18 – Wealth, Riches and Luxury!
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Natalie's POV...


I was surrounded by my former fish. Red, gold, green, brown and blue. Many colors filled my sight as I pondered around in the shopping mall.

These were my former pet fish I had taken care of, for my grandparents before they passed away. But now for some reason, they have somewhat mutated and gained wills of their own.

After the bloodbath in the animal hospital, I met up with Matel and his German Shephard and fled. Later we had made a base of a convenience store and had used it for about a day, before Holly and someone who claimed to be my coworker(Dave) showed up. 

We had debated attacking them. But while I did not want to, others did and we carried out a plan to ambush them in their sleep. However, we were ambushed instead and forced to follow Holly.

After that, ...well here we are. Holly has her ridiculous plan in mind, and has planned out even more crazy plans for usto execute.

Naturally, when we arrived at the mall and when Holly had let us split up, and I wasn't going to help her with her plan. So I went off on my own to do what I wanted. 

Holly is totally crazy. You can't reason with crazy.

But I was not about to escape. Not for now, as Holly seems useful to my survival. Right now, in this kind of crazy situation, only pea-brained idiots would want to do that. 

...

So here I am. Also for some reason the fish I had owned are following me. 

They seem to exhibit signs of admiration, and even signs of love to me. It's a very surreal experience, especially when they were regular fish just the other day. 

Supposedly, they believe that I am so weak and that I need them to do everything for me. When I realized this, I almost burst out in laughter, I mean although I may not look it, I had practiced martial arts since I was nine.

I don't blame them though. Whenever I talk, I always manage to stutter and I also look like a frightened rabbit 24/7. I hate that about myself. Plus when Holly came along I was pretty scared, with her threats and violence which made me give off an even more timid aura.

With those fortuitous events, and some pretending on my own part, I have somehow managed to give everyone an impression of a timid Natalie Quin. Even my coworkers believed my act!

Anyhow, I have now acquired five loyal servants, likely in response for the horrible treatment I had to endure for the past two days. I have realized they are relatively useful. I can get everything I want as long as the requests aren't too hard, and they can serve me well.

It's absolutely perfect. Completely different to the from two days ago who didn't even have a boyfriend.

But, I must not get ahead of myself now. Because if I get too outrageous that would endanger my safety, and create a risk of losing my precious servants, and I don't want that. So I will keep my act going. My servants are likely attracted to my timid cute always-need-protection quality. So I will act like the timid Natalie everyone has imagined.

After daydreaming for a while, I started to walk around inside of the first floor of the mall. It had nobody inside it, with not a single security guard and clothes and jewels lying around unprotected, and that meant everything was free!

The expensive clothes and beautiful fur jackets, that I could not afford unless I used my whole months rent! Those silky purses and those smooth pearl necklaces! Right now life is so perfect!

I had a large smile on as I bathed in all the things I had longed for before, but could never have.

But now they are all mine.

"I think this necklace would look good on you!" The now awake Peanut said as he smiled.

"Um - I think this coat would look good too!" Goldie exclaimed lovingly.

"You can't compare to these rocks. You are more beautiful than any of these jewels combine!" Celery yelled.

I tried on the coat and the necklace at the same time. Although this new environment was desolate it seemed to me that there was only joy and happiness present at the moment. 

Life is bliss.

I smiled sweetly and exclaimed in a quiet voice, "Yes! It's really beautiful! I love both of them! Thank you all!"

If this is the end of the world, then this is just the beginning for me!

I spoiled myself in riches, luxury and wealth. The future is bright! The world is celebrating me!

I smiled joyfully as I looked on at the many bags piled up, being held by my precious fish. 

This world! It's perfect for me!

I gazed at my loving servants, even the monstrosity named Peanut looked cute to me at that moment.

 I am so happy that this apocalypse has come! It should have come sooner!

I let loose an adoring smile as I thought about the possiblities that would await me, in this beautiful catastrophe.


I am going to make the update schedule every Monday and Wednesday. Working on Fridays is a no-no, it's a crime to my conscience.

0