13 – Don’t Speak a Word.
12 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave's POV...


Holly flicked Peanut across the room. Once again he bounded across it knocking into a pile of food-stuff. A large red bump protruded out of his forehead.

Huh?

I stood here in shock and surprise as Holly waltzed over back to our group. Quin looked surprised, while Chow looked uncaring. Most of the fish looked thankful while Blue had an indifferent but focused expression, while Celery (The green one) made a dramatic expression as he posed unnecessarily. The unimportant and practically invisible duo with Cash and James, had one looking frightened and the other with an furious expression.

However, on the contrary to these negitive expressions, Holly looked gleeful, as she waved her hand and beamed a radient smile that filled the whole room. Her whiskers went upwards, while her eyes creased into a crescent moon. Despite that however, her eyes sparkled with a glint of malicious intent, which made her smile look devilish.

She winked, she then exclaimed "Just kidding."

Why not? Why did she not kill him? This isn't what she usually does.

I sighed in resignation and relief. The previous tension seemed to melt away from my body, as if it wasn't there in the first place.

At least they are not dead. At least I am still alive.

Natalie and the others still had their looks of shock plastered on their faces. Quin soon snapped out of her dazed state, and rushed towards Peanut.

"P-Peanut! Are you okay!?" Natalie cried out as she looked at Peanut. She looked over at him and determined that he was unconscious. 

"T-This is all that damn cat's faul-" Matel growled but Cash put his arms around Matels mouth and looked at him in a annoyed, and angry manner. When Matel struggled against Cash's hands, Cash whispered into James ear. Cash sneaked glances at Holly while he whispered, his voice so quiet that no one except for Matel could hear.

Although he did not let anyone hear, we could all tell what he was saying.

"Don't provoke her. Say the wrong word and you will get hurt. That 'damn cat' you are talking about, is one decision away from killing you."

A strange silence filled the room. It all went down too quick, with Holly smiling from to ear to ear while all of us stared at her and Peanut in shock, from Holly's sudden outburst. It all felt so surreal, so bizarre. It felt like we were all characters in a book with all these ridiculous situations piling on one by one.

But this is reality.

"So. Are you guys going to join me to achieve my goal?" Holly's words broke the ice in the room, however it still felt as if the temperature dropped to a freezing cold. Hearing that voice, free of all worries, added an ominous mood to the room. However that mood was broken when the others reacted to Holly's statement.

She's crazy! She's totally 100% crazy. I know cats are insane creatures, but this is on a whole other level!

"N-n, Y-Yes" Natalie mumbled. However, she looked reluctant to say it. Most of the fish said something like "Wherever Natalie goes I will follow!" or "I will follow Quin, wherever." however, a few of them expressed their displeasure but still, in the end had agreed.

"A-Are you guys sure about t-this?" Hotsauce (red fish) squeaked "W-We could be in danger!"

"It might be perilious, but I, Celery will do my all for Miss Quin!" Celery exclaimed proudly.

Cash nodded silently, and beckoned Matel to do the same. Helplessly, James Matel conceded and nodded as well "Fine."

I sighed at the sight of my collegues and their former pets. I then looked over at Holly trying to think what I should do for the future.

I must not remain with Holly. From this display alone, I know she could protect me, but at the same time she is borderline crazy, and will likely attack me if I display hostile intentions or just make a single mistake. Right now I am literally doing hand stands on a thin rope on a very high cliff. I will wait until I get my chance. Then I will make my move.

 "Alright then." Holly let out another dazzling smile "I suppose I should do a orientation speech for the newbies on my crew." Holly chuckled as she said this.

"Anyway, you all know this already, but I will say it again. I want to take over the world." Holly gaze was full of pure ambition as she said "And of course, all of you are going to help me accomplish that."

Natalie shuddered.

"I will make you do hard labour, I will make you kill, and do despicable things. You will utterly hate me for it. I won't judge that. Anyway, just to make sure, any quitters?" Holly declared.

We all don't want to follow you. It's just that if we don't we die. Why ask for quitters?

"No?" Holly teased and then said "Well then, here's my next steps for my conquest..."


Don't mind this, this is just testing the author's note function.

0