Chapter 48: Thirst for each other
15k 40 342
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

No matter what just happened, they still got both the heaven and earth scrolls now, which means they just have to enter the tower to pass the second test!

When they entered the building there was no one here.

The only noticeable thing was a giant scroll on the wall.

"Hey this thing talks about heaven stuff..." - Kotaru

"Since the scrolls are named heaven and earth scrolls I guess it refers to the scroll." - Arina

Eiji didn't say anything and just opened both scrolls: one with his mouth, the other with his hands.

When smoke started to appear, he threw them on the ground.

"Hey, why is there smoke coming -"

Kotaru stopped talking when they could make out the silhouette of a person.

"Congrats for passing the second round!"

A chunin they didn't know appeared.

He looked like he wanted to continue talking, but when he saw the state of Eiji, he was stunned.

'What the...is this boy a pervert or something? Why is he walking only in his underwear? And what's wrong with his face?'

"Uhm...I appreciate your congratulations, but I think I still don't know whats going on." - Arina

The Chunin stopped his thoughts and started to act professionally: "Sorry I got lost in thoughts. Anyway, those scrolls contained a summoning spell, so that we Chunin could greet the applicants at the end of the second exam..."

He then started to explain the meaning of the message on the wall.

"...so since Chunin are responsible for leading their team, they need to possess both strength and intelligence."

"Yeah that kinda makes sense..." - Kotaru

"Ah, I forgot, since you passed it only on the second day, you have some time to relax until the end of the fifth day. So now I will leave you to yourselves. Good luck for the future tests!"

"Thank you sir/shir!"

 

For the others, things played out as they were supposed to, with the only difference being, that Choji was carrying a giant sack of food with him and Anko being in a worse state compared to the original timeline since she activated the curse mark.

Because of that, when she returned, she let Hiruzen treat her curse mark much instantly.

After that, she passed out for 2 days.

On the 5th day, when she woke up she was told that 24 applicants passed and that they would need to hold preliminary rounds for the 3rd test.

When she heard that she rushed instantly out, not noticing that she still wore Eiji's clothes.

 

During the days waiting, Eiji's face healed.

Unfortunately, he still lacked clothes.

He hoped to ask Hayate to get him some clothes, but like all the other Sensei of their respective teams, they only arrived on the 5th day.

So he was standing only in his underwear with the other Genin, while the Hokage and the Jonin were there as well, waiting for Anko.

Hayate was worried about his students, but when he finally saw them again, he didn't expect to see Eiji like that: 'What is he doing this time?'

The other Genin also looked at him with varying thoughts.

Some thought he is a pervert, some that he is a weirdo, and his former classmates who knew of his bad luck though,t how bad his luck was this time to end up like that.

Anyway, Anko suddenly appeared and in her usual loud voice she said: "Congratulations to you all...on passing the second exam!"

"Hey Eiji, why is she wearing your clothes?" - Kotaru

When she heard that, Anko's face turned red: 'I HAVE FORGOTTEN TO CHANGE THE CLOTHES!!!'

Unfortunately for her, Kotaru said that loudly, so all the Genin, Jonin, and Hiruzen heard that.

Everyone was confused but also intrigued by what happened.

Even the "cool" Genin like Gaara, Neji, and Sasuke paid attention to it.

They never thought they would end up witnessing such a bizarre situation: the chief examination officer wearing the clothes of an applicant!

Anko was dumbfounded and was not able to respond.

So everyone's eyes gathered on Eiji.

Eiji noticed that and thought: ' Hmm, that kind of attention is troublesome, so let's say something to turn the attention on Anko instead!'

He did a fake cough and then said: "You see Kotaru...when a man and a woman are attracted to each other, it may start with only a kiss. But if a kiss isn't enough to quell the thirst they have for each other, they -"

When she heard the nonsense he was blabbing, she activated her curse mark again.

 

So next chapters, the fights will start. Because of that, I will take 2 days off to really plan out all the fights and parings. Of course, I could just do the fights like in the original and just add somehow Eiji's team to that, but that would be lazy and boring. So see you on Tuesday again!

342