Chapter 36 Rewards
290 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pulling himself up, Shango did not immediately go check on the snowwoman, but slowly made his way over towards the corpse of the ice serpent.

“It’s dead, right? I hope that this is not one of those this is my final form type bullshit moments.” he said as he kicked the corpse of the ice serpent. Even though he was hoping it was the end, years of reading manga and novels had taught him to be extra cautious. Even with its head missing, it could still be a threat.

As he was thinking, a majestic woman’s voice rang out across the ice domain.

Ice Level Cleared.

“DA Fuck!” he said as he jumped up and looked around aggressively. It was only after a few seconds went by that he realized it was some type of announcement system.

Calculating Score.

Defeat Field Boss – Pass.

Save Snowwoman – Pass.

Avenge Snowmen – Pass.

Score Calculated.

Congratulations, stage cleared.

Distributing Rewards:

Strength Increase

Agility Increase

Mana Increase

Charm Increase

Health Increase

Cold Resistance Increase

Poison Resistance increase

Pain Resistance increase

Ice Companion Acquired

Secret Mission:

Enrage Stage Boss.

Secret Mission Cleared.

Bonus Reward:

Poison Ice Fang Dagger.

Ice serpent tears.

After the announcements finished, a bright white light engulfed Shango. It healed all of his wounds. He also felt that his overall strength had increased by two or three levels. The whole experience just felt amazing, like the best nut ever. It was exhilarating. When the process was finished, he just stood there and enjoyed the aftereffect for a while.

Looking over at the corpse of the ice serpent, he could see that it was slowly disappearing within a yellowish light. Moments later, a large gold chest appeared. Walking over and opening it, he found the items that the voice spoke of. He took out the jar that was filled with a sparkling blue liquid first.

“This must be the tear of the ice serpent item. I wonder what I could use this for?” He removed the top of the jar and gave it a quick sniff, a strong pungent smell filling his nose. He wanted to taste it, but he was curious, not stupid. Not knowing what to do with it, he just put the lid back on it and moved it to the side.

Reaching back in the chest, he pulled out a pure white dagger with a tint of blue along the blade. As soon as he took a firm grip of the dagger, something weird happened. He could feel a force being pulled from the dagger and get absorbed into his gauntlets. After a while, the dagger seemed to lose it luster.

“What the hell just happened?” he asked while looking at his gauntlets.

“Hhmn, do I look like the type of woman who would let her husband have a mistress? I’m the only weapon you will ever need.” a woman’s voice that seemed somewhat sleepy echoed in his head.

“Damn it you, don’t just do things on your own accord. When the hell are you going to wake up?” After waiting for a while with no response, he knew the old woman had gone back to sleep.

“Son of a bitch!” Realizing that there was nothing he could do, he got back to the task at hand.

Thinking back to the voice, besides the stats boost and the two items, there was something else.

“Damn, what was it?”

“Roar.”

“Whoa. Oh shit, don’t scare me like that!” Without him realizing, the snowwoman had woken up and snuck up behind him.

Looking at her, he could see that all her injuries had healed too. Inspecting her, something seemed different about her. Her horn seemed bigger, and her once white fur had a hint of blue to it. Putting two and two together, he guessed she must have received a level up for her part in killing the ice serpent. While he was thinking about her, the Snowwoman was observing him too.

Just what sort of creature is this? she thought as her big blue eyes roamed over his entire body. She had lived her entire life inside of this ice domain and it was her first time seeing such a creature. Unable to withhold her curiosity any longer, she walked up and began touching him all over.

“Wow, hold up. Stop, stop I say.” Not expecting the sudden interaction, Shango was left in shock. He could sense that she was just trying to satisfy her curiosity, but it was still very awkward. At least she had enough sense to not touch below the belt. After thinking for a second, he decided it was best just to let her get it out of her system.

After a good ten minutes of being poked by the snowwoman, he had had enough.

“Hey, are you done yet?” he said in a fed-up tone, looking at the snowwoman who just ran her finger through his hair for the fifteen time.

Realizing that she may have gone overboard, she released his hair and took a step back, letting out a little growl. Shango could not help but let out a little smile, it was just too cute.

“Now what the hell do I do with you?” he said as he looked at the Snowwoman. Even though he was happy he had someone to help conquer the rest of the areas with, he was still not sure if she could leave this place or not. In the first place, was she a real thing? What if I got to attach to her, but had to leave her here, would she still remember me if he returned or would she get rest like the other? Also, isn’t she a demon? Even if he brings her out, what the hell will those nut cases back in the real world do? He did not want her as a trophy on someone’s wall or in some weird lab as a test rat.

Spending about 3 minutes about thinking about the problem, he was getting a headache.

“You know what? Let’s cross that road when we get there. Now, onto more pressing matters, what should I call you?”

7