19 – Chance! New Plan!
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Dave's POV...


I followed Holly all the way to the hardware store, and Holly then started to scan the cabinets and shelfs for her long awaited walkie-talkies. I, of course got dragged around with her as she looked around for the product she needed.

I grumbled internally, as I watched her enthusiastic actions. She had a happy look on her face as she continued on her crusade, taking products we would probably never need as her large bag filled up quickly.

When it was full, Holly took a large bunch of backpacks and stocked those with more goods. To be honest, what she was stockpiling now was pretty useless to your average layman. The people who actually used these kinds of tools normally specialized in using them for their respective jobs.

"..."

Holly was the layman of laymen in this case. As she was a cat, she was not supposed to know this kind of stuff.

But she took them anyway.

I got a headache after thinking of what she going to use them for, and why she was stockpiling them. I sighed and started to help her with her endeavor.

I scanned the shelfs and I saw what we were looking for, a walkie-talkie. I sighed in exhaustion, and then called for Holly to come.

"HEY! I FOUND THEM!" I yelled at Holly, somewhat getting rid of my pent-up exhaustion and anger at her antics.

Holly's ears perked up and she walked her way towards me, and then looked at the walkie-talkie in my hands. Sehe then put on a pleased smile and snatched it away from me. She then took up several more packages and dumped them into one of her many looted backpacks.

Inside my mind, I rolled my eyes at Holly. Then she turned her head, and put on a condescending expression as she looked back at me.

Great. What's the deal this time?

"Okay, good job. Now go away." Holly gazed at me and did a motion with her hands that mimicked shooing off a pet. 

The temperature of the room suddenly hit a new, all-time low.

She must think of me as a pet, doesn't she?

I cringed, and forgetting my previous fear in a moment of anger, I rebutted back "You go shoo, you dumb cat."

Immediately, I regretted that moment's impulse when I insulted her back. But as much as I feared her seemingly supernatural power, I wasn't going to take my words back.

Holly stared back at me, and put on a horribly frighting expression. I was scared, but her actions in these past two days, told me that she was likely not going to rip my guts out from this one small insult.

But that did not mean that I was going to get off scot-free. She got up real close to my face, and I could feel my sweat dripping down. 

She punched me and I slid towards the ground. Thankfully, she did not use too much strength, like she did with Peanut, but that punch still hurt like hell.

Damnit. 

I clenched my fist, as I slowly struggled to get up. I gritted my teeth and gazed at Holly's ugly feline face. I should have known not to do what I did. It's always been like this, she could never be reasoned with. Not now and not in the future.

I walked unsteadily, and trembled in pain, but I bared with it and continued walking the other way.

Holly muttered in a sorrowful tone "Tch... How pitiful." I looked back at her once more, only to see a mocking smile on her face as she crossed her arms casually with her tail nodding up and down.

I glared hatefully at her, and limped my way out of the room with a disprited expression, but with eyes burning with the flames of anger.

In my rage, I stumbled around into a room, that had a large sign with the words "STAFF ONLY." printed in big, bold letters. It was already open, so I went ahead and limped in.

It was a security booth, and the room had traces of use, although the original security was not present. I looked around in a dazed state after what happened. I slumped over in a chair that was lying there, and swept my gaze across the room.

It was clear that after what had happened with the animals, that sercurity were in panic, as there were small weapons scattered across the messy room. 

This woke me up from my dazed state.

I examined each weapon as I held them thoughtfully in my hands. 

There was a baton, a tazer, some pepper spray and a whole lot of other stuff. A slight tingle of excitement made it's way into my head.

This will prove very useful! I can use these to defend myself and possibly escape!

I grinned like a child who just got their favorite candy as I stuffed them in my bag for safe-keeping. But then I saw a shiny metal glint out of the corner of my eye.

A gun...

I smiled maliciously.


I have recently reread my novel and realized how crappy it is. So I am thinking of rewriting this novel. Also I am sorry for the no update on Wedensday, for the few people who are reading this if you care. I was getting laz- I mean I had summer homework. Yeah haha... summer homework.

0