henrich walked over to Emily to have Yuiko in the hands of a more responsible adult who wouldn't try to drown themselves in alcohol.

"Emily, can you take care of Yuiko for now?" Henrich asked while handing Yuiko over to Emily, "I am going to go drink with Garret, and I don't think Yuiko should be watching us two grown men drink that much alcohol."

Handing over Yuiko, Henrich ran off to rejoin Garret, and begin their drinking adventure.

"GARRET! We'll drink our hearts out! Either we finish all of these or our livers explode!" Shouted Henrich while Garret began laughing in anticipation of the upcoming challenge.

Watching the two fully grown men run off like children to a different room to bust their livers with alcohol, Miyuki could only let out a sigh of resignation.

"Aiya... I thought this was supposed to be a get together where we introduce our children to each other, not have another drinking contest like last time..." Lamented Miyuki after hearing them slam the living room door shut.

"It's fine! Just let the two men have their fun Miyuki, the children are all with us so there isn't anything to worry about, okay?" Comforted Emily seeing Miyuki displeasure at the current situation.

"Okayyyy, at least the children are with us so that Garret and Henrich aren't a bad influence on them..." Sighed Miyuki having given up on stopping Garret and Henrich from following through on their foolish endeavor.

Pushing both of the men out of their minds, Miyuki and Emily prepared to introduce Erina and Yuiko to each other when they were suddenly interrupted by Suzuki, "Mama? Not right now... Erina just fell asleep just now so why don't you wait and do it later?"

"Hmmm, that's okay! Suzuki, give Erina to your mother and then come over here and I'll introduce you to my daughter Yuiko!" Responded Emily, "A child like Erina needs her rest after all!"

Handing Erina back to Miyuki, Suzuki turned to look at Emily's child Yuiko. Yuiko had long red hair like her father along with two emerald green eyes similar to her mother's.

Seeing Suzuki hold out her hands, Emily handed Yuiko over to let her familiarize herself with Erina's sister Suzuki.

-------------------------

Allowing Suzuki and Yuiko to play amongst themselves, Miyuki suddenly remembered some important information she needed to tell Emily.

"Emily, there is something I just remembered that I need to tell you about Erina," Miyuki stated to get Emily's attention.

"Hm? Okay, you can continue now, I'm all ears." Responded Emily, refocusing from the children back to Miyuki.

"Well the thing is when Erina was born, she underwent a medical check-up as most babies do, but the results showed that she had really weak bones and a constitution that doesn't really allow her to gain muscles or fat. Furthermore, there wasn't a way to fix this, so Erina will have a weak body throughout her life." Confided Miyuki after leaning in to whisper it into Emily's ear.

Seeing Emily furrow her eyebrows at the news, Miyuki sat up and continued, "However, the doctor said this is because she takes in more magic than most people, so she should grow up to be a top tier mage, especially because she is a member of the 17 pillar families."

"Oh my, oh my, now that's something... I don't know if I should be jealous that she won't get fat or sad because she'll have a weak body..." Emily confessed after hearing the details of Erina's condition.

"Yeah! I thought of the same thing when I first heard about it too!" Miyuki joked while adjusting her position so Erina could sleep comfortably on her bosom.

"Hmmm, you know though... I have noticed though that Yuiko is pretty active for her age, so if they become friends, they could be each other's support." Pondered Emily after thinking about the news a bit more.

-------------------------------

After Miyuki and Emily spent some more time talking, Erina began stirring from her sleep.

"She's waking up! Does she need more sleep though Miyuki due to her condition? Or does she sleep normally?" Asked Emily seeing that Erina had awoken.

"Mmm... Well, it seems that Erina doesn't seem to need extra sleep, so I am pretty sure that she should be fine concerning sleep." Replied Miyuki while waving the two other children over.

Waking up, Erina saw a brown-haired, emerald-eyed beauty inspecting every aspect of her. Seeing that Erina was scared from an unfamiliar face, Miyuki softly reassured Erina, telling her that it wasn't anyone dangerous, just a family friend.

------------------------

Walking over to the adults, Yuiko noticed that another girl was sitting in the other woman's arms.

Suddenly being grabbed by her mother Emily, Yuiko heard Emily whisper in her ear, "Yuiko, this is Miyuki and her daughter Erina! And I hope Erina can be great friends!"

 

44