Chapter 114: Contract
12.3k 22 250
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The aftermath of Eiji's jutsu left everyone with an open mouth.

Except for Garaga who is always pissed and can't read the mood: "Are you finished? Now, get down from me you bastard!"

"Tsk, it's not like you snakes have something better anyway...might be useful for once..." - Eiji replied with one of his usual remarks, but his mind was occupied with finding his sword.

It wasn't only because he can't use kenjutsu without it, but because he treasured it for sentimental reasons.

"WHAT DID YOU SAY, BASTARD?! WHATEVER JUST UNSUM-" - with smoke he disappeared and Eiji landed gracefully on the ground.

 

At Ryuchi Cave, Garaga cursed Eiji for his disrespectful attitude and for not letting him even finish his sentence, but he soon calmed down.

The reason was that even though he would never admit it, he actually respected Eiji.

Back then when Eiji visited Ryuchi Cave again to master Sage-mode, the White Snake Sage was openly complaining about Garaga and that she thought about disposing of him.

Eiji wasn't someone who would needlessly stick his nose into situations that didn't concern him and he wasn't a hero who can't help but doing good deeds like saving others.

So he wanted to ignore it at first, but Garaga's rampage made focusing on his training impossible, so he asked the White Snake Sage if he can deal with this problem.

Of course, she had no reason to decline and so he went to the origin of the rampage.

It wasn't their first time meeting each other and Garaga was happy that he could unload his fury on a human since he really hated humans.

Without a word, he tried to swallow him, but Eiji expected it and dodged.

"?" - Garaga noticed how Eiji appeared next to his head with a bored expression.

"You know, I'm not the type of person to hold grudges so I'm not here to pay you back for what happened when I accidentally summoned you, but you are a nuisance not only for the Granny Snake but for me as well..."

"GYAAA!!! SHUT UP!! I DON'T CARE!!" - Garaga resumed to try to eat him.

"Tsk, not one to talk things out nicely, are ya?" - Eiji vanished and appeared on top of Garaga's body.

"AAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHH!!" - when Eiji's sword stabbed him, Garaga cried out in pain.

'HOW CAN A MERE HUMAN STAB THROUGH MY HARDY SCALES? THIS ISNT POSSIBLE...' - Garaga knew he had to get serious and not just try to eat him alive.

"Did you know that having a giant body makes it easier for me to hit?" - Eiji continued to vanish and appear at different locations rapidly while stabbing Garaga.

He was just too fast for him.

But Garaga wasn't powerless and started to spit out poison in every direction.

Eiji knew that it was now a time-race and he needed to finish it fast before the whole area is covered in poison.

He instantly went all out, since even though he managed to stab him countless times, it wasn't really deep and didn't injure him significantly.

"Sigh...why do you have to make it so hard for both of us? Sage-mode." - Eiji quickly gathered natural chakra to enter Sage-mode.

When he saw that, Garaga stopped attacking.

Because he knew that he doesn't stand a chance against a sage.

The overly prideful Garaga lowered his head with his eye closed and seemingly accepted his defeat - there was no need for words.

Slowly Eiji walked towards his face with his sword drawn: "So you accept defeat? You are sharper than you look."

He pointed the sword at Garaga's non-blinded eye and starred into Garaga's eye which he now had opened.

And then he just put his sword back into his sheath.

"Damn you human...are you looking down on me?" - Garaga's pride was hurt and he became furious once again.

"Why should I look down on you? I only said that I'll deal with your rampage and not that I kill you...killing needlessly isn't my style...besides I don't want to do as the Granny Snake wishes since she is pretty shady and I don't trust her at all. Anyway since I let you live I'll need to make sure you don't go around and cause a ruckus anymore...so you have to enter a contract with me or I'll continue to kick your ass..."

"Contract? I will never trust a human again for me to enter a contract with one...just kill me instead. It's better than being betrayed later on..."

When Eiji heard that he couldn't help but think how cliche such a backstory was, and almost broke out in laughter but he managed to just grin instead: "Trust? Betraying? Who cares about that shit! This is only something the weak do. Listen, I'm so strong that I don't need to betray you, do you understand?"

"You bastard, aren't you too full of yourself? Fine, let's do a contract, I will see myself if there is actually a human strong enough to not need to betray someone!" - Garaga shouted spurred on.

But his thoughts were calm: 'This brat...I've met many humans who talk about morals and criticize others for their wrongdoings and think they are always in the right...but he is different...he acts the way he does not because of morals, but simply because he wants to...he is truthful in his actions and doesn't hide his interests with moral hypocrisy like most humans do. I'm interested to see where this brat will end up...so I'll follow him.'

 

I hope this chapter wasn't too boring, but I wanted to really flesh the relationship between those two out since I plan on having Garaga keep appearing in the future.

250