34: Train Ride
751 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Waiting a while for the train to begin moving Erina and Yuiko were gazing out the window when the train began moving.

*WHIRRRR*

Lifting off the ground, the train began gliding forward, speeding up with each passing second.

"The train sure is accelerating quickly," Yuiko commented, seeing the scenery become a blur outside the window, "I feel bad for the people who are right next to the train carriages that the engines though..."

Nodding in agreement, Erina murmured, "Now that the train is moving, how long do you think it will be until Krystina bursts into our room to have us do something as a group in the common room, Yuiko?"

Giggling at the exasperation in Erina's voice, Yuiko answered, "Not long I bet... in fact I can already hear her footsteps running down the hall. But who's room will she go to first?"

Admiring the colors outside the window, Erina replied, "I dunno..."

Sitting at the small table near the window for a bit, Yuiko and Erina were unsurprised when Krystina burst into their room. Running over and pulling Yuiko and Erina out of their seats, Krystina exclaimed, "Come on! Vlad and Hiro are already in the common room waiting, so let's have some fun!"

Following Krystina out of the room, Yuiko asked, "So what are we going to be doing? Because it's still a while off before lunch is delivered... unless you want to go and eat in the meal carriage?"

Shaking her head, Krystina replied, "Nah, we can go eat in the meal carriage some other time... we're going to play some card games right now, so any preferences?"

Perking up from the side, Erina chimed in, "I want to play that one game! You know what I'm talking about, Yuiko?"

"No I don't, Erina..." Yuiko replied with a wry smile, "You know what you said literally tells me nothing right?"

"Ah... right..." Erina answered, realizing that she had left out all of the key details, "U-um you know the one where you try and get as little points as possible? And the first person to reach 1000 points loses? The one where points are counted in tens?"

Nodding, Krystina replied, "Oh I think I know which one you're talking about, I'll go ask Vlad and Hiro if they have also heard of it!"

Running off, Krystina ran off to the common room as Yuiko and Erina took their time getting to the common room.

Arriving in the common room, Yuiko and Erina sat down on the empty couch as Krystina finished dealing the last of the cards.

"So you two know the game I'm talking about?" Erina asked Vladimir and Hiroshi as she repositioned the cushions.

Nodding, Hiroshi answered, "Yeah, Vladimir and I have played the game in the past at each other's houses. Plus I usually beat him so there's that~"

Grumbling as they started the game, Vladimir replied, "It's luck! I swear I would beat you if your luck wasn't so perverted!"

Laughing, Yuiko replied, "Vlad, you're in for a world of trouble if you think Hiroshi's luck is perverted! I bet you haven't played much against Erina then, because her luck is the perverted one!"

Nodding in agreement, Hiroshi added, "I've played against Erina many times at family reunions and everyone, literally everyone, in both of our families thinks that Erina's luck is just out of this world!"

-----------------

Spending the time until lunch playing cards, where everybody was absolutely trounced on by Erina, Vladimir sighed in resignation while eating, "You were right Hiroshi... Erina's luck is truly out of this world..."

Taking a few more bites of his food, Vlad asked, "Does anyone know what exactly we will be doing at camp?"

"Hm, it's pretty complicated, but I do know a few things from my parents..." Yuiko answered, "So first thing is that we'll be attending all of our classes together because we're like a team, you know? And the classes we'll be attending are the normal school classes, Language Arts, Math, History, and Science. Though Magic Theory will now be combined with Science..."

Seeing everyone else's laser focus, Yuiko asked, "Did no one else hear anything from their parents? They all work at the same place...no? Okay..."

Eating some of her food and downing her cup of water, Yuiko continued, "I don't really know the structure of the classes, but we'll also be taking martial arts, which is just learning some fighting techniques while building up strength in the body. Another extra class is a class that is element specific, so for example, I will be taking the Lava class, while Vlad and Hiro will be in the Metal class."

Nodding at Yuiko's explanation, Erina added, "Oh, I have a different schedule by the way..."

Bolting up in unison, Vladimir, Hiroshi, and Krystina shouted, "What!?"

Refilling his cup of water, Hiroshi asked, "So what's different about it? I'm assuming not much has changed though..."

Sprawling out on the couch into a comfortable position, Erina replied, "Most of my classes are the same, so I didn't know what those classes were before Yuiko just told us. But a while ago I got a letter personally addressed to me from some random manager person about what specific classes would be changed..."

Pausing for a second to grab a cushion, Erina continued, "Pretty much it just told me that because I have two special circumstances: my condition and me having two complex elements... I would be exempt from martial arts classes, and would be instead attending a second magic class... though it didn't even tell me what the other classes were called..."

Nodding, Vladimir chimed in, "It makes sense... Erina's test did make the news, as there hasn't been someone who got 2 complex elements in over 10 years..."

Leaping at Erina, Krystina yelled, "No! I don't want to be separated from Erina!! Why has this happened!"

Intercepting Krystina mid-jump, Yuiko replied with a teasing smile, "Well who knows~, though I was there when Erina got the letter from the government though~"

Being diverted to the couch, Krystina pouted while complaining, "I'm not talking to you anymore Yuiko! Hmph! You always destroy my attempts to capture Erina!"

Spending the rest of the train ride having fun with each other while bonding, the train ride passed in a blink of an eye without a hitch.

Sorry for the abrupt ending, it's just my hands are dying...
I have blisters all over my hands...
I'm also sore all over my body....
Thanks for reading though!
-----
I have an extra bonus chapter ish type thing planned though~
-----
Pretty sure I figured out the SH timer though!

Edit: Turns out I didn't... wtf is it...

20