Chapter 74: Eiji vs Gaara part 2
14.2k 9 322
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While Gaara was shielding himself, he used a portion of his sand to move stealthily towards Eiji.

Eiji was right now focused on dispersing his Shadow Clone, so he didn't notice the sand until it was too late.

"It's over. Gaara's opponent got conceited and didn't pay enough attention. And now, since he is in contact with Gaara's sand, Gaara can just finish him off no matter what he tries to do..." - Kankuro

Eiji looked at the sand wrapped around his arm, which started to crush his bones while the rest of the sand was about to spread further to his body: 'Hmm I didn't want to try this, since I still feel pain, but whatever.'

He just cut his arm off and then jumped away from his position."

"THIS MADMAN!!... But considering the situation, it was the right choi-" - Kankuro stopped speaking when he saw something unbelievable.

Small white snakes gathered around the place where Eiji's arm was and transformed into a new one.

But this wasn't all.

Eiji looked different now, his skin looked like the scales of a snake, and purple pigmentation formed around his eyes, letting him look even more snake-like.

"Oh man, I'm so glad I already lost and don't need to fight against creepy snake or sand dudes..." - Shikamaru

"Yeah, normally I would say something about your lack of motivations, but this time I actually agree..." - Ino

"(Sad potato chip eating noises)" - 'Sasuke really arrived...' - Choji

"Hey Arina, I thought Eiji changed his look to clown around but...doesn't he look creepy now?" - Kotaru

"I'm just glad that he actually showed up, after disappearing without a word." - Arina

"Yeah, but you too thought that he just wanted some more time alone after...you know. But it looks like he underwent some kind of training...but it still looks creepy in my opinion..." - Kotaru

"Don't tell me..." - Orochimaru's happiness about finding someone interesting turned now into concern.

In his eyes, if Eiji was really able to enter sage mode, it would mean that there would be someone on Sannin level on Konoha's side right now, which would be dangerous for his plan.

Hiruzen who was next to him noticed the peculiarity of the "Kazekage's" behavior and asked: "Is something wrong?"

"Nothing, I was just surprised that there would be someone else except for the Uchiha in Konoha, whose talent you need to look out for."

"Hmm, is that so?"

"Ugh, somehow this reminds me of that Orochimaru guy..." - Naruto already joined up with Sasuke and Kakashi at the spectator seats.

"Hmm, maybe...but if he uses what I think he is, then at least in one aspect he would be ahead of Orochimaru..."

"What do you mean?" - Sasuke had a grim expression as he recalled how strong Orochimaru was.

"Have you ever heard of sages?"

"Sages?" - Sakura

"Wait Kakashi, do you really mean that this kid here can -"

'Sages?' - Naruto had the image of some old and wise looking grandpa telling some stories at a bonfire in his head.

"I heard how there was a commotion not long ago, that a Genin in our village disappeared when he was attempting the Summoning Jutsu. The Hokage concluded then, that he ended up being stranded in one of the big three unexplored sage regions. Many who knew of this, thought that he wouldn't return, but he not only returned but actually learned Sage Mode..." - Kakashi

"..." - Guy had a serious expression and didn't know how to reply.

Tenten who heard that, made a gloomy face: 'Eiji you idiot...why do you always rush into dangerous situations...why don't you ever think about the people who are concerned about you?"

She remembers how he injured his hand when they were still little.

Her thoughts were interrupted by Lee who asked: "Guy sensei, what's the big deal about this sage thing?"

"Explaining would be difficult, so just watch and you will know."

Lee gulped, hearing Guy's serious town: 'What can this possibly be, for Guy-sensei to act like that?'

 

Eiji looked at his recovered arm: 'Yep, this still hurts...anyway it's my turn now'

He smiled towards Gaara who looked at him with shock through a hole in his shield: "You think you are cool being able to manipulate sand? Well, you are not the only one."

Next Eiji touched the ground and infused natural energy into it.

He was going to "breath" life into the earth.

While Sages of Mount Myoboku can use Frog Kata to use natural energy as extensions of their body to increase the range, Sages of Ryuchyi Cave can use: Sage Art: Inorganic Reincarnation!

The ground shook violently, like a strong earthquake!

 

 

 

 

 

 

322