Chapter 145: Involuntarily
8k 22 166
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Eiji was troubled.

He wanted to stop Sasuke from completely fucking the timeline up, but Gengetsu kept attacking him.

Unlike how he did in the original timeline against Gaara where he advised the enemy on how to defeat him, the current Gengetsu didn't want to be defeated against that rude and shameless brat.

The only thing which wasn't bad was that it wasn't the perfect Edo Tensei, so the revived were weaker than when they were alive, plus they didn't regenerate.

But with Genegetsu's ability to turn himself into a liquid form and Eiji not having a way to counter that, it didn't really matter.

'GODDAMN IT!!! INSTEAD OF REVIVING MADARA, WHY NOT JUST ORDER KABUTO TO CONTROL THE REVIVED ONES??!! No...Kabuto might only have provided the chakra and did the hand signs for Orochimaru...still what if it's not the case? NO, WAIT!! MADARA IS MORE IMPORTANT RIGHT NOW!! I need to find a way to deal with the Mizukage right now!'

Even with his immense speed buffed by Sage-Mode, it wasn't enough to just escape from Gengetsu: he masterfully used his chibi clone to move Eiji across the battlefield, like he was playing at a chess game.

His experience truly shined here.

For Eiji who never uses his head in battle, and uses raw power and only planning beforehand instead, facing such a smart opponent was difficult.

While dodging, Eiji noticed that he soon runs out of natural chakra.

Because of that, even though he didn't find a way, he knew that he had to at least try something.

He slashed at Gengetsu who just turned into liquid, but Eiji used this small opportunity to summon Garaga.

"Looks like you ar-" "NO TIME TO TALK!!! ATTACK THAT WEIRD HAIR DUDE OVER THERE!!" - Eiji shouted that and summoned two shadow-clones.

"Hoo..not a bad summon you got there, brat." - Gengetsu dodged since even if he is liquid, if Garaga would eat him, he would end up in his stomach even in liquid form.

Eiji used it to get out of his vision with his clones so that the Zengetsu wouldn't know which was the right one.

With that, he would need to guess and order his chibi clone to attack one of the Eiji's randomly.

Because of this, his clones managed to buy enough time for Eiji to retreat with his speed.

He thought about using the time to prepare Byakko, but he figured stopping Madara's revival was more important than winning his fight.

 

"Snap out of it, you two...Sasuke showed that he is currently hostile to us, so start behaving like shinobis!" - Yamato shouted at Naruto and Sakura.

"But..." - Naruto didn't expect this.

Sakura bit her lips: "Naruto, he is right...didn't you say that if Sasuke doesn't want to come back himself, that you gonna drag him back to Konoha yourself? Let's focus on getting Sasuke back...as shinobis!"

"Huh? What is Kabuto doing?" - Yamato

 

'Hm? Why is Kabuto...wait isn't that a coffin? Don't tell me...but what is this bad feeling I have?' - Jiraiya who was still waiting for Hanzo to leave the water glanced over to where Sasuke and Kabuto were.

 

'...don't tell me...no...no...no...they couldn't be that crazy...even I didn't dare to think about reviving him and only intended to research his corpse...' - Orochimaru slowly realized what was happening.

Then after like being struck with thunder, he started to shout frantically: "QUICKLY STOP THEM!!! ATTACK KABUTO!!!"

"?" - Mu didn't understand what this was all about, but he did as he ordered and used his infamous dust-release to attack.

Sasuke noticed it, and he already had a somewhat understanding of his opponent's attack, so he used Amaterasu to attack directly and Mu directly instead of trying to block it.

 

"Uhm...did I see it right? Isn't that Madara in that coffin?" - White Zetsu asked innocently.

But he didn't get a response since Black Zetsu was just staring with an open mouth at the battlefield.

If Eiji believed he had a bad day, he would change his opinion instantly if he saw Black Zetsu right now.

Black Zetsu schemed for centuries and was always in control of how things flowed and developed, but now Eiji came and fucked everything completely up - albeit involuntarily to be fair.

 

Hmm...some of the dialogue feels a bit janky so I might redo them tomorrow, but can't really right now. Probably after waking up with a fresh mind and reading it (and of course your comments), can I better judge it.

 

166