8 – Something’s Fishy Here…
5 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holly POV


"What?" muttered Dave with a confused expression.

"I said, there is someone in the back-room." I whisphered "I heard it when I was looking for food."

"Huh?" Chow said, as he turned his head around to look back, at the room.

I immediately put my paws on Chow's head and turned him to face us.

"What was that for?!" Chow cried out. "I was just gonna look!"

"Are you stupid? Actually, nevermind you definitely are." I muttered annoyed. "You almost blew our cover. If you had looked, then they would have been suspicious of us, and we would lose our advantage of knowing that they are there."

Dumb, scatter-brained chihuahua.

"Then what are we supposed to do?" asked an angered Chow.

"Well I have a plan and you guys, are going to set it in motion." I claimed proudly.

"Hm... then what is it?" asked Dave lazily.

"Well, we pretend that we are using this place as a temporary shelter, and then we fake-sleep. They will likely become impatient, and either attack us or escape. I say the more likely decision is that they will attack. Once they try to hit us, we will attack them to catch them off guard." I smiled as I said this "After that we will win."

"Can't we just run away?" Dave said "There is not really any point in beating them."

Slow-witted, foolish, cowardly, dunce of a human. Where is your pride? Humans go on and on, about how they are brave and courageous, But most of the time they just want to run away. I made this plan because it's fun, and the fact that 'they' might have information on the fish group.

"No Dave. We are going with this plan. In the meantime, let's continue on our search for resources." I smiled sarcastically "Okay, Dave?"

"Yes!" exclaimed Chow happily.

Dave also nodded, although angered and annoyed.


Switch to Dave's POV...


I can already feel what Holly was thinking.

Her eyes and that sarcatic tone of voice, said it all.

She was probably thinking about me, and how much of a 'dunce of a human' I am, and how that running away is cowardly.

What does she know? I run because I need to run. We don't know what's in that back-room. Dealing with them might be easy for her, but she is a lot taller, stronger, and faster than me. Chow might be find too, but what about me? This is a plan that is risky for me and me alone! Do you really expect me to agree?

I agreed. 

I fucking agreed.

Fuck. What was I thinking?!

If I did not agree, it would be more than just petty insults.

I knew. I knew in the back of my mind, that right now, Holly is stronger both physically and mentally, than me. Right now, I am probably just a play-thing to her, just something she keeps around, to appease her boredom.

I must escape from Holly. 

If something endangers her life, I am willing to bet that she will abandon me, and Chow, without any hesitation.

After I get enough power to survive, I am going to escape from Holly and her shenanigans.

Right now though, I need to follow her.

So, here I am, stealing food from the convenience store, while the world is going nuts.

I picked a large bag up, and then started to pack up food and water.

It was almost night-time, and the sun was starting to set. It was very beautiful, with the red and pink sky spewing beautiful hues, and green clouds covering the falling sun.

Although, there was blood splattered everywhere, and you could occasionally see messy people, and mutant animals, it was gorgeous.

What am I saying? Right now a lot of people are dying! But here I am sitting here like a useless good-for-nothing bastard, while others are fighting for their lives!

I packed harder now. The feelings of sadness, soon turned into anger.

It's all those animal's fault! After their mutations, they are basically equal to us humans. So why do they kill us? We did nothing to them, except for feeding them, sheltering them, and giving them a good life! Why would they kill their benefactors?!

I started to get even angrier.

Why?

WHY?

I slammed the bag to the ground with all my strength. Chow looked at me weirdly, while Holly seemed like she did not even care.

My collegues are dead. My few friends are likely dead. Half of the people I know are probably dead.

So why am I alive?

My internal monologue was interupted when Holly said "Let's stay here for the night. It has supplies, and it;s better than sleeping outside."

This was the start of the plan.

Calm down. Calm down Dave. Take deep breaths in, and then let it all out.

I regained my calm, as I breathed deeply.

"Sure!" I said in a friendly fake voice "I agree with you! This place seems like a great place to get some rest."

We set up some temporary beds and soon got ready to sleep.

"Don't forget our plan." Holly said quietly.

You are the cause of my misery.

I nodded, while Chow was already in his bed sleeping, with loud earth-shaking snores.

Holly looked annoyed at this, and kicked Chow.

Chow didn't even budge, and just kept snoring.

"Alright, let's go to sleep."

We started to pretend to sleep, well at least me and Holly did, as we waited for our enemies.

Out of the blue, we heard a distinct sound, of a door opening.

0