Chapter 44: Barbecue
14.6k 28 347
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'This brat not only interrupted me, but he is even shamelessly selling stuff in front of me!'

Anko was smiling dangerously, while she was about to explode.

But she tried to hold herself back while saying to Eiji: "You really have some balls pissing of the chief examination officer...good - since you will need it in the forest..."

"EVERYONE, I ALSO SELL FIRST-AID KITS!!!" - Eiji

...

Anko appeared in front of him with a fist.

She wanted to smash his stupid face till he begs for mercy!

But she never thought he would block it with his sword sheath.

Even though as a Tokubetsu Jonin (eng. Special Jonin) her speed is nothing to scoff at, in Eiji's opinion she was slightly slower than Hayate.

For Kenjutsu user, technique and speed are the most important things.

And since Hayate trained Eiji, when it comes to speed, he was one of the fastest of all the genin's currently here.

Because when it comes to physical training, Hayate only needed to train him in terms of speed.

It's not like Lee, who in addition to speed needs to train his strength as well, to perform his Taijutsu.

Currently, Eiji's speed was similar to Lee's without the weights.

But that's only his normal speed.

If he has time to prepare and accelerate his chakra, he can dash out like a bullet.

Anyway, Anko was surprised that a Genin could block her attack.

The surrounding Genin's were also surprised since not long ago Naruto couldn't even react to her attack.

"Hooo not bad...anyway I think its better to stop wasting time and start the test already." - Anko

She stopped attacking him and just wanted to get away from this annoying troll as fast as possible.

"All right, everyone, follow your proctors to your respective gates! When the signal sounds in half an hour, the exam will begin!" - Anko

"Honestly...what is he doing..." - Tenten had an unhappy and a bit worried expression.

'Eiji Nakamura...' - Neji

 

"I honestly feel this bloody test is a bit too much...it means that half of all the teams will die..." - Arina

"Yeah, but I think we should be fine, no one looked nearly as strong as the guy we fought in our last mission..." Kotaru

Team eleven was waiting for the start of the test when every gate was suddenly simultaneously opened by the proctors.

All Genin dashed straight into the forest to get a possible head start.

Being faster than the other teams gives the advantage of scouting the forest while also possibly laying ambushes, so no team wanted to waste time.

Except for one team.

"Hey Eiji, shouldn't we hurry up or something?" - Kotaru

"Jo chill, what's the hurry anyway? We have 5 days to complete this, why waste energy on useless stuff?" - Eiji

"But the other teams will have the advantage and can lay ambushes. Furthermore, there will be fewer teams as time goes one, so getting a scroll will be harder..." - Arina

"Yeah, but this is exactly what I want though...the strong teams will get their scrolls fast, while the leftover teams will be easy targets...furthermore right now with some many teams battling it is probably really chaotic for the first few hours and I don't wanna deal with that!" - Eiji

"You are always trying to achieve things half-assed...if we end up not getting a scroll it will be entirely your fault..." - Kotaru

"That's kinda rude...anyway let's walk along the fence and find a place to set up our camp...no team would return to the gates, that's why those are the safest places..." . Eiji

Even though Arina and Kotaru were dissatisfied with his plan and approach, they didn't say anything and followed him, since so far his plans all worked out.

 

"..."

Anko was sitting on a roof outside the fence and was just about to eat her lunch when a group of Genin walked along the fence in her direction.

It was the team of the annoying troll from earlier.

When he saw her, he told his teammates that this would be a good place for whatever they planned.

All teams should be moving deeper into the forest, so to her, their actions were nonsensical.

She wondered even if they wanted to quit, but then remembered that the boy with the sword should be fairly strong.

Anyway, she wanted to eat her lunch, so she stopped paying attention to them and started to eat her Dango rice dumplings and Oshiruko bean soup.

"EIJI?! WHY ARE YOU SETTING A BARBECUE UP?!" - Kotaru

When Anko heard that, she turned to them to look and saw how Eiji summoned a full outdoor barbecue set with tables and so on from a scroll.

"WHAT THE -"

"Hey chief examination officer, you wanna join us for barbecue?" - Eiji

 

So with this chapter, I'm now really back. I really felt that I didn't write for some time, but compared to my first chapters I still think this should be decent enough...anyway sorry for the wait.

 

 

 

347