Chapter 35 Enraged
245 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before he had even realized it, Shango had already leaped from his hiding spot and plunged his fist in the Ice Serpent eye.

What the hell did I just do? he thought to himself as he tightened his grip so he wasn’t tossed by the Ice Serpent that was desperately trying to shake him away from its face.

Was he scared? Yes, hell yes. He was terrified, but it was something that he had grown accustomed to. The number of times he has been scared senseless since coming to this world was laughable at this point. But they say people have two basic instincts when it comes to when dealing with fear—flight or fight—and for the most part, Shango would always choose the latter, even in a hopeless situation.

While Shango was thinking, the Ice serpent was losing its damn mind. “ROAR!” Its rage had reached a point of no return. Not once but twice was it humiliated by something that should have been its prey. When did it become a lowly earthworm that anyone could just bully? When did the mouse hunt the cat? At those thoughts, its rage continued to grow.

Not even caring about his wounds, the Ice Serpent rampaged, slamming its head against the ground repeatedly. Raising its body by the tip of its tail before slamming its body down, it rolled crazily across the ice domain, trying to shake off the little pest that leached onto its face.

Why I’m not dead yet? Shango thought to himself. After jumping onto the Serpent’s face, he knew he was going up shit creek without a paddle.

The first time the Ice Serpent was about to smash him against the ground, he had already said goodbye to Yuki. Moments later, he felt the impact of him hitting the ground and the weight of the Ice Serpent pressing down on his body as it rolled around on the ground. The deafening sound of everything breaking around him filled his ears.

After the third or fourth time of it happening, he realized he was like a velvet ant. No matter how hard the Ice Serpent tried to crush him, he just would not die. He felt every bit of the pain, every fucking bit, but he just would not die. After a while, he just held on for dear life, thinking about what to do next.

What Shango did not notice was that every time he hit the ground, a faint light glowed around him and protecting him and with each hit, the light was getting brighter.

After repeatedly being hit on the ground, Shango was just about as furious as the serpent. Many thoughts ran through his head as he tried to come up with an idea about how to deal with the serpent. Having no other options, he chose to just continue to ride the bull longer and plunged his fist deeper into the Ice Serpent, sending it into a deeper rage.

Off to the side, the snowwoman was looking at the situation with bewilderment. Just as she had accepted her fate, a strange creature had latched itself to the face on the Ice Serpent, plunging its tiny fist into its eye, causing it to fly into a blind rage.

As the Ice Serpent was thrashing about, hope returned to her. The revenge she wanted was still within her reach. She had no idea where this strange creature had come from, but she was grateful for its appearance. Pulling herself up and ignoring all of her wounds, she began to gather as much mana as she can.

While Shango was contemplating what to do, he caught sight of a blueish light surrounding him and the Ice Serpents. Moments later, ice crystals sprung from the ground, spearing the Ice Serpent thoroughly.

Turning his attention towards the source of the ice spears, he saw the sight of the snowwoman looking briefly at him before dropping to the ground. With the brief eye connect, he felt like the snowwoman was saying that she was leaving the rest to him.

“ROAR!” At this point, the Ice Serpent would rather die than let these two further shame it. If it was any other time, the Ice Serpent would have avoided it easily, but being blinded by rage, it let its guard down, worsening its situation.

Riddle with ice spikes and a strange creature hanging onto its face, both of them had to die. Pushing through the pain, it broke free from the ice spear and set its eyes on the snowwoman that was passed out on the ground.

Rushing towards her, it wanted to end her quickly. She had to die first. This prey had set off a chain reaction of humiliation for the serpent and he mustn’t be allowed to live another minute.

Sensing what the Ice serpent wanted to do, Shango tried his best to change its path. Using his free hand to repeatedly pound the serpent, he tried his best to stop it. Realizing that it was not having any effect, he was at a loss as to what to do. Recognizing the position he was in was not ideal, he removed his fist from the Ice Serpent’s eye, and with all his might, he swung his body onto the top of the serpent’s head.

Using his legs to hold on to the Serpent, he began to pound the serpent’s head in a berserk manner.

“Fall, you icy son of a bitch!” he yelled as he pounded the serpent.

As the serpent got closer to the Snowwoman, the urgency that Shango felt increased, causing him to pick up the speed of his assault.

“Fall, fall, fall, fall!” he said as he repeatedly hit the serpent. After a few more hits, Shango noticed that a faint glow was emanating from his gauntlets. He also realized that his strikes became stronger with each strike.

Just as the serpent was a few feet away from the snowwoman, Shango brought both his hands together, hanging them above his head. As soon as he did that, Shango felt a burning sensation in his hands. He did not understand what was happening, but he could tell it was a good thing.

“Bitch, when I say fall, you fall.” He brought his fists down, striking the serpent in the head. As soon as his fist made contact with the serpent, an explosion happened, tossing him forward and stopping the Ice serpent dead in its tracks.

“Now that what the fucking I’m talking about!” he said as he looked at the now headless ice serpent.

7