Chapter 60: Draw!
14.2k 16 285
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"TO HELL WITH YOU!!!" - Kiba argued heatedly with the scatterbrained Jonin.

"..." - Arina who started this situation was watching silently while feeling a bit awkward.

"How do you talk with me? Don't you know I can just disqualify you? Well, it doesn't surprise me that someone who abuses animals has no brains..."

"Abusing? Does Akamaru look like he is abused?"

"Woof!" - Akamaru tried to defend his owner.

"No, but maybe you are manipulating him to think that he is treated well..."

"What the -"

"HAHAHA, it sure is great to see that our village shinobis can debate on their respective views on what is right, but don't you think now isn't the right time for that? Many people are waiting and want to finally finish with the preliminaries." - Before the situation could escalate any further, Hiruzen stepped in.

"I-I'm sorry Lord Hokage...it's just...I feel bad for this dog..."

"Finally, can you please tell that crazy woman over there to let me fight with Akamaru!"

"Hmm, what about this, if she sees that your dog is in danger, she is allowed to step in and stop the match, which results in your loss. With that, both of you should be happy, right?"

"...yes." - scatterbrained Jonin

"...I guess." - Kiba

'I think trying to kick his dog-like Eiji told me is really the best tactic after all...' - Arina

After a lot of difficulties, the final match finally started!

Arina instantly charged at Akamaru and tried to kick him.

'What the, wasn't she the one who started all this by saying she would feel bad injuring Akamaru'? - Kiba was caught off guard and jumped in to defend Akamaru.

But she ignored Kiba and focused entirely on Akamaru.

'This girl...she is really shameless! Fine, if you play dirty, don't complain that I don't hold back!' - Kiba started to use the Passing Fang to rotate towards Arina.

'This technique has a lot of power, I need to dodge it!' - Arina saw that this attack might be dangerous and decided to dodge, which lost her the pressure on Akamaru.

"Yeah, now we can show that girl our teamwo-" - Kiba was interrupted when Arina started to through kunais and shurikens at Akamaru.

"WHAT THE HELL?! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL HIM??- Kiba

She ignored him and started to take out paper bombs.

"..."

The scatterbrained Jonin couldn't take it anymore and jumped in to grab Akamaru.

But Kiba ignored it and attacked Arina out of spite, he was really angry towards her for targeting Akamaru like that and wouldn't let her easily off.

He could have easily defended Akamaru, but choose to let the examiner defend him so that he can get the chance to get his revenge on her.

Arina didn't expect this and was caught off guard.

The attack was powerful and injured her.

She spat out some blood before fainting.

"WHAT?! HEY YOU!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT?! WASN'T THE MATCH ALREADY FINISHED WHEN THE EXAMINER STEPPED IN?? HOW CAN YOU DO THAT TO A GIRL??!!" - an angry Kotaru was shouting from the spectator area.

"Hmph, someone who tries to injure Akamaru will be my enemy forever! Even if it means failing this chunin exam!" - Kiba

"YOU!!!"- Kotaru wanted to go down and smack him but was stopped by Hayate.

"Koff, stop it. It wouldn't help her now doing that, wouldn't it? Instead, it's better to not waste any time and let her get treated instantly."

"Uhm, so because I stepped in but the opponent was knocked out before I could stop the match, it will be a draw: both are unable to advance to the third exam!" - the scatterbrained Jonin said that while hugging Akamaru, who tried to get free from her.

After hearing that, Hayate appeared and looked at Arina: 'This is bad!'

"HEY! WHERE ARE THE MEDIC-NINS?!" - Hayate

"S-sorry!!" - A group of medic-nins rushed and picked Arina up.

"SENSEI!!" - Kotaru was shouting towards Hayate.

Even Eiji had a worried expression.

"Koff, I know what you want to ask. Don't worry, if they treat her in time everything should be fine. Still, I will stay near her just in case."

With those words, Hayate followed the medic-nins.

Eiji and Kotaru didn't know that this would be the last time they would see their sensei.

 

Only one chapter, because my eyes still hurt and I want to spare them a bit. They hurt because I have dry eyes, which aren't a problem normally with eye-drops, but I bought some different than usual and they don't work, so until Monday I'm stuck with itchy and dry eyes. But one chapter a day is still doable, so this just means business as usual.

Also, no meme for this chapter, since I think memes would destroy the feel of the more serious chapters.

285