30: Erina’s Test
826 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Letting go of Yuiko, Erina straightened her back waiting for her turn to take the Magic Measurement Test.

"Would Erina Noragi please walk up to the testing machine?" The Queen called out, reading from her note sheet.

Walking up to the array of machines, Erina set down her hand onto the first machine without a fuss. Looking around, Erina pondered, 'I wonder how they make these... it seems complicated like I wouldn't even have the idea to make a machine like this...'

Finishing the first and second test without a hitch, Erina walked over to the third machine while thinking, 'So this one shouldn't be such a problem... like with my condition and all I'm practically guaranteed to have a complex element so I'm not that worried...'

Hearing the machine power down, Erina walked over to the complex element machine while murmuring to herself, "Hah... it's still a big relief to hear the notification that lets me take the complex element test..."

Finishing the rest of the tests without any problems, Erina walked up to the front of the stage, waiting for her test results. Waiting for a few seconds, the mechanical voice reported,

{Overall scores of the subject are:

Magic Power: S+ Ranked

Magic Type: 100% Release type 0% Enchantment type

Magic Affinities: Water S+ rank, Air S- rank, Earth D- rank, Fire D- rank

Complex Magic Affinities: Ice 5th level, Lightning 2nd level

Specialization: Sniper Rifle}

Stunned by her test results, Erina pinched herself on the arm to make sure that she wasn't dreaming, 'It's real... like... I've heard of people having two complex elements... but... but like it's practically a myth!'

While Erina was pinching herself, the families and parliament members below the stage were in a frenzy.

Wiping his tears, Garret was in disbelief, "I never would have thought that Erina was this talented at magic... makes me proud!"

Hugging Suzuki as hard as she could, Miyuki was shouting, "Can you believe it Suzu?! Erina has two! It's unheard of!"

Returning the hug, Suzuki replied, "I knew that Erina could do it! Look at her up there on the stage! She's practically crying!"

Hearing the uproar below the stage, Erina stumbled in disbelief back towards her spot. Wiping some tears away, Erina hugged Yuiko once she was standing back in her position on the stage.

Having a wide smile on her face, Yuiko congratulated, "Look at you, Erina! You're making history! You did amazing!"

Nodding, Erina replied, "Mn... I still don't believe it..."

Spending some time to calm down, Erina straightened her posture while waiting for the crowd's uproar to die down. Having finished her turn, Erina watched as her cousin Hiroshi Seigi went up to the stage, flashing a brief smile as he walked by. Smiling at Hiroshi, Erina kept her eyes forward feeling the hostile gaze that was coming from Haizaki.

Watching Hiroshi take the test, Erina saw that nothing too eventful happened throughout the test, with Hiroshi getting,

{Overall scores of the subject are:

Magic Power: S Ranked

Magic Type: 68% Enchantment type 32% Release type

Magic Affinities: Earth A+ rank, Fire C rank, Water D rank, Air D- rank

Complex Magic Affinities: Metal 4th level

Specialization: War Axe}

Seeing Hiroshi walking back towards her, Erina was clapping when Hiroshi sighed, "Hah... Erina, you set the bar way too high... I don't blame you, though because I'm glad I beat Haizaki~"

Giggling a little, Erina turned to Yuiko and asked, "I just realized Yuiko, how does the Royal Family fund these, because like... there is a lot of work that goes into these banquets every year."

Thinking for a second, Yuiko replied, "I'm pretty sure it's from the ad revenue... you know how they broadcast the test part every year? They make a ton of money from the ad revenue..."

Nodding, Erina agreed, "Yeah, that makes sense... Oh, it's the last person now... Krystina Yatsushiro right?"

Chiming in from the side, Hiroshi replied, "Yeah it's Krystina... though she's pretty much you're opposite Erina, she's active, kinda similar to Yuiko."

Grinning, Yuiko chimed in, "Is she now... maybe we should spar sometime..."

Poking Yuiko in the stomach, Erina complained, "No! You can't... you're becoming a battle maniac like Suzuki and Shousuke!"

Stiffening, Yuiko gasped, "Wait... you're right! Oh my god... when did this happen..."

Giggling, Erina fixed her posture as Krystina finished the final test. Watching Krystina walk to the front of the stage, Erina heard the mechanical voice report,

{Overall scores of the subject are:

Magic Power: S- Ranked

Magic Type: 80% Enchantment type 20% Release type

Magic Affinities: Air A+ rank, Fire B rank, Water D+ rank, Earth D rank

Complex Magic Affinities: Lightning 4th level

Specialization: Dagger}

Clapping, Erina gave a small wave as Krystina walked back to the side of the stage.

While walking past Yuiko, Krystina whispered, "I'd love to spar sometime! Just call me sometime!" While slipping Yuiko a piece of paper with a phone number on it.

Confused on how Krystina had a piece of paper prepared already, Yuiko looked at her in confusion before Vladimir answered, "Yeah that's just how she works... she always carries around like 5 of those pieces of paper I think. She gave me and Hiroshi one before..."

Hearing Vladimir's answer, Krystina struck a pose while exclaiming, "Oh no! I've been caught~!"

Facepalming, Yuiko looked over towards Haizaki who was fuming, looking like he was about to erupt like a volcano. Ignoring Haizaki like he wasn't there, Yuiko turned to Erina and asked, "We're supposed to go down right now and rejoin our families right? Because why is there a crowd here?"

Sighing, Erina began walking off the stage while guessing, "Probably because of me? Like... no one, at least no one I have seen has two complex elements, and I have like no contact with anyone other than you pretty much...so maybe they are trying to build a connection with me? Suzuki told me that stuff like this happens a lot with talented people."

Nodding, Yuiko concurred, "Yeah that sounds about right... but there's a lot of people..."

Allowing the others to get off the stage first, Erina added, "Well they are probably also here for you, Hiroshi, Krystina, and Vladimir. You know, because any 4th level and above complex elements are rare, and this year 5 people had a 4th level or above complex element..."

"Ah, that makes more sense... well see you later!" Yuiko replied, splitting up with Erina to rejoin the other Mitsuyas.

"Bye-bye!" Answered Erina before running towards her family.

Hallo~ Thanks for reading!

I'll post the last chapter in this arc later today I think... so look forward to that? Then we'll only be 1 chapter behind?

30