Chapter 43: Passing the first test
15.2k 28 355
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After smashing his fist into the blackboard, there was complete silence in the room.

No one dared to make any noise.

But contrary to everyone's expectations, Ibiki formed a small smile and said: "Sure, we can't have our participants die of thirst."

He then nodded to one proctor, who then disappeared and appeared with a can of green ice tea which he placed at Eiji's table.

'I honestly didn't expect to really get some tea...I'm not really thirsty...but declining now would be a bit too much...'

"Uhm...thanks..." - Eiji

Of all the participants, he was currently the only one knowing that Ibiki had somewhat of a soft side, but he didn't expect him to really give him something to drink.

But Ibiki, who was a master of human psychology, did the unexpected thing to confuse his "enemy" and to get the psychological advantage!

After that Eiji stopped his trolling and just kept silent.

'Hehehe, brat you still have much to learn...' - Ibiki

This year's exam, where many promising and clever Genin participated, many could see through the meaning of Ibiki's action, which in turn intensified the pressure which they faced.

Because of that, more people left than in the original timeline.

Of course, there were people like Naruto who were oblivious, but he was currently occupied with his own inner turmoil.

More people left.

But Naruto then started to shout suddenly, that he wouldn't quit and even if he failed, he would still become Hokage.

So things still played out like they were supposed to, so Ibiki said that everyone who was still there passed.

Then he started to explain his reasoning for his weird test.

"You've passed the first hurdle. Part one of the chunin selection exam is now concluded. I'll pray you fight the good fight!" - Ibiki

"Yeah, You do that! Go pray!" - Naruto

'Ho ho...what an entertaining kid...' - Ibiki

Suddenly there was a sound of a window breaking, and Anko appeared: "None of you are in any position to celebrate. I am the second chief examination officer...Mitarashi Anko!! Time's a wastin, people. Let's go!!"

"..."  - everyone

"Can't you see the mood in here?" - Ibiki

"This new officer almost reminds me...of Naruto." - Sakura

...

Everyone left except Ibiki, who was collecting the written exams.

'Huh, he's the kind of person who thinks he can pass the exam...with a completely blank answer sheet. Uzumaki Naruto...is a very intriguing young man.' - he said that while smiling.

Then next he saw the blank sheets of Eiji and his teammates.

This time he broke out in complete laughter.

'...I didn't know their names till now...I see, so those a Hayate's brats? He really found himself some funny ones...HAHAHA'

He kept laughing while thinking of his former teammate Hayate and the pranks his student did in today's exam.

'...maybe I should think about leading a Genin-team too...'

 

"Eiji, your insider information really saved me there...I honestly think I would have quit there if I didn't know..." - Arina was whispering to Eiji while Anko was telling them about the forest of death.

Then Kotaru joined in as well: "Yeah it really saved me as well. By the way, do you have some insider information for thi - WHAT THE!"

While he was whispering, Anko threw a Kunai at Naruto and licked the blood of his wound, which disturbed many.

But this wasn't everything, now even some weirdo gave her the kunai she threw with his long-ass tongue (definitely not Orochimaru).

Anyway, nothing dangerous happened and Anko gave everyone consent forms to sign.

She then started to explain the second exam.

...

"...You have 120 hours in which to complete this exam - exactly five days!" - Anko

"Five days?!" - Ino

"What are we supposed to do about food?!" - Choji

"That's your problem. The forests are full of nature's bounty. Of course, they're also full man-eating animals, deadly insects, and poisonous plants."

"EVERYONE LISTEN!!!"

Kotaru panicked: "Eiji what are you doing? Why are you suddenly shout - "

Everyone's gazes turned towards him, but Eiji just smiled and took a scroll out.

Suddenly a big sack of food rations appeared.

"I sell some food rations, each for only 5000 ryo..."

"What? 5000? What a ripoff..." - some random mob.

"This kid is really, dumb. We just have to target him in the forest and take all the -"

"Thanks for buying."

"CHOJI!!! WHY DID YOU BUY EVERYTHING??!!!" - Ino

 

So I have a cold now - in summer. It feels really nasty and concentrating is hard. Since I didn't want to have too many days without chapters,  I kinda squeezed that one. So sorry, if the quality isn't that great, if it's too bad I will redo it. Anyway, if there won't be chapters in the next 2 days or so, you know why. But don't worry about this going on hiatus or something: the "real" story just started, and I have many things I'm hyped about writing - so that definitely won't happen!

 

 

 

 

 

355