Chapter Twenty – Lady Veirya
1.5k 3 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After receiving the news, both Ave and Rolla became quite excited and quickly made their way to the assessment room where Shango and the Elder were waiting.

“Now that the hero has completed his test, should we start the plan we laid out right away, Ave?” Rolla asked as she looked at Ave, who was having trouble maintaining their current pace.

Beads of sweat could be seen forming on Ave’s temple and her breathing was slightly erratic.
Taking a deep breath and trying to regain her breath, Ave thought for a moment and then shook her head, a bitter smile appearing on her face.

“The hero has just discovered a new world, and I want to give him some time to adjust to it. Moments like this will be rare for him going forward. Let’s let him enjoy it for a while.”

Realizing what Ave was saying, she also agreed with her and continued towards the hero while slowing down her pace to not overtax Ave.

As the two neared the room, they heard the agitated, somewhat frightened voice of Shango.

“GET YOUR GOT DAMN HANDS OFF ME!!!” 

Both of their movements came to a halt and they just looked at each other. 

“STOP DAMN IT, STOP!”

Hearing Shango’s voice a second time, Rolla took off running, leaving Ave far behind.

Ave was anxious about Shango. His voice caused an uneasy feeling to erupt within her. She knew it was only a matter of time before someone tried to cause problems for Shango but she thought they would have at least waited another week before they started to plot against him.

“Damn it, I hope none of those idiots tried something,” she said through gritted teeth. Thinking about the worst outcome, Ave pushed her body to the limits to reach her location faster.

Tired and out of breath, Ave finally reached the outer doors of the assessment room. She first caught sight of Rolla, who was standing in one spot staring at one place like a deer caught in the headlights. As she got closer, she saw the sight of Shango trapped in a corner with the elder forcefully trying to remove his clothing.

“Elder, just what are you doing!?”

When the elder was distracted, Shango took the chance to run and escape behind the two women, wrapping his arms around both of their waists, afraid to let go. This action surprised the two. They took at glace at Shango, who was glaring fiercely at the Elder. 

Shango wanted to say something, but the words just would not come out. What in the world could have happened for the situation to turn out like this, Ave thought to herself.

A few minutes just before Ave and Rolla’s arrival, the Elder and Shango had just exited the room. Everything was going fine. He was excited about trying out his new abilities and had even grown fond of this erratic elder, who was answering most of the questions he was asking.

It went on like this for a while before a rolled-up scroll flew from out of the elder’s sleeve. After it had unrolled, words that Shango could not read appeared on the scroll before disappearing. The elder had smiled and placed his finger on the paper and wrote something. A moment later, more words came back. A seconds later, the scroll rolled itself back up and went back in the elder’s sleeve.

Shango was just about to ask what all of that was about because he was very curious about the scroll that was tucked in the elder sleeve, but before he could, the elder spoke.

“Remove your clothing.”

“What?” Shango was quite befuddled, but before he could give a proper response, the elder was already in front of him and had already removed his shirt.

For the first time since coming to this world—no, the first time in his life, he had felt a fear that he had never known before.

“Elder, do you care to explain what you are doing?” From the look on her face and the tone of her voice, anyone with common sense could tell she was upset.

“There no need to explain anything, let’s just beat up this lunatic already.” Rolla already held a prejudice against the elder. She was looking for any reason to beat the crap out of him.

Ignoring Rolla’s outburst, Ave shook herself from Shango’s embrace and took a step forward. “Elder, explain.” The tone of her voice was calm, but her eyes were telling a different story.

Realizing he had become a bit overzealous and lost control of himself, he tried to explain his actions. “Well, you see, I just received a message from Lady Veirya. She founded out that we summoned a new hero, and she promised me if I give her an in-depth report of the hero, she would gift me a lost research record she discovered while exploring.” 

Hearing Lady Veirya’s name, everything started to make sense. The only person who could rival the unusual nature of this elder was Lady Veirya. She was pretty normal most of the time but that was until the topic of heroes was brought up. Lady Veirya was a hero fanatic. She knew almost everything about the past heroes, even private things that had never been told to the public. 

“You don’t have to explain anymore.” Ave knew Lady Veirya well and was one of the people she planned on introducing Shango to. She wanted her to become one of Shango’s financial backers.

Ave rubbed her temple and sighed a bit. Stepping forward, she then whispered in his ear. “I will give you an in-depth report later to give to her, just tell her I would like to meet with her soon.”

The elder became extremely excited and quickly agreed, and like that, the elder just left. No goodbye or apologies, he just left.

With the elder gone, Ave turned towards Shango.

“I believe we’ve all had enough excitement for the day. Why don’t we just call it a day and continue tomorrow?”

Shango said nothing and just nodded in agreement.

Hello everyone, thanks for reading another chapter on my story. Hoping to get into some action with the next three chapters

P.S If you made it this far, show me some love by dropping a review or leaving a rating. I would greatly appreciate it.

22