36: Training Camp!
638 3 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pulling into the station, the train came to a stop, descending onto its platform. Meanwhile, Erina's eyes were glued to the sight outside of the window. The training camp was expansive, gleaming buildings, pathways interconnecting them like a spiderweb.

Snapped out of her admiration by Yuiko, Erina followed Yuiko as they began disembarking the train.

"So what now, Yuiko?" Erina asked, pulling her luggage off of the nearby shelf, "We're going to the orientation, but I don't remember how..."

Slinging her bag over her shoulder, Yuiko answered, "Well because they never made an announcement, I asked one of the people who work on the train and they said that a path will be outlined for us to follow to get to the orientation hall."

Opening the door, Erina replied, "Cool, so we just disembark and follow the signs~"

-------

Finally leaving the train, Krystina stretched while laughing, "YES! I'm finally off the train! It was getting so stuffy in there!"

Beginning to walk down the marked pathway, Hiroshi called out, "Krystina, hurry up or we're going to leave you behind!"

Catching up to the others, Krystina complained, "You guys wouldn't leave me behind right? I'm your precious friend after all!"

"Yeah I wouldn't... though I might if you're being annoying," Erina answered, holding hands with Yuiko while pulling her luggage, "But there are a lot fewer people than I thought there would be..."

Nodding, Yuiko added, "Especially because these trains are used by the older students as well..."

Arriving at the orientation hall, Erina looked for her seat, "Yuiko, we're sitting in groups right? So where does our group sit?"

Looking around, Yuiko replied, "Hm... Oh! I think over there! On the far side, do you see it? It's kinda near the stage but not really?"

Looking to where Yuiko was pointing, Erina saw a table with their names on it. Waving over the others, Erina walked over to it, taking a seat at the table while waiting for the orientation to begin.

Chatting about some random topics with Yuiko while waiting, Erina quieted down as the lights were dimmed.

*Click*

With the room dimmed and the occupants quiet, a spotlight illuminated the podium on top of the stage.

*Clap-Clap*

Any remaining chatter ceased when a muscular old man stepped up to the podium, clearing his throat before beginning his speech, "Thank you all for arriving... I am Edgar Finot, the president of this academy. I welcome each and every one of you to this training program. Additionally, I would like to thank all the countries that our students come from, for if they didn't unionize the spoken and written language during the World War, this camp would not have been possible. Other than that, I don't have too much else to say, so I'll hand it off to my vice president so she can give you guys and gals some more information."

Walking back to his seat, Edgar gave an encouraging nod to the next speaker before leaning back into his seat and closing his eyes.

Adjusting the microphone, the brown-haired woman took a deep breath before speaking, "Welcome students, I am Louise Smith, the vice president of this academy. I will be giving you some more details right now about your classes and schedule, so listen closely."

Swiping her hand across the small holographic prompter, Louise continued, "You will be attending classes 6 days a week, Monday through Saturday. Furthermore, don't worry, Saturday will only have three classes, allowing for each student to get more rest. However, I would suggest that students use their free time wisely, whether to improve themselves or something else."

"Each student will be attending 6 different classes, Math, Language Arts, History, Magical Science, Martial Arts, Element Studies, along with Combat Training." Louise listed, taking a sip of water before detailing each class, "The Math, Language Arts, and History classes will be following the same material that you would be learning inside of school. Magical Science will cover all the science materials that will be covered in school, as well as Magic Theory. On the other hand, Martial Arts, Element Studies, and Combat Training will be unique classes, only available at this academy."

Turning on a presentation that illuminated the wall behind her, Louise explained, "In the Martial Arts classes, students will be learning how to defend themselves better in close quarters. If a student's specialization is close quarters, they will also be learning how to use the said weapon in close quarters. Furthermore, in the class, each student will be participating in exercises to help build strength within their bodies."

Pressing a button to switch the presentation to its next slide, Louise continued, "In the Element Studies classes, students will be learning spells, as well as basics on how to manipulate their complex element. Students will be learning spells from all elements, but mostly from their complex element."

Switching to the slide about Combat Training, Louise took a sip of water before elaborating, "In the Combat Training class, students will be utilizing the knowledge that they have learned from their Martial Arts classes and Element Studies classes to create their own combat style centered around their specialization. They will learn how to blend their magic with their physical arts they have learned to create a unique combat style. Furthermore, each of these classes will be extremely small, with one teacher teaching each group, to make sure that each student gets the personalized help that they need."

Transitioning to the next slide about the schedule, Louise explained, "The schedule for each person will be similar, furthermore, each person will be attending their classes with their group members. Monday through Friday, each group will be attending all 7 classes once throughout the day, 1 hour per class. On Saturday, each group will only be attending 3 classes, Martial Arts, Element Studies, and Combat training. Throughout the day, each group will be attending the classes which will be 1 and 1/2 hours long instead of 1 hour to allow for more progress to be made."

Clearing her throat and drinking some water, Louise ended with, "Now that you have the basic information, I will be handing it over to the security head next, Jabari Solarin. Oh yeah, a copy of your schedules will be in your dorms, however, you can also access your schedules on the online terminal provided, which you will also find in your dorms."

Thanks for reading~
Sorry... sorry for the late chapter... I got really into hunter x hunter... (ノ´д`)
I'm on episode 73...
Well~ Please comment, I would love to see what you think!
-------
P.S. We'll soon be meeting some big shots~
Will there be a hisoka type character you ask?
Perhaps~ I'm still considering~

20