Chapter 46 – Pressing Deep
3.2k 6 150
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Taking the elixir back, I approach the two paralyzed women, laying on the stretchers. They appear to be excited, their eyes bright and locked on mine.  

Heading to the woman closest to me, I crouch next to her. Before starting, I purposefully look into her eyes.

I want to do this right. It is even more important now, since they are in this position.

“Am I okay to touch you, to try to heal you? This is still your body and your decision. Blink your eyes once, if that is okay. Twice, if you don’t wish for that.” 

Her eyes narrow in confusion, but then begin cresting with tears.

Clearly, this isn’t something she was expecting.

She closes her eyes for a moment, in what I think may be a way of composing herself. After opening them again, she purposefully blinks once.

“Okay, I’m going to begin now.”

Carefully supporting her back, neck, and head, I sit her up, so that she can safely drink the elixir. Bringing the bottle to her lips, I let the drink slowly go down her throat, at a pace that she can comfortably drink. After I give her the right dosage of the elixir, I then lay her back down.

From there, I use my instinctual scanning to perform acupressure techniques, to assist with the flow of the medicine and qi throughout the body. Starting from the feet, all the way to the head, I slowly and gradually apply pressure. Hitting the smaller pressure points is honestly difficult, but I figure out how to use my fingernails to reach them.

As I continue use it, the connections between each of my actions comes up. Like how pressing one acupressure point will cause the flow to temporarily reverse or another would cause it to even speed up.

While I have healed people many times and have seen both the general structure and flow of Qi through the body, it is only at this time that I actually am truly understanding how it all comes together into a single closed circuit.

This is made easier, since it appears these women are already cultivators, allowing me to have finally seen the flow of both cultivators and non-cultivators.

All people, to my knowledge, have twelve major meridians that correspond with the 12 major organ systems. They are: cardiovascular; digestive; endocrine; sensory (such as your eyes and ears); immune and hematology (from bone marrow); lymphatic (secondary circulatory system); musculoskeletal; nervous ; reproductive; respiratory; skin; and urinary. There eight extra meridians that are interconnected between all the channels, allowing Qi to reach every tissue and organ.

It would take around a full day or 24 hours for Qi to fully move through a normal person. For a cultivator, this movement of qi takes less time, depending on the cultivation level and their constitution.

The way this differs from the concept from earth, is that there is no ying and yang energies. Just a natural flow of Qi through the world and bodies. Some of the movements stay the same, while others move contrary to traditional thought.

Regarding how I’m able to interact with these different meridian channels, points along the channels can be interacted with at the surface of the skin. So, by pressing in a certain rhythm and pressure, in conjunction with medicine, I can manipulate the flow of Qi throughout the entire body.

Acupuncture would be an even more effective way to reach the points, though certainly raise the risk and challenge.

Luckily, for these cultivator ladies, the elixir should be enough to help heal their issues. Their Qi flow is off, though.

Acupressure won’t be needed to heal them, but definitely will speed up the process. Which I really want to happen, so I won’t have to wait with them for a day. So, this is pretty important for my own convenience.

Ultimately, due to the fast-acting nature of the medicine and the treatments, it only takes 10 minutes to be able to have her healed, to the point where she no longer has the paralysis symptoms or pain.

However, as I can see with my scan, she will need to relearn to walk and perform normal activities, with help. Due to being a cultivator and the specific treatment used, she this should only take a day.

“Okay, I’m going to need you to try to use your fingers.” I can see her gulp, as her fingers begin to move.

Yes!!! Cultivation world medicine and acupressure are awesome!

I can see the woman’s face becoming a cascade of tears, as she finally feels and is able to move her body again. Surprisingly, she still stays quiet throughout this.

From there, I lead her quickly through a progression of movements, like moving her arm to her adjusting her legs and feet. Since it seems she is able to control her body again.

With this, I have another woman and I carry her to her feet. She manages to stand and walk slightly, though it seems she will need a bit more time to get back to better health.

The other woman takes the full weight of her, quite easily, to lead her to the rest of the group.

 

Before I switch over to the next person though, I can see in the corner of my eye, the woman wobblily approaching me.

Turning toward her, I feel her dropping into my arms, her head coming down upon my shoulder.

 

“…thank you…thank you so much.”

 

Like a whisper, I can finally hear her voice.

It’s actually quite nice sounding.

“You’re welcome. Get some rest, though.”

With those words, I hand her over to the woman again. Before she leaves, I let her know what poultices to put on her, so her bedsores could be better healed.

 

As I do so, silence continues over the group. As I turn to look at the other patient, a cheer rises from the group.

I wave away their cheers and gesture in the direction of the other woman. The cheers quiet down again.

I need to concentrate on this. Make sure I do this right. Though the medicine works on its own, I want to make sure these people in front of me are taken care of.

That’s the least I can do, for all the pain it seems they’ve gone through.

 

Moving to the second patient, the first thing I do is walk over to her and repeat what I had said to the first woman.

“Am I okay to touch you, to try to heal you? This is your body. Your decision. Blink your eyes once, if that is okay. Twice, if you don’t wish for that.”  Unlike the other woman, she is unsurprised and resolute. She immediately blinks once.

With the permission granted, the first thing I do is make sure that the woman’s hand is no longer stuck under her stretcher. From there, I perform pretty much the same actions as I did for the other woman.

Lucky for me, it goes pretty much the same way.

As I hand her, now mostly healed, over to another woman, she also whispers “Thank you.”

They walk away, into the crowd.

As I finally take a look into the crowd, I see many wet faces.

I think I did some good here. However. It’s time to deal with the political side.

I turn to the boss lady and the blonde young lady.

150