Chapter 29 : Elimination.
956 8 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The beastmen are approaching from two different directions. Towards this passage to the basement located at the end of the first floor's corridor, they are coming from both under the stairs and from the corridor. I could clean up underground first, but it would be better to start with the larger crowd. It's because I'm expecting more of them to come in the future, and it's better to cull their number before that happens. Looking at the approaching three beastmen, I run towards them.

The signal was around here... WHAT?” I charge onto the one in the center and leap into him to pierce his heart. Using his body as support and creating a foothold for my left leg with wind magic, I rotate my body to kick horizontally into the the neck of the beastman on his right side. Being infused with a blade of wind, my leg cuts right through his neck effortlessly. After one rotation, I create another foothold for my right leg, and use its momentum to leap towards the third beastman to cut his neck.

As I land on the ground past him, I hear the thumping sound of two heads falling, followed by their bodies. My height used to be a disadvantage because of how difficult it was to reach my opponents' vital spots. But ever since my wind magic's level became high enough to allow aerial maneuvers, my small size hasn't been an issue anymore. On the contrary, having a small size makes it easier to avoid hits, and it has become an effective asset instead.

Using the impact upon landing, I bounce back to run through the corridor towards my next targets.


A monster!”

Is she the one who killed the boss?”

We.. we don't stand a chance! Call the town guards!”

I hear their screams and sounds of them using their communication devices. While I can deal with those close to me, I can't interrupt those in the back line.

'Reinforcements.' However, it's nothing unexpected. In this narrow corridor, those I can't interrupt can't see me neither. The information about my appearance won't spread, and I just have to deal with the reinforcements. For now, I just need to focus on taking care of the ones in front. I leap towards the beastman at the front line who is trying to make a call.

R..run! Stop getting in the way and run quickly!”

They can't run away because of their back line is blocking their way. But as those behind them hear the screams and start running away, they will be able to run away as well. It would made it easier for me if they could just fight until the end, but running away is indeed the wiser option.

However, it is too late for that. I warned them of my presence by showing Nightmane's head, and since they came all the way here while knowing it, I have no intention of letting them escape.

Focusing my senses around this building, I take control of the air around it. I don't think it will collapse easily, but it would be better to be careful. Within a radius slightly larger than the building itself, I start rotating the flow of wind. As I keep pouring in my mana into it, the flow keeps accumulating with each other, and creates a violent turbulence.

A...a tornado! Why now of all time!?”

How? But forecast had nothing like that! It's impossible!”

On a clear day without a spec of cloud, it will be immediately known that the tornado isn't natural. Since they have already called for reinforcements, it would be better that they bring their stronger warriors so I can gain more experience points. The artificial tornado will be a perfect bait to attract them.

We..we can't get through here like this!”
“No way... Are we trapped?” While my wind detects those who ran outside panicking, I keep slaying those who were at the front line.

I'm not going to die here! I'm getting out of here at all costs!” One beastman jumps into the tornado. However, I can't call that a wise choice, as someone at his level shouldn't be able to pass through it.

A...ahhhh no!!!” The beastman who ran inside it gets flown away. Getting carried by the violent wind, he rotates his way up to the sky, and he gets thrown away from a height he can't survive.

No way!” They couldn't have seen the fall, nor how he died. But from the way he flew up, they should be able to guess what happened to him.

We are all going to die!”

Shut up! If it comes to this, we have to gather our forces and fight together! It has no intention of letting us escape, but if we can survive long enough, help will come to save us!”

It seems they are trying to gather everyone. If that's the case, then I don't have to hurry since I have already taken care of those who can describe my appearance.

Yes, we can fight it together! We only ran because the corridor was too narrow, if it is here, we can take advantage of our number!”

It's true. What does that 'monster' look like? Anyone here saw it?”

I didn't, anyone here saw what is trying to kill us?”

No way... Is everyone who saw it already dead?”

Shut up! We can do this, so keep your whimpering to yourself!”


I find the corpse of the beastman who brought me here. He was my priority target, so I have already killed him. I take the key to the children's room from his pocket, and walk over there.

Reaching my destination, I open the door.

You... how horrible! What happened to you?” Their attentions turn towards me immediately.

They don't seem to have any slave crest. They should be able to escape once I open them a path.

You are covered in blood, are you okay?” They touch me around as if they are checking for injuries.

Run away.”

What are you saying? You don't seem injured, but what are all those bloods?” It would be too annoying to explain all that, so I'll just tell them what they need to know.

Others are in first floor and underground rooms. Keys are in the corpses.” If those other humans were their relatives, it would be best for them to escape together.

I don't understand, are you okay?”

Their worries are unnecessary. Since I told them all they need to know, I turn around to head outside. The beastmen are nicely gathering in front of the building. They must have thought that is where help can reach them the fastest.

When I observed the beastmen guards, their strongest warriors were the last ones to react to incidents. I don't know exactly why, but its a common behavior observed in many races, and if I had to guess, it should be in order to keep their dignity. If they stay consistent with that, they shouldn't be here anytime soon.

I widen my perception to detect incoming enemies outside of the tornado. I have taken note on the few beastmen I need to avoid fighting, and they aren't among the groups of armed soldiers approaching this location. In case I manage to find their approach, I will need to finish off those I am facing, and escape. Since they are coming in waves, it is like having a time limit on dealing with each wave, and it isn't a difficult condition.

Running through the corridor full of corpses, I open the door to the outside of the building where the remaining beastmen are gathered. This is the eye of tornado, a calm location inside this violently rotating wind. Although they are in a safe location, if they walked out any further, they will get flown away. I notice their glares, filled with uneasiness.

You... what is your purpose?” One werewolf walks up and asks me.

'Thirty four of them.' It's a small number. There was more of them, but it is what remains of them now.

I leap towards him to close the distance and pierce his heart. They asked for my purpose, this is my answer.

John!! How dare you!”

Using his body as support, I jump upward upside down, and creating a foothold above by feet, I leap back to the ground to slam down on the beastman behind him. Before he can look up, my blade swiftly pierces his skull.

As I land on the ground, I see two types of beastmen. A two dozen of them running towards me, and the rest trying to go as far as possible without getting blown away.

Regaining my posture, I jump up to the first one to pierce his neck. In the meantime, I check the other beastmen's locations, and leap towards beastman in the middle of their formation.

Be careful! She is fast, and is able to freely move in the air!”

Unlike monsters who tend to act on instincts, they are slower to realize that fact. Is their intellect slowing down their awareness? If that is the case, then it can be useful.

Finishing off one target, I leap to the next target, and I keep repeating it. Even though it's a speed they can't catch up, the pattern should be obvious enough.

One bulky beastman swings down his sword as I leap towards him.

'Four hits.' That was the number of attacks they witnessed before starting to anticipate it.

I twist my body, and deflect the attack with my right arm surrounded by a blade of wind. Even against an attack of this caliber, it won't be able to block efficiently. But if I use it to turn aside their blow, then I can use it to add forces to mine.

I use the downward swing to rotate my body around it, and the power I deflected from my right arm comes right back to strike his neck. As his head separates from his body, I create a foothold in my arm's path to bounce back towards my next target, preserving the momentum.

'How long will it take to anticipate this time?' If they can learn from my movements, I can use that fact. Although I can't expect them to be all the same, members of the same race share similar characteristics, and it also applies to those with higher levels.

35