Prologue – I am Marco Phoenix
380 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It's been two years after former Yonko, Kaido was killed by the Pirate King and his fruit has finally resurfaced. After a long battle with about a thousand Pirates and Marines I finally grab the formidable fruit. 

"Guys I have it, now get back to the ship we are leaving. I'll be joining you guys after I shake these bastards of my tail." I look behind me but everything was black... "Did I die?" When... How... By whom... God Damn it! 

Wait I can still feel my body even if I don't feel the rest of the world with my Observation Haki I can still see my body and the Dragon fruit in my hand. If I was dead then why do I feel my body...

Did Blackbeard's captured me? But he still isn't capable of capturing me without me noticing... wait he was still battling the Pirate King for the title. I think it should be the tenth battle... Hope he dies this time if only the Pirate King wasn't such a nice guy and kill that bastard.

"Why hello there small child." I heard a woman's voice in the background. I tried my hardest to sense her direction but I still can't feel anything.

"Hello can you tell me where I am, I need to return to the battlefield and help my family." I said to the dissenbodied voice in the background focusing my Haki for any ripple.

"Welcome to my domain child my name is Phoenix and we have taken an interest in you. You see my new vessel will awaken her powers soon and we want you to protect her while she grows... you see every single time she get killed or she gets overwhelmed by her powers and kills herself..." She starts to rant like a little girl and she even calls me a child when I am nearly 50 years old...

"It needs to be her, we want her, she is just too perfect, and I have failed over 600 times to raise her to be a powerful vessel but our desires and emotions are too strong for her mortal body. So I want to fuse my Divine Spark with her to protect her mind while she grows and adapt to my powers." Wait what divine spark but my phoenix powers are not divine they were given to me by my devil fruit.

"Time out, the Phoenix is a god? But I have never heard you speak, why start now and I don't plan on giving my powers to some girl I don't even know." I told her and she just giggled at my rant...

"Silly Child, I just want you to babysit my future mortal vessel, we shall give her our Divine Spark, which will help with her growth but she will be vulnerable while we sleep. This shall be the last time we recreate the universe, because everytime she dies I loose all interest in the mortal realm and we want her, she is perfect." Is she crazzy destroyng the universe because her vessel got killed... wait what!?!

"I will give you my blessing and my flames, the Flames of Destruction should be of great aid to you specially with your Flames of Rebirth. Though you will need to awaken your own Divine Spark if you want to trully destroy planets or other gods." I feel my flames getting hotter and hotter it is starting to burn but my blue flames, which apparently are called the Flames of Rebirth, are rebuilding my body at a vissible rate. I stored the Dragon's Devil Fruit inside one of my waist pouches.

A bunch of gold fire keep getting inside my back and my shirt and my glasses are turned to ashes and my body bust in to flames, it was a bit painful but not that much, my blue flames of rebirth were keeping me alive while the red flames of destruction were destructing and tempering my body. I can feel my physical body getting stronger as well as... smaller? "What is happening to me?" I asked her and she laughs at me.

"We are returning your youth to about when you were a 15 year old child, your abilities will be kinda the same but your other forms will be quite a bit different. Our Vessel is right now a 10 year old child and when she reaches 20 years she should awaken as the new Phoenix. She should release my power gradually but when she reaches the strength required to awaken my Divine Spark she should be indestructible and your job will be completed. Then you will be given the option to return to your old world or stay by our side." What... I have to wait 10 years before I return...

"If you choose to return we can send you back in time so they don't even know you were gone. Also you will keep everything you learn from my universe to aid you." As if reading my mind she answered me...

"If you choose to stay, then you shall keep us company for all eternity, though you will probably need reach Godhood or atleast fully awaken your Divine Spark, with my flames you should be a quarter of the way there. Once you make our flames your own then your Spark shall awaken then it is just a matter of time." Wait becoming a God... 

"So I have 10 years to choose either return as a God to my world and remain as your eternal slave?" I ask her and she just laugh it off.

"We prefer the term, Mate. Your body is now absorbing my flames and you are already part Phoenix, how many millenias had we been alone as the lone Phoenix, though you will have to be the strongest of them all. I don't want a weakling as a Mate, Child, it is ok to be weaker than me which is inevitable, but I also like surprises." What the hell... My option is to either be her breeding horse or get the fuck back to my world... will she even let me go if I asked her in the future to send me back...

"Worry not Child, that even if I had the desire to keep you for ourself, we did promised to return you if you chose to do so. Though I might keep you for a bit before sending you back if you awakened your Spark, also know that if you don't, your chances to do so in your world might be null since there might be different laws over there." She is either reading my mind or she can read my expresions too well... I still cannot feel her presence but her flames keep fusing with my body. 

--------------------------------------------

After what felt like an eternity, her flames stop filling my body to the brim with power though right now I feel like I can only use about 1‰ of those flames... Maybe this is what she meant when she said to make those flames mine. My body is about the same strength, though it feels a lot denser than before.... Guess I have to take this seriously. Doubt she would have taken a no as an answer... Just have to train and protect a 10 year old brat from a world that is supposedly super dangerous for her kind. Wish she would have told me more but she hasn't said anything in a while.... I feel connected to a huge well of power now those might be her flames...

The blackness faded and I started falling from the sky, it was night time, the only guide I have was a single red and gold dot on the ground. It is surrounded by some floating metal structures that are covered in a gold aura with what look like... wheels? Are those some sort of vehicle? I focus my sight on on the red and gold dot and turn into my hybrid form to fly there, on my back a blue flamming coat appeared and my arms turned to wings, that is new. 

Upon getting closer I noticed that this island is huge... and the buildings are so high there are even some flying metal things in the distance. The dot turned out to be a small red haired brat that was crying over her friend who is bleeding on her arms, the red haired girl might be the Vessel I need to protect... was I too late, wait the brown haired girl is still breathing.

Getting closer I landed behind both of the girls, and covered then both with my flames and started healing them. I now the Vessel is fine since the Phoenix chose to sent me at this point in time. Both kids are now sleeping and the metal vehicles have been put on the ground, so I guess one of the kids, probably the Vessel have that power... This is gonna be harder than what it looks like... better take both girls to safety until they wake up.

I picked both girls up in my arms, and I started walking on this lonesome road, were are all the people, did they got scared over the floating metal vehicles... what were two brats doing running outside this late though...

I moved in front of a window and saw my new self I look really young still have my golden blonde hair that only grows on top of my head... I looked really good with my lean muscles and my cross tattoo on my chest, though now I don't have a shirt since it and my glasses turned to ashes when the Phoenix game her Flames. I still have my black pants aswell as my light blue sash that covers my abs and my small leather bag. I am also walking barefooted... atleast thanks to my Armament Haki I don't feel the ground and flying with the two brats is kinda hard since I need my arm to fly and holding them with my talons might be to risky...

I continue walking and then my Observation Haki picked a coupple of presences around me... I don't know their intentions so I keep an eye on them and continue walking. Another group started following us and two more arived... a total of 8 people... Wonder what they want, I said looking at the red head on my left shoulder. I also finish treating the other brat's wounds and they are both still sleeping.

I look forward and there appeared the first group, an bald old man which was in a metal wheel chair and a fancy gray suit. Behind him was another old man that has a black tight suit showing that he is ripped with muscles and his weird hairstyle that looks like black horns or ears and by his side there was a woman in her mid to late 30s, with dark skin and white hair, she also has a black tight suit with a black cape.

Then from another corner another old man with a purple helmet and a fancy black suit, he was tailed by a red head woman with blue skin that was wearing a white dress with a skull belt and knee high white boots. There was another muscle head behind them with long blonde hair and a black coat with a pair of black jeans, metal toed boots and a gray shirt under his coat.

And from behind arrived another man with black hair and and long side burns, he is wearing a black fancy suit and is tailed by a young blonde woman in a fancy white dress.

Oh boy, are they here for the Vessel or for me... I look like a youngster that kidnapped two girls... We all have different colored hair so telling that they are my sisters is risky... Now what do I do... I can't leave either the Vessel or her friend behind and I don't know how strong the are wonder if they are from the same group.

"What do guys want?" I asked the group of people and the old man with the purple helm opened his arms wide and prepare to speak. "I want you and your friends over there to join the Brotherhood of Mutants. Join me, Magneto, while we aim for Mutant Supremacy and teach the humans that we are the next step on the evolution path of humanity....." 

He continue to talk about how we as a 'mutant' have to serve under him to achive Mutant Supremacy, fighting against the humans is stupid. Back in my world they out number the other races 100 to 1, and that is if we put all different races together. Apparently us Mutant are a minority and if all islands are as big as this one then the overall population should be huge. The size of this city which is apperently a human city... Well I can just ignore that guy and his sugestion of fighting against the entire world when my mission is to protect the Vessel of the Phoenix and return home.

"Thanks for the offer old man, but I don't plan to start a war against the world." When I said that, Magneto got a bit angry but he steeled his expresion quickly, if it wasn't for my Observation Haki I would have missed. 

"Well said young man, Magneto there might end in participating in a war against the humans. Prof. Xavier is looking for a way for all to co-excist in the same world." The dark skinned woman said and this Xavier fellow is looking intently at me. "In my school of the gifted we can help you and your two little friends over there to control your gifts." He said with a kind smile on his face while the two muscle heads were grunting and itching for a fight, are they animals.

One wants war the other wants peace, though they will end up clashing in the future since their end goals are the same but their methods are polar opposites. 

"Well young man, how about joining our club, we focus on information gathering and controlling some agencies from the shadows. I can offer you the seat of the White King if you want, I'm sure that the other members of the inner circle wouldn't mind an Omega level Mutant at the King seat, though you will be tested and and once you are worthy of the title it shall be yours." The blonde woman in the fancy white dress said with a bright smile on her face.

"I'm Sebastian Shaw and this is Emma Frost, though I cannot speak about giving you the position of White King, yet, you are more than welcome to join our club and learn under us. So how may we address you." Mr. Shaw said as polite as possible but I know that he is superficial Mrs. Emma Frost atleast appeared more sincere.

"I am Marco Phoenix."

8