11 – Split-Decision.
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Holly's POV


I want to take over the world.

I am Holly, and I will take over the world.

But to do that I need to have power, people, and resources. I need to have everything and more.

Everything I don't have.

If I have only had even one of these things I would be able to become a strong person. I would be able to sit on the top of the food-chain.

But I don't want just that. I want more.

If I had to say which step is most important right now, it would be people.

If I have enough manpower I would be able to take over more. They could give me power, they could give me wealth.

Every single morsel is important. Every cog in the system will move for me.

This principle is universal. It is simple. There is no complicated plan to do this feat. Every single thing, is something that could help me in the future.

It does not matter if it is a loaf of bread or an army. It's all the same to me. If it's bread then I can use it to recruit starving people, thus making an army. If it''s an army, then I can lead them to acquire bread, thus getting a loaf of bread.

What matters is me. I will lead. I will dominate. I will make a world where I lead the masses.

To do that, I will take and plunder whatever this world will offer. I will use it to make a paradise all for me.

Only me. Me alone. Me, Holly.


Dave's POV...


"H-Huh?" stuttered Quin "W-What do you mean?"

"Tch. What do you know you filthy cat, you won't be able to do that." said a dark blue fish, who I assumed to be Blue.

"Yeah, dumb cat. Talk about a dream you can't achieve!" laughed Peanut.

Holly's proud look soon turned to one of determination and anger as she seemed to start to punch Peanut, but the hesitated and slapped him instead.

Peanut was slapped all the way to the food shelfs, and groaned in pain. Natalie rushed over to Peanut and screamed nervously "What was that for?! Y-you are hurting him!" When Peanut heard that, he blushed and turned the other way.

"I could easily kill you. I did not kill you though," Holly said as she pointed to Peanut "because you, can be useful to me. You say I cannot achieve my dream, but I will." Holly had a strong look of determination as she looked down on the two. "I will not tolerate you insulting my ambition. I will achive it, no matter what it takes."

Holly had a frightening glare, as she looked at them. However, they were unyielding as well. The fish started to rush to Natalie's side with a stare that seemed to scream 'We will not let you hurt her!'.

There was something frighting about this scene, but also at the same time, it was also very comedic at the same time. A big cat was cornering fish that were putting their bodies in front of my coworker.

Heh. It's a fish reverse-harem.

I felt like laughing as I thought this, but then Holly's stares brought me back to reality.

Holly's gaze seemed deadly, like it wanted to kill.

I will not let her. No way am I going to let Holly kill people I know.

I started to slowly walk towards Holly, but at the same time, hesitation creeped back inside me.

But what if I die instead? I don't want to die. No way will I die, I rather let them die instead of me. Besides, theres no way Holly will kill them right? Haha they will be fine, Holly isn't that cruel.

I stopped in my tracks and slowly backed away from the scene. I did not want to die, but a sliver of guilt wormed it's way inside of me. 

But what if she is? What if Holly would kill them. Then I would be responsible if they die. But I know that if I interrupt, I would die instead. But I don't want to die. 

I felt like my head was being run over by thousands of trains, their loud rumbling crushing my eardrums. What am I supposed to do? I was torn up by the decision I would make. I did not want to die. Nobody wants to die. But if I just let it happen, I knew that I would be partly responsible for their deaths.

I can just leave them there and then I would be safe. I won't die and instead they will perish. But no, if I do that I would just be a bystander, a coward who just sat there not defending the weak! I can't do that.

My guilt bit at me like a shark who smelled fresh blood. I was torn about this decision. Obviously, the most rational thing to do was to leave them there. But my conscience told me to help them, because thats the absolute right thing to do.

Maybe this is all a dream, and when I wake up, it would be the same as always. Same annoying Shaliqen. Same small Holly. Same normal, ordinary day.

But I knew it was not a dream, and that Holly was right there, with a murderous look in her eyes. 

I need to make a decision.


 

0