[ Volume 1] Prologue: The Beginning
115 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The ancient man transversed a bleak battlefield and silence followed. His feet touched ground that no human eyes but his own had ever seen. It was a bizarre place. With large cracks in the space, eyes full of malicious intent peered out of the openings. 

"How pitiful," the man spat. "Beings who once upon a time ruled the land of living reduced to such a sorry state; never seeing the light of day again."

The eyes stared at him with hostility, but didn't do anything. 

Seeing this, the man laughed, almost mockingly. These beings were not what they once used to be. Now what he saw before him were no more than remnants of their souls.

After glancing around for one last time, he continued on, trudging past the hills of bones of monsters and men alike. The ancient man felt weary. He didn't know for how long he had been walking across this land. Days passed in monotonous walk until he finally came upon a sheer wall. It was made up of sandstones; enchanted by numerous spells to offer it an extra layer of firmness and steadiness that had kept it standing for almost a millennium. It seemed to stretch on until it disappeared into obscurity.

Despite having seen it for several times already, awe welled up inside the ancient man. "The Wall of Hope, who still remembers the amount of blood shed to construct this?" He murmured emotionally, although no one was present to hear it. 

The ancient man commenced scaling the wall. Oddly enough, he didn't do so with the help of a rope. In fact, he used nothing save for his frail-looking legs to climb it. His feet verically walked on the wall in a manner that defied gravity. He climbed until he stood on top of the wall. 

Glimpsing above, his dull eyes witnessed a sky filled with glistening stars. He closed his eyes, took in a deep, and waited. It came abruptly. A warmth settled over his skin and his body started shuddering with great intensity. The world unraveled before his eyes and he saw what had been set in motion; what should be and what may be. It told him about something that could change the face of the land. The ancient man exhaled as the vision ended. 

"Finally…the world shall once again be graced by their presence." He ignored the thick film of sweat that had formed underneath his bedraggled robes.

His eyes that had previously been without any visage of life were now filled with a fervent hope. "I am looking forward to your arrival…the world is looking forward to your arrival."

4