Chapter 5 The Encounter 2, Meeting With The Devil Again
1.1k 17 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(1650 words)

The built-up is almost over! If you have any suggestions please let me now in the comments. And sorry for the writing errors I have missed. Had kind of a long day.

A squad of 4-men(deers) have0 spotted me. After all, even though I was not that big, I struck out like a sore thumb as a black object on green grass. They were exactly how I remembered them, even though it's been like five years since I have seen them. 

But one of it's appearance stood out, it had more of a human like build, on top of having a bit fancier uniform(if you can call it that). Their uniforms were very alike, but probably the one being the squad leader had different colors and something like a badge to it. Just imagine a kangaroo with a deer's head wearing a very simplistic dark-blue police uniform with some green stripes on it. That was kind of close to how it looked like. 

Thankfully they didn't try to annihilate me at first-sight. Three out of four of them backed up upon seeing me, I thought it was because they were startled for some reason but it seemed to give way to their probably superior and the squad leader. Upon closer inspection, I noticed that it had more human like features than others. He slowly started walking towards me, with his guard up, holding his spear at hand. Then... He fucking poked me with his spear! That hurt you basta- oh, it didn't hurt at all. Perhaps I am an indestructible rock haha! I knew it!! 

I had been an obsidian all along! No one but a diamond pickaxe shall stand up to me now!(no racism but bedrock is tad bit too grayish for this joke, and I know that you can break obsidian even with bare hands) Now, I just need some communication skills and someone to tie me up to a stick. So I shall be The Hatchexcalibur (Excalibur)of this world! And my nickname would be The End Bringer in 9 realms!

"You certainly are very excited about being a rock after all."

Wha- why have my vision turned gray? And that voice that's inside my head. SO IT'S YOU, YOU BASTARD! WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T YOU GIVEN ME ANYTHING TO HELP ME WITH IF YOU MADE ME FUCKING PARALYZED?!!? DID YOU KNOW WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I BEN THROUGH UP UNTIL NOW?? AND-

"You certainly are right." The same creature, the devil that looked like a gentleman in his prime years, appeared next to me. "I haven't paid any attention while giving you that scroll. For that I sincerely apologise." I couldn't believe my eyes but he sincerely looked sorry. "For my grave mistake, please allow me to compensate you." 

Hold up a minute. I got fucked because the last time you rushed everything. I want explanations.

"Very well, I can't tell you any and everything but I will answer to your questions truthfully or stay silent." 

First up, who the hell are you?

"I am a deity as you've guessed. One you might call chaotic or perhaps evil. My job usually is creating chaos in the realms I am entrusted with, for various reasons."

Is Diablo your real name?

"I have many names to many creatures, one of them is Diablo."

To many creatures, huh. So what were you initially going to reincarnate me as? 

"It is not actually determined by me. The scroll chooses the race as you would call it, that you would get reincarnated as, of course it would be the one you would probably create a great deal of chaos with. By signing the contract, you were supposed to get reincarnated as someone that would create a lot of chaos in the long run."

Shit, wouldn't I have any say about my destiny then? Is it still the case?

"Afraid not, because of my mistake, you had signed another contract." he said, completely ignoring the first question, "Due to the contract I gave you, you have become a servant of mine. I changed your job to an independent servant as to relieve you of performing any duties."

What do your servants actually do? And why have you decided to come after all this ti-, wait, how much time has passed since have I come here?

"That, I can't tell. And it had been a few days past 5 years, since you have been reincarnated here."

 What? When? I was just playing chess for a while. Had my dream world been a reverse Hyperbolic Time Chamber from DBZ?

"Not really, though I am still impressed that you have been able to keep yourself sane with that, but it was simply and perhaps unbelievably, just because you were too immersed in it."

I still can't believe it. 5 years have passed... Oh you said 5 years, so my divine protection expired, was that why the deergaroos come here. How did they know about me? What is that Divine Protection?

"Divine Protection is what it's name suggests. The skill activates itself whenever you are in a potentially dangerous situation. To not let you abuse it so often, I added a 5 years of total usage time to it. Since you had no ability to move, and therefore been defenceless, it activated itelf after the first possible threat got close to you. By its divine miasma, it triggered the instincts of the animals, thus drove them away. Even though the Gakes as they are called in this world, are not very smart, they recognized that there was a potential of something valuable's existence. So after the Divine Protection expired, they started looking out for you. But they didn't know what you were like so they divided and looked for where the miasma originated. Even though some time have passed, there still was some of it on you. Thus they picked out on that smell. And eventually found you."

They are called Gakes? So there are probably central civilizations with communication networks in this world, for there to be a singular name for a race. Tell me, why have you come after 5 years?

"Well, there are restrictions as to how much we can interfere with the world. I couldn't have directly interfered with it myself, until you got attacked. Even though you didn't take much damage."

Directly? So you could have talked with me? You bastard, because of lonesome I became delirious and developed a split personality disorder. It could have helped me a lot even if I had a conversation partner.

"Oh, you mean Split Thinking? It is one of the skills you have acquired in the passing 5 years."

A skill? One of them?

"Yes, just check your status."

Status!

Name: (empty)

Title: Independent Servant of @#$&+

Creed: None

Protection: (Expired) (!) Divine Protection of @#$&+

Health Points: 50/50

Stamina Points: 0/0

Level: 1/?

Class: None

______

Skills:

Divine: Divine Protection (Expired) (!)

Unique: (empty)

Higher: Status 

Normal: 

Split Thinking (level 6)

Focus (level 4)

----------

Clan: None

Oh, I have gained Split Thinking and Focus. Yep, it's been five years. It says expired next to Divine Protection. 

Hey, say. You owe me a favor now right? Could you give me some Stamina Points so I can move?

"Ah, regrettably I can't. Furthermore it doesn't work like that. But I can give you Skill Points. I changed your status, check it."

Name: (empty)

Title: Independent Servant of @#$&+

Creed: None

Protection: (Expired) (!) Divine Protection of @#$&+

Health Points: 50/50

Stamina Points: 0/0

Level: 1/?

Class: None

______

Skills:

Divine: Divine Protection (Expired) (!)

Unique: (empty)

Higher: Status

Normal: 

Split Thinking (level 6)

Focus (level 4)

----------

Clan: None

Skill Store

(I clicked on it):

Appraise (500) 

Harden(300)

Coordination (100)

Calmness (100)

Skill points: 5 000

"Normally skill store opens after level 10 for most beings in this world but I shall make an exception in your case. This is the least and the most that I can do."

I'd much rather prefer being human or at least being able to move but if that is the most you can do, even though I hate to admit it, I'll accept the status quo you've brought upon me, for a while. 

Ok let's inspect the skill points stuff. I am tad bit familiar with this idea of skill buying subject. Since I have only 4 skills to buy, even though there are some vague and less used skills like Focus or Calmness. That probably means that the system opens the availability to the skills in Skill Store when certain conditions are met. And there might be a ton of trivial skills, so I've got to be picky about what I buy- LET'S BUY THEM ALL! THEY ARE ALL INTERESTING! YAYY, I AM IN A FANTASY WORLD, WILL ENJOY IT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE! 

What the actual fuck was that?!!? Why the fuck did I buy all those just for some simple tendencies? I only have 3900 skill points left now!

 "It's because of the Split Thinking. It normally affects people's mental abilities slightly by making them think in more than one perspective. But because you have improved it so much, your simple whims might get amplified and may affect your thoughts and ultimately your actions. I'd recommend you turn it off whenever it's not necessary."

Ok, what I had experienced felt like someone else's thoughts and memories. I don't have any concise idea about this world anyways, so I'll listen to you- wait, how do I turn it off?

"Sorry, I must leave now. I sincerely wish you good luck, you can take care of your self after this point. I know all this was not enough for you, both in information and compensation but I will try to make up for all this, when we meet once again." 

And there he goes, he just popped out of existence...

Oh well, everything is presently still so the time is still stopped, but looking closer I see a count down from 5 minutes at the top right of my vision.

(End of the chapter)

Hey there, if you have some time, could you post a comment regarding your thoughts about the chapter?

Regardless of if you liked it or not. Have a great day!

Have you added the novel to your reading list?
  • Yeah! Because I liked the story so far. Votes: 61 56.0%
  • No, your story is shit. I don't want any part of it. Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I think I will add it, the story seems interesting. Votes: 46 42.2%
Total voters: 109
28