Chapter 42: Giving up so early?
14.9k 27 343
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...this isn't a school field trip, you know."

"Who the heck do you think you are?" - Ino

"Name's Kabuto. So what? You kids need to open your eyes."

While Kabuto talked to them, Eiji signaled his teammates to get out of the center of attention, but when they managed to distance themselves from there, they were stopped by Tenten.

"..." - Tenten

"Jo, what's up Tenten? How you doin??" - Eiji

"What's up?! Why didn't you tell me that you would take the exam too?"

"Hey Tenten, you know him?" - Lee

"Yes...he is something like a childhood friend of mine..."

Neji glared at every member of Eiji's team, but in his eyes, none of them looked strong, so he lost quickly his interest.

"Well you see, we just got back from a long mission yesterday, and then today is the exam, so I didn't have any time..."

"But didn't we come back a week ago?" - Kotaru

'THIS IDIOT!' - Eiji

"Ehm, you see, this guy here is Kotaru and he loves to joke ar -"

Before he could finish, everyone's attention was drawn to Naruto yelling, how his name is Naruto Uzumaki and that no one will beat him.

"Kid's got some life in him, maybe you went too easy on him, Lee." - Neji

"Anyway, it was nice to see you again Tenten, but we should -"

Eiji was interrupted by the noise of the Oto-nin attacking Kabuto.

'Damn why am I currently interrupted nonstop?!'

"Lee, what did that look like to you?" - Neji

"Kabuto saw through the attack...so there must have been something else to it, some trick they used to make him sick." - Lee

Eiji was in the mood to flaunt a bit so he said: "It's easy, this Otogakure guy used sound waves while swinging his arm to attack. Because the sound-waves messed with the liquid in his ears, Kabuto felt nauseous and vomited."

"!"

'How did this guy analyze it in such a short time?! Maybe I underestimated him...' - Neji

"Would everyone please just shut up?!"

Suddenly Ibiki appeared with a group of proctors.

"Anyway, looks like the test is about to start, so see ya!"

Eiji and his team went to sit on vacant seats.

"Hey Tenten, you said you know him? Can you tell me who he is?" - Neji

"You mean Eiji? Well, to be honest, I personally think he is probably stronger than even you Neji...he is one of Konoha's best kenjutsu users despite his age..."

'Stronger than Neji?' - Lee made a dark expression.

But they had to stop their thoughts and concentrate on Ibiki explaining the contents of the first test.

 

...

"..." - Ibiki

The written test started and everyone started to try to answer some of the questions, while some already seen through the farce and started to cheat.

Then there were others who cheated too obviously and were disqualified.

But there was a trio that just sat there and did nothing.

Two of them, the one with glasses and the girl looked at the sheets, and after seemingly being convinced of something they stopped looking at it and just sat there waiting for something.

And the other one of them didn't even turn the sheets around and just took a soft-drink out and began to drink it nonchalantly!

'If they are giving up already and lost all hope to even try, why don't they just leave?'

Ibiki was a bit annoyed but decided to just ignore them.

But then the boy who held a sword had an accident and the soft drink fell over and completely soaked the sheets wet - they were unusable now!

"Oh man, I didn't bring another can with me...I'm still thirsty..."

Everyone was stressed out about the test, so normally one not being able to write on his sheets anymore would be a nightmare, but he didn't care at all!

"..."

Some of the other participants glared at him angrily but then decided that they should rather use the time for the test and started to ignore him.

But he started to draw on the table with a bored expression.

'WHY IS HE EVEN HERE???...calm down Ibiki, getting so worked up isn't like you...anyway, it's about time for the real test.'

"Get ready for the tenth question! And before we get to the question itself...I'm adding one more new rule."

While Ibiki explained everything, many people got worked up like Kiba for example who started to shout at him and complained.

Ibiki:" Just your rotten luck. I wasn't making the rules in past years...."

 He used it as a chance to increase the mental pressure with his answer.

After that people started to give up one after another: "I quit! I'm rejecting the question...Genna!! Inaho!! Please forgive me!"

"I quit too!"

"I'm sorry guys..."

Many people started to quit, letting their teammates fail as well.

Eiji got up as well and stretched his arm.

'What the hell Eiji? Everything went exactly as you told us..why are you doing this???' Kotaru

'?' - Arina

'It was obvious that those three would quit, considering they didn't even try to answer the questions before...' - Ibiki

"Excuse me, do you guys have some tee? I'm kinda thirsty..."

"..."

Ibiki smashed his fist into the blackboard behind him.

 

The last chapters were all a bit gloomy and dramatic, so here is a chapter where Eiji trolls around a bit.

 

 

 

 

343