Chapter 37 Desert Area
288 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Looking at the snowwoman, Shango didn’t know what to call her. Just calling her snowwoman would be disrespectful but coming up with names was never his strong suit. Many of his pet’s names were, simple things such as Blackie for his black cat, Whitey for his white dog, and Spotty for a spotted lizard he had found. Hell, even his World of Warcraft name was Cowtankwarrior.

“Now let’s see, what would be a good name?” Bringing his hand toward his chin, he circled the snowwoman.

After 5 minutes, he came to a complete stop in front of her. “How about Snowy? You’re a snowwoman, your whitish? You live in a snowy area. Sounds good—”

Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack!

Before he could even finish his sentence, snowballs came flying his way. It seemed she did not like the name Snowy at all. Even though they could not talk to each other normally, they could understand each very well.

“Fine, okay. I will think of something else.” he said as he removed the snow from his clothing.

After a while of dealing with the snowwoman, he realized that she had a bit of a temper. She reminded him of another snowwoman back home.

“I wonder how Yuki is doing? Knowing her, she probably threw a fit.” he said with a half-smiling face. Just as he was about to go down the path of depression thinking about how he will never see her again, another snowball hit him.

Whack!

“What in the hell did you do that for?” he asked while wiping the snow from his face, staring angrily at the snowwoman.

To his surprise, the snowwoman was already looking the other way, like she wasn’t the one who threw the snowball. If she put her hands behind her back and began to whistle, she would be like one of those cute anime tsundere. Maybe she could sense Shango’s mood or she just wanted to cheer him up. It didn’t matter what it was, her actions reminded him so much of Yuki; that woman just could not let him be sad.

“Haha, you know what? I have the perfect name for you!” After saying that, he felt a cold shiver going down his spine, and the hair on his hand stood up. It was similar to the sensation he felt many times after he had offended Yuki. It was like she was looking over his shoulder with a butcher’s knife. Even if they were worlds apart, his childhood friend still knew how to scare the heck out of him.

Shaking off that feeling, he said, “You know, to hell with it! She will never find out anyway but naming you Yuki would be a bit much.” Pacing back and forth, he thought about what little twist he could add to it.

“Got it!” he said as he snapped his fingers.

“Since I can’t name you Yuki, how about Yukini? How about it? I will name you after the most beautiful woman I know.” he said with a smile. If Yukini ever found out her name meant snow too, six feet would not be deep enough to bury him.

“Roar!” Throwing her hands up, Shango could tell she was happy about her name.

“Now that you have a name, let me introduce myself. I’m Shango and I look forward to our journey together.” he said with a big smile on his face.

“Now that we got all the introductions out of the way, which area do you want to head to next?” Even though he had just cleared this area, he wanted to finish this place quickly to get back to the real world, and with the help of the Yukini, he believed that things had gotten much easier.

Hearing Shango’s question, Yukini got very excited. She had spent her entire life inside the ice dome; it was her dream to see the world. Gripping Shango, she pulled him behind her. She had spent many nights thinking of the first place she would go if she ever left this place.

It took them nearly 6 hours see the border of the ice area. Surprisingly enough, they weren’t tried. As they got closer to the border, Shango could already guess where she wanted to go. He could already see the endless amount of dirt and rocks. He did not understand why she wanted to go there, but he could tell she was very excited. Just as they reached the edge of the border, she came to a complete stop.

Looking at Yukini, he could tell that she was very nervous. Shango thought it was very cute that she looked troubled. Taking her hand, he led her out of the ice area. As soon as they crossed over, her eyes began to sparkle.

This area differed vastly from the ice area. Even though it was a desert-like area, it was not as hot as he expected. While Shango was looking around, the snowwoman was having a field day while picking up a hand full of sand and watching as it slowly slips through her fingers. She threw it up in the air and watched it fall to the ground.

“Hey, watch it. Do you know how hard it is to get sand out of my hair?” he said as he knocked the sand out of his hair. Paying him no attention, Yukini just kept playing in the sand.

Shaking his head, Shango decided it was best to just let her be for a while.

“Now then, where is the fucker that we need to kill?” He did not remember much about this area. The only thing that stood out to him was the sound of knocking rocks, so he had no idea what to expect from this place. Rolla told him that the ice area was the best area for him to start in and was the easiest. So, the remaining areas should be much harder, which worried the hell out of him. He barely beat the Ice serpent and this creature was supposed to be much stronger. The only upside was that he was no longer alone. With that though, he turned to his new Ice friend Yukini but he couldn’t see her anywhere.

“Where the fuck did you go?”

7