Chapter 49: Outta here
14.5k 26 300
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Orochimaru sensed how Anko's curse mark was activating.

He was joyful because it will end up probably in an interesting situation.

Meanwhile, Sasuke's curse mark was reacting to it as well: "Urgh!"

Sasuke held his neck with a painful expression.

"SASUKE!" - Sakura

Hiruzen sensed that this could end up in a really ugly situation, so he used a non-powerful Genjutsu to calm Anko down.

She regained her clarity and muttered softly thanks to him.

Her curse mark was already deactivating.

Hiruzen did a fake cough and said: "I think there must be some sort of a misunderstanding. Why don't you explain what happened, Anko?"

He threw her a lifesaving life jacket - she now had the chance to save her reputation!

She might not only lose respect from her Jonin colleagues because she allegedly slept with an applicant as the chief examination officer, she may also end up being labeled as a shotacon!

Fortunately, the jutsu from Hiruzen was still in effect, so she had a clear head and started to come up with an explanation.

Of course, she wouldn't mention that she was peed on...she would rather be labeled as a shotacon instead of being known for being peed on.

"Yes, Lord Hokage! You see, I was on a secret mission in the forest as we discussed earlier and since it was highly dangerous I got wounded. Luckily this "friendly" (she really emphasized this word) boy was in the vicinity and helped me. Since my clothes were full of poison, I got rid of them, and seeing a lady like me without clothes, he gave me "voluntarily" his clothes. What he told earlier was just a joke. That's all!"

Most Konoha Jonin gathered here already knew about Orochimaru appearing, so her colleagues fully believed her.

But there was a certain Genin, who adamantly kept pushing his "story".

"That's rude, chief examination officer. I never joke. I'm known throughout the whole village as a paragon of compassion and truthfulness - people say that I even outshine the Buddha!"

Anko started to smile dangerously, she was at her limit even with Hiruzen's jutsu calming her down.

"Koff, I think you had enough fun, Eiji. If you continue to waste everyone's time, it will reflect badly on our village, especially since Lord Hokage wants to start explaining about the third exam. And make sure to apologize to Anko later!"

"...yes, Hayate-sensei."

The one who diffused the situation was Hayate, and after being told by him, Eiji couldn't continue with his shameless act.

Many of the other Genin saw Hayate for the first time and thought that he looks sick and if he is alright.

Orochimaru licked his lips: 'A shame. Could have been a really interesting show if Anko's and Sasuke's curse marks ran wild...'

Hiruzen started to explain about the underlying purpose of the chunin exams, like how they are miniature wars and how they show the village's military strengths, and so on.

While he explained, Eiji kept silent since he didn't want to draw even more attention.

It was really hard though since he was the only one standing there only in his underwear.

Nevertheless, he kept a serious face and had a confident posture, which made him look even more ridiculous.

Anyway, when Hiruzen finished his talk, a Jonin Eiji didn't recognize appeared.

It was a plain-looking woman, with a scatterbrained expression.

"Uhm, Lord Hokage, uhmm can you leave the rest to me? I think it should save some time?"

"Go ahead." - Hiruzen

Shen then started to explain, how there were too many teams who passed this time and that they would need to cut down the numbers before the third exam.

But Eiji didn't listen to her, instead, he was preoccupied with his own thoughts: 'Looks like because Hayate-sensei is here as our team-leader to watch us, a random mob took his place. Of course, best case scenario would be that she would die instead of him, even though it is evil of me to think like that. But I won't try to save someone I don't know, when I need to fight Gaara, Kabuto, and this Sand Dude at the same time - it would be just suicide. However, I can't exclude the possibility of Hayate-sensei being there and dying like he is supposed to, so I should still proceed with my plan...'

"Well, I'm outta here."

"WHAT?! K-Kabuto...?!" - Naruto

 

I know I said I would start yesterday, and I know I said there will be double chapters...I think you are tired of my excuses by now so just know that I'm sorry and that I try my best to double chapters for the next days.

 

 

 

 

300