A Little Something Extra
20.7k 54 442
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“It looks like you are done with your appearance. Next, I will explain some of the basics to you.”

 

“Because of your status as an ascended, you have infinite potential. You are capable of getting to level 300 and can use a Shrine of the Reborn to rebirth back to level 1. You can also do this even if you are not at level 300.”

 

“You can also learn any skill you know in your last life by simply practicing it. As this world does not have a class system like others, you can create your own by learning and leveling any skill you want. You can also open your menu at any time either by saying menu or simply thinking it.”

 

“As an ascended, you are immortal and cannot truly die, and as such, you can travel between this world and your own at will.”

 

“Now, please choose a new name for yourself in this world.”

 

I stand there thinking, wondering what name I should choose. After what seemed like 10 minutes, I have a name in mind but speak to Eri.

 

“Eri, I want to use the name Gwen, but I don’t know if it sounds elfy enough. You have any suggestions?”

 

“Certainly. I can generate you some names that are typically used by elves. However, if you would like to use the name Gwen, I can fit it into the elves’ language. May I suggest Gwyndolyn? You can shorten it to Gwyn, which would also fit the elven dialect.”

 

“Thank you, Eri. I will use your suggestion then.”

 

“You are welcome. With that done, I would like to welcome you to Elara. May you enjoy your time here.”

 

“Eri, before I go, I would like to add you to my friends so we can talk again.”

 

Eri looked like she was shocked. I couldn’t tell what was going through her mind, but I knew I asked for something strange. She then composes herself and responds to me.

 

“Of course, Gwyn. As a token of our friendship, I will also slip a little something extra into your inventory.

 

After that, my vision goes white again. A few moments later, I can feel myself lying down somewhere. I also hear the sound of waves and birds. My vision slowly starts to come back to me, and I can see a bright blue sky.

 

I sit up and look around me and notice I am on the shore of a large lake. Standing up, I dust my self off and see the clothes I am wearing look like simple ragged clothes consisting of torn pants and ripped shirt and some kind of sandals.

 

(So what do I do now?)

 

I stand there by the lake, thinking of my next plan of action. I then remember the gift Eri said she gave me and how to open my game menu. Remembering that I think to myself, ‘Menu.’

 

Name: Gwyndolyn

Level: 1

Total Level: 1

Race: Elf

Gender: Futa

Title: None

 

HP: 9/9

MP: 15/15

DEF: 1

 

Attributes Points: 0

 

STR: 12

DEX: 15

CON: 8

INT: 13

WIS: 14

CHA: 10

 

Skills:

 

I read through my status and stop on the gender section.

(What the heck is a futa?)

 

Looking at the description makes my jaw drop.

 

Futa: A gender assigned by your race. Those with this gender have functioning parts of both males and females.

 

“What the hell! Who designed this?”

 

I quickly look at the elves’ description and notice about midway through the description it says all elves are futa. I close all my menus, and with nervous hands, I pull down my pants.

 

Sure enough, when I look down, I see something between my legs that generally should not be there. Flustered, I quickly pull my pants back up. Of course, my genitals weren’t the only thing I noticed, looking down, I had also noticed my breasts had shrunk. They were at least a large B cup, maybe going into a small C cup.

 

(Is it too late to change my race? I should have read the description better. Wait…I can change my race at one of those rebirth shrines. Yeah, I will just deal with it then.)

 

With my new plan in mind, I calm down from my panicked state. If it were not for the extra appendage, this body would have been my ideal body type. I open my menu again and navigate to my inventory. I see a couple of items, the first being an iron sword and the next being a small glowing ball labeled Eri’s Friendship.

 

I inspect Eri’s Friendship to see what it does.

 

Eri’s Friendship: Grants the user with a title and a skill befitting of one who befriended Eri: Guide of the Gods.

 

I decided to use the item to see what it gave me.

 

You have received:

Title: Friend of Eri

Skill: Friend of Eri

 

I inspect the title and find out it doesn’t say much except I am Eri’s friend, the skill was different.

 

Friend of Eri: [Rank E] (Passive) Increases all XP gain by x1 and attribute point and attribute gain by x1.

 

(I wonder if that skill is good? I remember Yuki telling I need to get the XPs to level up, so I guess that is good. Although I don’t know anything about these attribute points. Oh well, I will figure that out as I go.)

 

Thinking to myself some more, I decided on a plan of action. The first thing I needed to do was to find a town to set up as a temporary base. Next, I needed to either start making stuff or go and find things that could be sold. Then once I can travel to the capitol, meet up with the others.

 

I get the sword out of my inventory, and I hold it for a moment. The sword looks like a standard sword and even has that cover that goes over it. Messing with the straps for a moment, I am able to fasten the sword to my hip.

 

I pull the sword out and feel its weight in my hands. I swing it around just a little, and I start to feel myself getting excited.

 

“HA! This 36-year-old mother will conquer the world!”

 

After yelling that, I feel a bit embarrassed and put the sword away. I then notice a notification in my peripheral vision. Once I focus on it, a message popped up.

 

You learned a new skill!

Sword Mastery: [Rank E] (Passive) Increases sword skill XP gain by x1 and increases sword damage by x1.

 

I close the notification window and examine my surroundings. I see what is probably a dirt road a little way in the distance. The left side of the trail leads to a forest. While the right continues on through some prairies and hills.

 

Hoping to find a town, I follow the road to the right through the prairie and hills.

442