Chapter 8: Christmas Dance Part 1- Love In the Snow
148 6 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Night of the dance from the perspective of Robby

I listen to the rumble of the car engine while looking through the snow-covered glass in the back seat; the stars are as clear and bright as they could possibly be. To an extent the night seems... alive, with all the bright lights from buildings and street signs but yet I cannot see any of this from behind the glass; it all seems blurry and confusing. Why am I even in a car with Harry driving to a school dance? Why am I going with Lillie? Well I guess I am just trying to help a friend become more outgoing.

"I wonder what songs Chloe will be singing tonight," Robby whispered to himself.

"Chloe? Why does it matter to you? She is not the girl you should be thinking about tonight" Harry replied.

For a second I was a bit shocked, wondering how Harry knew what I was thinking about but I quickly realized I was just thinking aloud for a second. I did not know how to reply to what Harry had said; after all, I do not even know the answer to that question myself. Why have I been thinking about Chloe so much? Before I could start thinking about an answer for that, I felt a sudden force push me forward causing me to hit my head on the back of the driver’s seat.

"Here we are at Olivia's house, she said she'll be out in a few minutes," Harry stated.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? Can't you at least give a heads up when you are about to suddenly stop the car like a maniac?" Robby replied.

"I did tell you to put on your seatbelt like a good passenger but no, instead you wanted to be Mr. Danger"

"Fuck you dude, I'm walking the rest of the way since it's not too far from here"

"Whatever makes you sleep at night, just make sure that little bit of dick you have remaining doesn't drop off because of the cold"

After saying this Harry proceeded to lock his window before whispering to himself "Would have been cool if you and I were driving to this dance together as a couple Robby" all while having a cheeky grin on his face.

While walking through the fresh snow I finally could spot the school building. The bright festive colors and crowds of people made it impossible to miss. The more I walked and the closer I got to the school the sound of the song "All I Want for Christmas Is You" got progressively louder. I quickly ran into the school building and knocked the snow off my fully black tuxedo, everything from the shirt under my coat to my shoes were completely black. I pulled out my phone in the halls of the school to call Lillie, but while my phone was ringing, I started to hear a second ringing behind me, that followed by someone tapping me on the shoulder. For a second the music stopped in my head as I turned around and saw Lillie in a white dress with a subtle yet beautiful flower pattern, her hair curled at the ends, her makeup done so well and she smelt so sweet. Up until this day, I had only ever seen Lillie in jackets that were excessively big for her at school, but tonight I could see all her curves and feminine appeal clearly. 

"Wow!" Robby said without realizing.

Lillie's eyes fell towards the ground as she began blushing.

"T-thanks," Lillie replied

"Huh? Did I say that aloud? That's kind of embarrassing" Robby replied while trying to laugh it off.

"O-oh, my mistake ha-ha"

"I mean... you are very beautiful tonight, not that you are not usually beautiful it's just that your beauty shines in a different way right now"

Lillie slowly lifted her head while smiling.

"Thanks, you look very h-handsome tonight as well," Lillie, replied in a low voice.

I was barely able to hear her but she definitely just called me handsome, I grabbed Lillie's hand that felt so soft and when I got closer to her the sweet scent became even greater. Maybe worrying about showing up to this dance was for nothing after all.

As the doors to the gym opened the music suddenly became louder and the crowds became larger, dancing everywhere with the colors red and green covering everyone and everything. I could barely hear myself think but eventually we made it through the crowd and found a table to sit at.

"Robby, weren't we supposed to take our picture at the front over there?" Lillie asked.

Through the dense crowds, I managed to spot the booth that Lillie was pointing out and I remembered that the picture was essential to getting in but we somehow managed to sneak in.

"I mean... we are already inside so I don't think it matters," Robby replied

"I do kind of want to t-take the p-picture though" 

I have never seen Lillie talk this much before so I constantly felt surprised by everything she was saying.

"I guess we can go back to take the picture then"

With that one reply I saw Lillie quickly light up again as she regained her smile, I do not think I could ever get tired of looking at her smile, it was almost as if I kept falling for her every time she smiled.

While walking through the crowd I saw Harry and Olivia had arrived and were sitting in the dining area above us. I gave a small wave towards their direction that followed up with a wave back from Harry but not from Olivia, she did not seem to be in a good mood so I did not put much thought into it and continued walking. 

Lillie and I stood next to each other for the picture but then the photographer told me to wrap my arms around her. I slowly put both hands around Lillie's waist, she felt so small and soft, and I felt if I had held her any tighter, I could accidentally break her.

"Perfect! You two make a fantastic couple," the photographer said before handing us the picture.

While walking away Lillie had the smile, I wanted to continue seeing this smile for the rest of my life.

"Wait... he only gave us one copy so do you want it?" Lillie asked

"You can keep it, after all you are the highlight of the picture," Robby replied

"That's not true you look amazing Robby"

She actually said that in a volume that was audible, this girl continues to impress me. I could not stop myself from starting to laugh but luckily, Lillie followed right behind me and began laughing as well. Who would have thought tonight would be so much fun, what was I even worried about to begin with. 

"And now boys and girls, the moment you all have been waiting for..." the DJ of the dance began shouting on stage.

The smile on my face fell as I felt my stomach fall and my heart began beating at a rate that made it feel as if everyone in the room could hear each beat clearly. For that moment I completely forgot what was making this night enjoyable as Lillie disappeared from my line of sight when I turned around, The DJ finished his announcement.

"Tonight we have the beautiful, the talented CHLOE NELSON!"

The last thing I heard was the sound of a single drop of sweat falling off my face and landing on the ground. All the loud cheering, the sound of people chatting with each other was eventually gone after the entire room was engulfed in darkness, Chloe was the only person I could see covered in stage light and the sound of her footsteps as she walked towards the mic was the only thing I could hear. 

"Hello everyone, are you all enjoying the dance!?" Chloe yelled into the mic.

I guess I am enjoying the dance but... this was not supposed to be my reason for enjoying it. 

Up in the dining area Olivia looks down the ledge at Robby as he gazes at Chloe, a single tear raced down her face as her grip on the ledge tightened. Harry quickly notices her tears and gets up out of his seat.

"Hey... are you alright?" Harry asked.

Olivia forces a smile as she notices that the look Robby is giving Chloe is not one of hate but instead it is as if he is connecting with her, he seems completely mesmerized by the girl he supposedly hates. 

"I can't win," Olivia says before running towards the exit in tears.

"Wait Olivia, where are you going!?" Harry screams in her direction while chasing behind her. 

Robby's eyes are still stuck on Chloe down on the dance floor, in this moment nothing else exists in the world except for Chloe and himself.

"What is wrong with me?" Robby asks himself as he holds the left side of his chest

Chloe is on the center of the stage, dressed in a gold dress, silver high-heels and her usually curly white hair was straight, she was stunning. Her mouth opened once more to say one more thing before starting to sing.

"Tonight I will be singing an original song for everyone here, something I put my heart into while writing called... Love In the Snow"

 

0