Chapter 85 – Diverse Interests
2.4k 6 105
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After a little more discussion on plans regarding making the traps, we end up changing the rest of the training sessions to take place in the morning, after my regular wake-up ritual.

Strangely enough, waking up, stretching, and practicing my awareness is becoming more habitual. Not much, but I can feel myself getting into the groove every day that I continue with this.

I think if I manage to keep doing this for the next few months, it will become automatic.

Hopefully, I can get to that point in one piece.

As we finish up our last conversation, I can see spiders running all around, clearing up the web’s and fixing up some of the buildings.

They also seem to be disassembling the giant boulder formed from the building, on the other end of the alley. Pulling it back to the original building and fixing it up. She’s actually making it better and more stable than it was before we got here.

With some words that she has to go take care of something else, mostly to do with intelligence gathering and further damage control, she jumps away onto the buildings adjacent to me. Disappearing into the distance.

Once again, I’m alone.

Well, looks like it’s time for me to continue on. Luckily, that didn’t take too much time.

I start moving back to the entrance to the Yellow Sashes area, just like before. As I get close to the street again, I can see that there are few eyes on me. It seems to be the normal spies, just keeping watch and recording what I do.

My footsteps tap on the stone ground, not making much noise, but seemingly loud to my ears. I attempt to move a little quieter.

There aren’t that many people around, strangely enough.

 

I’ve noticed before that the people around this area are not that poor, compared to the people near to where Gong lives.

Unsurprisingly, there is a larger ratio of humans versus demi humans in this area. With that said, I’ve only been seeing sick humans and plenty of demi humans around here.

Normally, there is quite a few healthy people still around…

 

Which is when I notice that there is a flow of people on the main street. Heading in the same direction I’m going to, the Yellow Sashes entertainment area.

Raising the hood to my robe, I attempt to blend in with the bustling crowd that has formed and heading into the entertainment district.

Similar to how I used the scan to determine and correct my nervous tics, I now use its power to figure out the best way to avoid the line spies’ lines of sight.

I’m still unaccustomed to walking stealthily or handling the myriad of different aspects of doing this, so I’m only partially successful. My scan also reveals that most of the spies are Yellow Sash agents.

Just as I’ve gotten closer to the curtain to the backstage area, I can see that the spies have already moved on ahead, in an attempt to notify key figures of my approach. Two of the spies have already blended in with the crowd and are subtly sliding into the curtained area.

Ha. Now this makes me curious. I should check my scan again to see the safest place to go, to get to the main area.

The route into the curtain still remains is the best route in terms of safety. I do get the feeling that the entertainment zone is very close to the same safety rating. Seeing that the crowd is still heading towards the entertainment zone, which I haven’t seen yet, I become curious.

It couldn’t hurt to check it out a little, right? Looks like a lot of fun over there.

And so, I move past the curtained area. I can sense some of the spies’ faces freeze before they themselves dart behind the curtain.

However, my attention is now stolen by the entrance.

Stretched all along an alleyway is a giant arch covered in some kind of silk cloth. Ethereal dust, reminding me of Earth’s holographic analogues, floats down from the top of the garden to the ground. Shimmering and catching the colors of the light, it appears as if shining through a curtain of fairy dust. As we pass through this archway, the dust passes through us, revealing it isn’t real at all. Simply an illusion.

Now gazing at the entertainment area for the first time, it actually once again reminds me a little of a mouse’s park in the States. With roads made of clearly higher quality material, clear shops and ‘special’ locations. Like that place, there are also characters and ‘staff’ everywhere.

Except, those characters are women looking to give out adult services.

Still taking in these sights, beside me, I can hear two men excitedly whisper to each other.

The man closest to me whispers, “That’s strange, it looks like they’re putting out different girls. Not only that, but it seems they are publicly showing some of the ‘interests’ that are available. I’ve never seen some of these girls before.”

I can practically hear him gulp before he continues.

“Is that woman covered in leather and stepping on someone?! Oh man… Some of these, I didn’t even know I like. Look over there, are those fake demi human girls? Dang, they might really be looking for a different clientele out here…”

The other guy says, “Seriously though. There are girls out here of a higher standard than I have ever seen in my life, let alone could afford.

“Though, one group of them doesn’t seem like they should be out here. Maybe they’re out here for security? No, they’re dressed up like they’re waiting for clients. I can understand the girls with fake demi human stuff on them or the other ‘interests.’ But these? Don’t they know they’re way too old for that? They should really just stick to security.”

My eyes drift across all the mentioned groups and see that they are right in that there are quite a few distinct groups out here.

Which doesn’t seem that strange to my taste, but it’s easy to understand that this world may not publicly share all the different interests that my world has gotten used to.

 

It’s very clear that this is a very dangerous place for me.

Not only are there gorgeous women out here, but they span many of the different interests that I have that I saw when I was on earth. That’s not even including the fact that at the baseline, these women are gorgeous.

My eye subconsciously lingers over all these different groups, practically staring in wonder at the reality of such a place existing in this world. And… maybe a tiny bit because I am attracted to quite a few of the people and kinks they have out. In particular, my eyes land on a certain section. A trio of thicc women, of varying proportions, are kneeling on the ground with a collar, chain, and covered eyes. Another woman comes along and grabs one woman’s chain, pulling it slightly.

The chained woman’s chest heaves and she begins clearly panting in anticipation.

Critical hit.

Shoot, I need to keep moving.

 

Even as I say that to myself, I seem unable to move past looking around and marveling at the area, and the various things I’m interested in.

Ultimately, my eyes finally land on the last group he mentioned, the older security women.

Each of these older women are clearly fighters.

… Not in the sense that they’re bulky, like bodybuilders, but instead toned, alert, and seemingly ready for a fight anytime. They are also clothed in form fitting dresses, that near the legs are adjusted to allow for increased movement.

One woman over there seems to catch a glimpse of me. Her eyes gain a hungry, but still attractive, predatory look and she waves vigorously at me. The other women also notice and join her.

I can feel my breath catch, with my hand raising up and waving subconsciously back, before I catch myself. Literally catching my hand with my other one.

Can’t blame hypnotism on that one… I really need to get out of here, or I will actually gain and lose something today.

 

As I am about to snap my head away from them, to leave this temptation zone, my eyes land on one more figure out of that fighter group.

What I see causes me to do a double take.

In the middle of that group is an ordinary woman, flexing and attempting to look intimidating. She does the stereotypical bodybuilder flexes and turns to me, while still smiling proudly. With impossibly shiny teeth.

It’s pretty clear who this actually is. The leader of the Yellow Sashes, Wu Qing.

All in her normal form. Clearly out of place.

Just why?

From what I can tell, no one else can see her… or they don’t want to say anything about it.

This is what causes me to immediately turn back onto the main street and sprint back towards the curtain heading to the backstage area.

I can practically hear the ‘Wait, don’t go’ from her behind me, as I sprint away.

 

Just a reminder. If you'd like to see up to 16 chapters ahead of the public release, come check out my Patreon below!

105