Prolouge
298 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Author's note: I want to create a deeper world as compared to most isekai. I love the types of stories with attention to detail, expansive world-building, subtle foreshadowing, and proper character development. I believe this could be an interesting story if you bear with my writing skills. I hope you enjoy it.

                                                                                                   **********************

It was 3 p.m., a 20-year-old man was sitting on the bed and using his laptop. The room is pretty basic, a bed, a desk, couple chairs, a cupboard, an attached bathroom, and a small connected balcony.

The man had unmaintained dark hair, and with his darkish complexion, he had an average-looking face that looked wild due to the stubble on his face. He wore a simple black t-shirt and shorts and was about 5'11(about 180cm) in height.

                                             ***

I'm so bored of watching youtube..... why isn't there better content here. I can't even find any good isekai novels that I haven't already read....

I'm so bored, dammit....

My vacations were going on between the 2nd and 3rd years of college, and I had been watching YouTube videos for hours.

Even vacations can get so dull plus with my family continually bickering about random stuff I almost wish college started back right now. I had an online meeting for a small summer internship scheduled for five, and I really really did not want to attend. I was almost hoping the World would end before that and not because I wasn't ready for it, it's simply too much of a pain in the ass.

Yes, I've always been this type of person.

Yes, I'm generally a little depressed and uncaring.

No, I don't have big ambitions in life.

I just want to live in peace and be able to not do anything I don't want to do.

Yes, I know this is the real world, and that will never happen.

Dammit, why do I have to attend shitty meetings....ugh...

even though I know how important this kind of stuff is in the real world. Still, I hate doing presentations and group discussions and usually go along with what other people are doing as long as it's not too much of a pain. I laid down on the bed and was just staring at the ceiling.

Maybe something supernatural would happen, and I could skip it....hehe...

Mind you I'm not a chunni neither am I a believer of the supernatural, I am a stern believer in science and a relatively open-minded person such that should I see magic for real I wouldn't have too much trouble believing and I really did hope there was more to this world than meets the eye of science.

My phone alarm rang, and I begrudgingly got up and got ready even if it was an online meeting, of course, I did not change into pants and just wore a good shirt. I reckon I looked comical with fit shirt, tie, combed hair, and shaved face while on the bottom I had shorts and was barefooted.

It was about time for my meeting, the dreaded time had come, and I attended it like I was supposed to.

Ugh... when will this meeting end?

Can't we do this by texting instead?? What's wrong with texting dammit...

As these thoughts were going on in my head, the meeting continued. I spoke when I was supposed to, and after what felt like an eternity, it was finally over. Let us not dwell on the fact that it was only an hour-long, and I was just that bored from it.

Thank god nothing dramatic happened.

Glad that it was finally over, I went outside to my small balcony without even bothering to change back into a t-shirt and sat on a chair. The weather was delightful and cloudy.

'This is so nice,' I think my goal in life should be to become someone who could just sit and stare at the sky, Feel the wind on my face and maybe read a book sometimes.

A little content, a little in peace, a bit sheepish, I was just sitting and watching the leaves of the potted basil in my balcony sway wildly in the wind as the cold breeze blew on my neck and sent a shiver down my spine, I felt something which can never be put into words. A state of tranquility perhaps, something that man has yearned forever, yet we are only able to achieve it momentarily, and just as I was pondering over it, I saw something in the sky.....

Something that irreversibly changed my life forever from this very moment. Lightening struck me, mightier than any I had ever seen, the World seemed to tremble as if grasping for its last breath, I lost consciousness , everything faded. The World had ended, at least this one, at least for me.

                                              ****

A lone soldier stood on the 5 meter thick grey walls that stretched for miles, he was keeping watch as was his duty at the night shift . There was determinism in his eyes and naivety on his face; he looked young, about the age of 17, maybe.

He was a typical caucasian teen with short blonde hair, tall and broad build, dark blue eyes, an immature beard that added to his naïve look. The only thing of distinction was his leather armour, which didn't seem that good yet had been polished quite a bit and looked like a restored version of a used armour. He had a quiver on his back and held a bow with his hand while there was a small ornate looking dagger in his belt which did not fit this poor looking boy otherwise.

He seemed to be happy to be there 50 meters above the ground all alone, but was he truly there by his will?

Or did he have circumstances which we'll never know?

Did he have to take the job of a standard sentry at the city boundary because he couldn't do anything else or did he just take pride in putting on that leather armour with the crest of a black eagle soaring high in the sky and marching around with his unfashionable bow at hand?

Alas, he isn't in this story long enough for us to find out, he's standing there and waiting for his shift to end to eat those cheese sandwiches he's been thinking about since last night while his end approaches....

Beyond the 50 meters high wall, there are green plains for a while, and then some distant forests that are barely visible.

Soon enough, he sees a fire rising in the forest far away. It's a small fire and a lot of smoke, and he doesn't seem to take much notice maybe it's just some weary traveler making camp. Moments later, he hears a sound behind him as he's marching, so he turns back and looks.

Nothing makes sense any longer

"It can't be real."

maybe I passed out at the tavern after drinking.....

shit! I need to wake up or I'll be late for my duties....

he says, but he wasn't dreaming, and he realizes that a moment too late as a raging fireball destroys another big chunk of wall and scorches his legs as he screams in pain, he sees a person flying towards him.

NO, this thing cannot be a person. It was ay larger than a human about 8 feet high with red skin, razor-sharp claws, and muscles which can only be called magical, yet it's blue eyes had the elegance of a noble being as it effortlessly glided through the sky.

It wore strange-looking cream-colored garments that fitted loosely and fluttered against the wind and a pointed helm decorated with gold patterns and a big Scarlet gem.

What can only be described as a monster in a man's clothing is coming towards him so he stops thinking and does what he was trained to do on muscle memory alone.

He takes out his bow, loads an arrow, and shoots, but just as the arrow is about to hit the red thing, it grabs the arrow and breaks it.

In fact, the red thing let's call him the red for now, didn't even need to do that, the arrow made of pure wood and metal tip could not even pierce the metal skin and muscles even if hit dead on.

"you aren't worthy of putting a scratch on this armour", red said softly.

The soldier could only do one thing now, he took the bow and aimed it towards a giant bell located on the ground 200 meters towards the city side of the wall and shot his arrow.

He had done his job now, no matter why he was standing there before, he did have some pride as he shot his last ever arrow and stood firm against the invader of the town he grew up in.

He felt a storm of emotions which are to describe into words...

Anger at the invader...

Surprise because his arrow got caught mid-flight...

Pride because he did is best in his limited capacity...

Sadness because he knew it was his end....

Regret at having to die at this young age.... Without ever even having a proper girlfriend.

red approached the soldier in a leisurely stroll, the soldier abandoned the bow and took out his dagger and focused on the beast, ready to stab it the moment it arrives within range.

But the beast was much faster than he expected and before the soldier could feel anything his head had fallen down the very walls he was protecting. He was dead... but he did his duty and if he sees his family in heaven someday he will stand proud. 

6