Chapter 54: Tenten vs Temari
14.1k 23 317
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hey look, it's your friend's turn, Eiji." - Kotaru

'Well, looks like Tenten's opponent is the same...'

While Tenten went down towards the stage, when she looked at Eiji for a second, she saw him signaling her something.

After concentrating on it, she saw that he pointed at his sword.

'Why is he telling me to use a sword?'

She reached the stage while still being lost in thought.

"YEAH, TENTEN! GO!!" - Lee was cheering loudly.

"Uhm, the match starts! - scatterbrained Jonin

When Tenten heard that, she stopped being lost in thought and distanced herself into long-range.

Temari smiled smugly and said: "Let me just tell you, once I start my attack, it'll be over in a second."

"Well, I won't hold back." - with that Tenten jumped into the air and threw a handful of shuriken.

Without wasting any time she started throwing kunais and shuriken.

But they all missed.

'Hah, that's why I signaled her to go into melee range. Temari is a monster when it comes to long-range.' - Eiji

Tenten still had her spirit and jumped into the air again: this time she used a scroll to summon all kinds of throwing weapons while spinning.

But they all missed again.

Meanwhile, Temari opened her fan slightly:" This is the first moon. There are two more. When the third moon appears, you will lose."

When she heard that Tenten smiled: "Is that so?"

'I finally understand what Eiji wanted, he meant that I have no chance at long range and should use a melee weapon. But winning like that would be boring, right?'

She took out two scrolls, placed them on the floor, and started to use hand seals.

"Is she already going to use is?" - Guy

"Rising Twin Dragons!" - she jumped into the air again and started to throw even more weapons.

They were all blow away again.

"Come on, Tenten. Stop playing arou -" - Eiji wanted to shout towards her but stopped.

Because something unexpected happened.

One of the weapons she threw was actually herself transformed.

A shadow clone was actually the one using Rising Twin Dragons.

After the minuscule time where Temari wasn't focused after blowing the weapons away, Tenten stopped the transformation and charged at her with a katana.

Temari was hit badly, but she endured the pain and while jumping backward she swung her fan.

Tenten didn't have any time to dodge and was hit by a cutting whirlwind.

'Tsk, looks like she missed her only chance, now Tenten lost. That's why I signaled her to charge at her instantly, to not give Temari any time to open her fan.' - Eiji

The whirlwind catapulted Tenten into the air and started to slice at her.

When the whirlwind subsided, Tenten was falling down.

But Temari was already below her and let her fall on her giant fan, knocking her out.

"I honestly have to praise you, didn't think you would be able to injure me." - Temari

Compared to the original timeline, this time she acknowledged Tenten and didn't disrespect and ridicule her.

She then vanished and appeared next to her team.

Guy rushed to Tenten and said towards a worrying Lee: "Don't worry, she was only knocked out and doesn't have any serious injuries."

 

"Well, looks like you underestimated your opponent and had to pay." - Kankuro looked at her injury.

"Hmph, some of those Konoha-nins aren't half bad..." - Temari

"..." - Gaara

 

"Hey, Eiji. Your friend was pretty amazing, but this sand girl was really strong as well...I wonder if the other sand shinobis are as strong as her..." - Kotaru

'Hmm, when it comes to match-ups, Temari is one of the worst Tenten could have gotten -'

Eiji's thoughts were interrupted by the sound of the screen announcing the next match.

 

Originally, before redoing this chapter, Temari was way stronger, but then I remembered that if she was that strong, she wouldn't have lost against Shikamaru. Looks like my brain was on holidays or something when writing yesterday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

317