Chapter 45: Plan ruined!
14.4k 29 316
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When Anko heard that, even though she smiled, her whole face twitched.

She wanted nothing more than to go in and smack his face until you could call it modern art.

Of course, she wasn't allowed to do such things as the chief examination officer, but because of her personality, she would have done it anyway if a Konoha shinobi didn't appear who shouted: "Terrible news, lady Anko!!!"

"What is it?" - Anko

"Dead bodies! Three of them..."

"Dead bodies?!" - Anko

"Dead and very weird. Please come see for yourself!"

She disappeared with the shinobi, leaving team eleven with their barbecue alone.

 

"..." - Kotaru

"Why do make such a face? You know, it's a barbecue, you should enjoy yourself. I also have some soft drinks..." - Eiji

While his teammates had an awkward barbecue, surrounded by noises of fighting and screams, Eiji thought: 'So it's almost time... let's finish the steak first though.'

His plan was actually to go to Anko after her fight with Orochimaru, to get a favor from her after helping her with her injuries!

But even though he is pretty strong for a Genin, when it comes to scouting he is absolutely terrible.

His teammates also don't excel in scouting.

So the easiest way is to observe Anko.

Since the start of this test, he was searching for her chakra, and the possibility was high that she would still be at one of the gates.

Of course, his plan wasn't bulletproof, since she now just left to investigate the bodies - the ones Orochimaru killed and took their identities.

But at least he knows now that the fight should happen pretty soon.

Finding someone is much easier if you know when the target is active than just randomly guess where and when.

Now he only has to guess where.

After finishing his steak he told his teammates: "Jo, nature's calling. Defend my barbecue-equipment until I'm back!"

It seemed logical, so they could only do as he told them.

But he didn't need to pee or poop - in truth he just didn't want to share Anko's favor with them!

If he is the only one who popes out with a first aid kit and some cold beer when she is injured, of course, she would be grateful.

When he asks her to return the favor in the future, he is going to ask her to teach him the snake summoning jutsu.

With that, he could learn sage mode!

His original plan was to be just decently strong and then desert to live a quiet and happy life, but it doesn't hurt to get stronger just in case.

Of course, he could also ask Naruto in the future to teach him the toad summoning jutsu, but too much dangerous stuff will happen at the time Naruto already learned it, and Eiji wants to desert before being involved in all that jazz.

Anyway, since he sucked at scouting, he summoned a shadow clone, which would walk in front of him, so that if he would trigger some kind of trap, his clone would see the other side instead of him.

Since he didn't know where she was, he just moved in the direction where it was the loudest.

It was already dusk, so most teams stopped their fighting to prepare for the night, so there weren't many fights going on.

At the second fight, he could see snake attacks from afar.

'Bingo...'

He searched for a spot at the top of a tree to observe better, but it suddenly went quiet.

'Did they finish already?...WAIT! If Orochimaru comes randomly in my direction and sees that I observed them, he will probably kill me...I should just pretend like I'm randomly here and that I didn't notice them. Then he should think I'm an insignificant insect to him or something so he just ignores me!'

Instead of climbing the tree, he started to pee.

'Yeah, being alone and away from my team to piss should be the least suspicious thing to do!'

While he was peeing, he heard the bush he was peeing on rustling.

Eiji first thought he peed on an animal.

But instead, it was a person crawling out: this person looked like she had a high fever and pushed her hand on what looked like a mark on her neck.

Anko saw Eiji and was clearly not happy receiving his golden shower.

'Oh no! My plan is ruined!'

 

I know Anko is a bit weird for licking Naruto's blood, but I don't think she has that kind of a fetish...

316