Chapter 86: Truth
12.6k 14 278
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sasuke was currently trashed by the Sound Four - well, now it was only three of them, but Sound Three doesn't sound as cool!

"What's your purpose? You gonna live in this worthless village with your friends? Keep licking each other's wounds? Trying to forget Itachi Uchiha? Don't forget your purpose..." - Tayuya, who was now the leader since Sakon ended up getting his soul sucked out and Ukon being held in Konoha's prison, said that with her usual grumpy face.

After that, she left with the other two, leaving Sasuke alone.

Thinking of Itachi, he was filled with rage.

But a tiny white snake hiding in a nearby tree, which no one noticed, suddenly transformed.

"Hello, there...how you doin? Lovely eveni-"

"Somehow so many random people pop out all of a sudden today...I'm telling you I'm really not in the mood to talk right now, so screw off or I'll kill you!" - Sasuke said that with his Sharingan activated.

"Wow, that's brutal. Though, I would advise you not to try that, since killing a Hokage would make you a criminal..."

"Hokage? What bullshit! Looks like you really want to do d-"

Hearing that Eiji sighed and through a document to Sasuke.

Sasuke caught it and started to read: 'It doesn't look to be fake, but having someone like him be the next Hokage, doesn't make any sense at all...'

"Well, I know you probably question it, but honestly you are right. The truth is, I'm only a weak Puppet-Hokage while someone else is pulling all the strings."

"Hmph, so what does a puppet want from me then?"

"Well, since I'm a Hokage now, I have access to much information right now and found something interesting..."

It was a shameless lie!

With Danzo always being next to him, he doesn't want to risk looking at high-class information...

"Just spit it out already!" - Sasuke was in a bad mood (like most of the time, but this time even more), so he didn't want to deal with Eiji and his nonchalant way of speaking and his fake smile.

"You see, apparently Itachi was ordered my one of Konoha's higher-ups to slaughter his whole cl-" - before Eiji could finish, Sasuke charged at him and grabbed him by his collar.

"You...what did you just say?! If it's just a joke, I will kill you no matter if you are the Hokage!"

'Damn, he is really starting to piss me off...with Sage Mode I could easily defeat the current Sasuke, but It would be stupid to make a scene here and I need him for the plan...'

"It's not a joke. I mean, you probably must have thought that things are a bit too fishy yourself, right? No matter how capable Itachi is, he couldn't possibly kill the whole Clan by himself?" - Eiji shamelessly took the question Sasuke would ask Itachi in the future for himself.

"!" - Sasuke still didn't believe him fully, so he asked: "If it's all true, why would the village order it? And what do you gain from telling me all this?"

"To the first question, the Uchiha Clan attempted a coup to overthrow the Konoha leadership, but while the Third Hokage wanted to try to find a peaceful resolution, one member of the Konoha Council called Danzo wanted to eliminate the Uchiha Clan at all cost, so he schemed behind the Hokage's back and managed to manipulate Itachi into slaughtering his whole clan. To your second question, coincidentally, my puppeteer is the same Danzo guy and I want you to help me kill him."

Memories, Sasuke neglected started to surface of the peculiar atmosphere in the last months before the Clan perished and other things he couldn't explain back then, and like pieces clicking together, everything suddenly made sense now.

The revelation was such a shock for Sasuke, that he fell unconscious.

Eiji looked at his unconscious body and thought: 'Sorry for ignoring your feelings, Itachi, but I'm a bit in a pinch. Anyway, with that I should have changed the future significantly...let's just hope he awakens the Mangekyo Sharingan when he wakes up, or else I'm really screwed...'

Then he wanted to drop the unconscious Sasuke in his home, but Eiji remembered that he didn't know where Sasuke was living.

"..."

"Sigh, to think the first one who will sleep in my bed instead of me, would be an emo boy instead of a cute girl..."

 

 

 

278