10 – CATpitalize on the Situation.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave's POV


There were five fish-like creatures, two humans, and one dog.

"It's them!" exclaimed Chow happliy "They are the ones we have been looking for!"

Are they the ones?

I could not hold back my bound-less excitement and said in a curious manner "Really?"

"Yeppers!" said Chow.

Holly was so entranced by the fish, that she stared at them with a longing look, as she stared at them with an excited look.

I stared at them oddly, and then proceeded to rip off their masks, as they struggled and whimpered about their failures.

What's the point of masks anyway if they are just going to beat us up?

The difference in their looks astounded me. Apart from the fish-torso, human-limbed monstrosity, the others had very unique body shapes as well. A few had humannoid bodies but fish heads, and others had four-legs and were built like walls.

When I finally got to the two humans, I paused and took theirs off, revealing a middle-aged man, and a young woman.

James Matel... and Natalie Quin?

I trembled at the sight of them. I could not believe it. Someone I knew was alive. Some of my collegues were alive!

Matel stared angrily at me and was practically fuming "Release us from this rope!"

Quin trembled as she stared at us. One of the fish comforted her.

"Quin and Matel?" I questioned with a excited, but nervous look.

I'm so glad.

I could almost feel tears in my eyes.

To be thrown into such a horrible situation, from my girlfriends cat turning me into her servant, to discovering the destruction and mayhem in the animal hospital. Finally a semblance of something remotely familiar!

"Who are you? A-And how do you k-know our names?" Natalie questioned with a nervous look. The fish creatures seemed to look at us suspiciously when she said that.

"Yeah, who are you guys?" said an angry Matel.

Huh?

"Don't you remember me?! I'm Dave Thompsons!" I said in a frantic voice.

"Uhh.. W-Who are you? I don't know any Dave Thompsons." said a nervous Natalie, as she crowded around the fish.

"Same here!" said Matel gruffly.

You guys don't know me?! I'm your coworker!

I looked at them with an incredulous expression. They seemed to have visible confusion on their faces, as they fumbled about in obvious surprise at their names.

I know I was unpopular at work, but not to this extent! You see my face every, single, day! How do you not know who I am!?

"I am your collegue at the animal hospital, damnit! Am I really that inconspicious?!" I yelled at them in obvious disapointment and anger at my neglectment.

"Hm... I did see that guys face this morning when our owner brought us to work." a fish with golden scales and large lips commented.

Finally! Someone knows I exist! But why does it have to be a gosh-damned fish! A fish remembers me, but his owner doesn't? Arn't fish supposed to have short-term memory loss as well? It seems like the owner has it instead!

"I-I don't know you. But if you know all t-that information about me, you a-are likely my coworker. I am so so sorry." cowered Quin.

"Hmph" mumbled James, but I could tell that he had agreed with Natalie.

Holly looked at them indifferently and said "Tell us why you had attacked us, and also introduce yourselfes"

"Don't ya think that you should introduce yourself before asking us to do it?" spat an annoyed Matel.

"Fine. My name is Holly, and that dumb mutt is Chow. You already know who Dave is. Now tell us who you are." commented Holly.

"M-My name is Natalie Quin, and he is James Matel." Natalie said nervously. "The fish are my old pets, and they are named Goldie, Hot Sauce, Blue, Celery, and Peanut. Their color correspond to their names. The German Shephard is James dog, and is named Cash. " shuddered Natalie.

Talk about a lot of new people.

"Yes, and?" Holly said, while a smirk blossomed onto her face.

"We attacked you guys because it was the most logical thing to do at the time." Matel said as turned his head to the side.

"Y-Yes. We did not know if you guys were h-hostile, so we attacked to get you out of the shop." mumbled Quin. She looked frightened and about to cry but her fish soon comforted her.

However this was interrupted by a distinctly brown figure. Since Quin said their color corresponded to their names, I could relate this one to Peanut.

Peanut had human legs, but also had a fish torso and head, he looked rather odd as he said "Listen here, you better release us! we got things to do, and places to be! I need to help Mrs. Quin here you numbskull freeloaders!" 

Having heard this, Natalie burst into tears crying "P-Peanut-t don't do that! You are r-risking your life Peanut! What if they kill us? I don't want you or the other fish t-to die! I don't wanna die"

Talk about exaggeration. I will not let them - well at least my coworkers, die.

"Don't worry Mrs. Quin! I won't let you die! I will protect you, my dear, with my life." said a dramatic green fish, who should be Celery. The other fish also said words of praise, and oaths to protect to Natalie. Natalie was moved by her fish's actions.

"Shut up fish. Or I will kill you, and your dear Mrs. Quin." Holly muttered "You guys should join me. When I fufill my goal I will be able to protect everyone and everything"

Holly had a proud look on her face as she thought of her ridiculous goal. She chuckled. "I will take over the world one day. When that day comes, I will be able to make all your desires come true." A proud smile bloomed on her face as she proclaimed this impossible statement.


Author's note - I have created too many characters. I regret this decision, three characters so far should fufill my want for characters. But nope I just had to add like eight more.


 

0