chapter 1
201 2 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Yatish's POV)

" Save us! Oh, great hero."

Did someone just say something? I swear I just heard the word hero just now.....

Where am I? I open my eyes and try to get up and fail even to move properly. I feel nauseous and disoriented. I think I'll keep lying down for a bit longer. I don't think I'm hurt anywhere....

What the fuck happened to me. The last thing I remember was sitting on the balcony.....

Where am I? It's a dimly lit room with a ceiling that looks like it's made of stone bricks. I turn my head around to get a look at my surroundings and immediately close my eyes.

It can't be happening, and it doesn't make sense. It's probably a dream....

No way did I see dead zombified looking people fallen around me.

I will open my eyes, and they will not exist, right? Please tell me it's a dream......

I slowly open my eyes, and shit, the bodies are still there, Fuck!! I feel more nauseous and barely stop myself from puking all over.

Is it a reality TV show? Or am I dreaming? But they look too real and scary. At least there doesn't seem to be blood around me, I'm enough desensitised towards zombies from all the movies, but I really wouldn't be able to handle gore.

By now, I feel some strength return to me, and I get up and properly look around. I seem to be in some kind of big stone basement, dimly lit with candles here and there, there is a person in a hooded robe gasping for breath a couple of meters from me while a burly looking guy. He seems to be in his early thirties with dirt blown brown hair, green eyes, and shaved face, which looks quite handsome even to a guy like me.

He seems to be cosplaying or something as a medieval knight with ornate strong-looking armor and a sword in its sheath around his waist.

I look down, and suddenly it all makes sense to me...

There was a mo*her Fu*king magic circle drawn around me. This situation is starting to seem familiar now, a magic circle, a magician looking dude, what looks like sacrifices to perform the magic...

Shit, did I get transported to another world? Now I start to remember what had happened earlier, I was sitting in the balcony and saw a magic circle looking thing in the sky which seemed to be made of lightening and the from its center a thunderbolt shot at me.

As I'm thinking these thoughts, the corner I was looking at gets destroyed in a fiery blast, and some of the small chunks even hit me and bruise me. I was sure of this. I watched one of the body's head getting smashed and puked my guts out and felt horrible.

I'm covering my face to not puke anymore and look towards the supposed magician.

"what in the name of the fucking god is happening here?? Oi! you 2 bit cosplayer! Did you summon me here? a useless college student?"

I shouted towards the magician, and now that the dust from the blast had subsided, I saw that there was a sharp chunk of the ceiling stabbing the mage, he was still magically alive and even conscious.

Without thinking, I rushed towards him to get some explanation and help him if I could. Meanwhile, the magician was chanting something while being held by the guard, who seemed uninjured except that somehow his hair was even dirtier and his armor had some dents in it.

As I got closer, I realized that I was previously mistaken. This mage was a woman and a stunning one as well.

Brown hair, sharp face and what I can bet an incredible figure underneath that robe, spare the chunk of rock and blood.

I again suppress the urge to puke. This time successful.

The mage said something and waved her wand, and light emerged around me, she must have cast some sort of translation spell on me because I could now understand what they were saying.

"The holy God has granted our wish..... huff.... come closer," she said.

It's clear she can barely speak and is probably about to die, yet the brilliance of her beautiful green eyes ceases to fade....

"I have used a spell to help you on your noble journey; it'll help you understand the world..... you are weak right now.... But.... You can be stronger than anyone else. The holy gods have made you for us, and I beg you to save the human world. Take this "

She takes a book out from nowhere and hands it to the big guy.

"you'll understand everything soon.... That is what has been foretold. Now Go! Escape the invasion...... Bruno of the house of Alteamann von Auberg from now to the defeat of the demons who are destroying our kingdom. you have to protect and help the hero."

she says with most of her final strength and then whispers

"Bruno.... Always remember that I love you more than myself.... Please try to find peace and be happy" she had said her final words as her body limps, yet her eyes are still sparkling with the tears.

It was a heartbreaking scene from an award-winning movie, I was brought to tears even though usually I don't show much of it to real-life situations, but I guess all the surprise mixed the heart-wrenching tone of the woman was too much for me.

I was so surprised that all the energy from before left me as if it had been someone else, and I hadn't moved an inch and neither spoken anything, just stared at the whole scene with disbelief.

In my dazed state, I did not even register as the burly guy named Bruno laid her down, bent his knee, and started to murmur something while clapping his hands as if praying for the woman's happy afterlife while tears formed in his eyes and he held them back.

In less than a minute, he stopped, and just as he was getting up, he said some weird words like a chant and the woman's body started to burn in a dazzling flame as the evening sun was visible from the broken basement ceiling.

The warrior wiped his tears and bode farewell to someone I would later learn was his newlywed wife and the love of his life. The Ashes blew in the wind almost instantly.

The warrior came up to me and said in a voice that was deep and angry "I am Bruno Alteamann von Auberg just call me Bruno. We have to leave now".

I immediately stepped back and said, " look man I don't understand anything, what is happening here? Can I go back to my home? Wouldn't there usually be some kind of basic explanation? And why did that woman say I was made for you guys?".

He looked impatient yet said with a calm voice "I know you will have a lot of questions, but I can only answer them after going out of the city, The demon army---"

"How can I know you aren't evil guys who'll stab me from the back."

I don't want to listen to this guy no matter how heartbreaking the death of the mage seemed, even If he appeared many times stronger than me I'm sure I have some cheat or something. Either way, someone who would sacrifice people can't be perfect, and I would rather not be stabbed in my back.

Almost as if he read my mind, he says, " those sacrifices were voluntary and necessary, you don't have to believe me, but I believe in the trust my wife had so here take it.... I won't need it till we're out of the city anyway."

He takes out his sword and hands it out to me. I hesitate but decide to take it anyway.

DAMN, how heavy is this thing?!?! I can barely lift it. It won't be much use this way, dammit I have no choice but to trust this guy for now.

" here... take it back.. but I won't trust you completely. I need more answers.

"fine," he says, " as I was saying the demon army has attacked and once this city falls our kingdom will not be able to defend itself and soon succumb to their attacks, they must have scouted and known that this is our strongest siege city against anything east of here and launched a surprise attack with everything they had"

"if we don't get out before they take over the city, I fear that they may send trackers to hunt us down, now with all the chaos is the only moment. Follow me; there is a secret emergency path out of the castle," he finished explaining.

It does seem to be the truth but still can't trust him completely. I need to ask other people. "fine I'll go with you, but I'll follow you from a little behind."

" suit yourself," he smirks.

Damn him making fun of me.

I just went along with him now, he walked towards a corner in the basement and pressed on two regular looking marble tiles on the ground together, and suddenly part of the wall popped open revealing a path behind a false wall, he went in and quietly followed him still worried as fuck, yet my energy returning after seeing the secret door.

I hope I get some Overpowered ability soon, or it will be terrible for me in a world with such powerful people and what seems to be a medieval world. 

5