33: The Train
685 6 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting out of the car, Erina stood there slack-jawed as she took in the sight of the train. Standing there, Erina tried to take in as many details as she could, muttering, "It's so different... it's so much more majestic in real life..."

Ahead of Erina was a massive train three miles in length, five stories tall, gleaming under the sun. Coming to a stop next to Erina, Yuiko tapped Erina on the shoulder before asking, "I have a pamphlet here all about this train, do you want me to summarize it for you? Or do you just want to read it?"

Snapped out of her trance, Erina turned to Yuiko and answered, "Hm... you can just summarize it. It's no fun if I just stand here for a while reading the pamphlet."

Nodding, Yuiko began walking while explaining, "So this train is about 3 miles long... a bit longer I believe. About 10 meters wide in most areas, 5 stories tall, and built with the newest technology available."

"It doesn't need rails to move because it uses the newest propulsion engines, engines which also allow the train to move above water unhindered. However, the train needs a large specially built platform to touch down upon." Yuiko continued while walking towards the station, "One such platform is the one right over there the train is on right now. Another is the extra-large one built at the training camp."

Pulling her luggage along while walking next to Yuiko, Erina asked, "What do mean by an extra-large platform? Isn't the one here already ridiculously large?"

Looking at the pamphlet, Yuiko answered, "By extra-large, it means it has the capacity for 5 of these trains over near the training camp."

Surprised, Erina replied, "Holy moly, that means the camp must be HUGE if it has space for 5 of these platforms! Amazing for a camp built out in the ocean..."

Nodding, Yuiko continued, "So this train has all the space we'll need. The train is separated in many small dorm-like areas, in which each group will be living in one of these dorm areas on the way to the camp. Furthermore, the dorm-like areas will be in a similar layout to what the dorms will be like at the training camp."

Arriving near the end of the line, Erina replied, "Wow! The UN must have spent a lot of money on those trains..."

Standing in line, Erina was looking around when she heard someone shouting from behind her, "ERINA! IT'S BEEN SO LONG!"

Groaning, Erina turned around to see Krystina running over with Vladimir and Hiroshi trailing behind her.

Hiding behind her human shield named Yuiko, Erina ignored Krystina while talking to Hiroshi, "How have you been Hiroshi? It's been a while since I last saw you... and you've gotten even taller..."

Chuckling with a relaxed smile, Hiroshi replied, "Hm... I've been doing pretty well. Though you should see Vlad, dude is even taller than me..."

Pulling Erina out from behind her, Yuiko poked Erina's nose while laughing, "Erina, you can't use me as a shield okay? Come on, Krystina isn't that bad... never mind, I see her getting out her hair tools..."

Holding a bunch of tools that came from who knows where Krystina captured a fleeing Erina before beginning to style Erina's hair. Styling Erina's hair, Krystina explained, "By the way Yuiko and Erina, I made to check in early, so I got us one of the suites near the front of the train. Plus the suite we have is on the 5th floor of the train."

"Nice! Thanks, Krystina!" Yuiko thanked, setting down her own bags to help Krystina style Erina's hair, "Do you know when boarding starts though?"

"Soon I think..." Vladimir answered, reading the pamphlet that had been provided, "Yeah it says right here that the 5th floor will board first in 10 minutes."

Waiting for a while, the group spent some time catching up before beginning to board the train.

----------------

Boarding the train, Erina marveled at the fancy interior, murmuring, "This place is luxurious... it's so sleek... modern..."

Walking towards their group's area, Yuiko who overheard Erina murmuring, agreed, "Yeah... This train looks like it should be some fancy museum or mansion..."

Opening the door to their area, Krystina announced, "We're here! This is our area! There should be a common room, 2 double bedrooms, and 1 single bedroom, along with 2 bathrooms!"

Entering the door, Krystina spun around to face the others, striking a pose before asking, "So who's going to live in what room?"

Hearing Krystina's question, Hiroshi looked around, only to see Erina and Yuiko hugging each other, and a confused Vladimir. Slinging his arm over Vladimir's, Hiroshi asked, "What up Vlad, wanna room together?"

Standing up straight, Vladimir replied, "How many times do I have to remind you that we should call each other by our full names Hiroshi? But sure I'll room with you."

Faking a downcast expression, Krystina called out, "Erina! Do you not want to room with me? What have I done!"

Twirling around, Krystina continued, "Did I not express my affection enough?"

Sticking out her tongue, Erina replied, "I know you didn't mean any of that! Don't try and trick me!"

Wiping away her fake tears, Krystina answered, "Phooey, I was caught..."

Walking through the pseudo dorm that had been provided, Erina turned to Yuiko and whispered, "This place is a lot bigger than I thought it would be... I thought we would be living in small rooms...like really small rooms..."

Giggling at the worry that was apparent in Erina's voice, Yuiko replied, "Knowing you Erina, I bet you were thinking we would be living in rooms the size of your closet. You know the closet that you can't close the door if there is anyone in it... Come one though, you don't need to worry about it that much, let's go and put our stuff in one of the rooms."

Pulling her suitcase down the hall, Erina answered, "Sure! Let's go!"

Following Erina down the hall, Yuiko opened one of the doors, poking her head into the room before closing the door once again, "Not this room Erina, this is the single room."

Opening another door, Erina walked in after waving Yuiko over. Sitting down on the bed, Erina leaned back and asked, "So when is the train going to start moving?"

Putting her own luggage onto a shelf, Yuiko answered, "I think they'll broadcast a train-wide announcement when there are 10 minutes left."

Sprawling out on the bed, Erina replied, "So we wait..."

"Yup..." Yuiko agreed, face planting onto her own bed.

Yay~ Thanks for reading the chapter!

I'm parallel posting with Webnovel now!

Um... what else do I put here...

(゜-゜)

Also if someone could explain the SH timer for me that would be nice... I have no idea how to use it...

24