Chapter 146: Worth?
7.7k 16 170
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

'Sigh...Lord Orochimaru is really a slave driver...I used up so much chakra to revive those 5 and now he wants me to perform the Edo Tensei again - all while we are getting bombarded by the enemy...but luckily we have some disposable tools to defend us until I'm finished...' - Kabuto touched his glasses while looking at Orochimaru next to him.

Of course, it wasn't Orochimaru who was next to him, but Sasuke instead and the "disposable tools" which sacrificed their lives to buy time weren't some no-name henchman of Orochimaru, but Sasuke's Susanoo instead.

But under the influence of Kotoamitsukami, he couldn't tell and wholeheartedly believed he was still fighting by Orochimaru's side.

Anyway, he started to gather his chakra.

Like with the rest of the current revived ones, finding actually full corpses of them was almost impossible, but with the Edo Tensei, only the DNA is needed to transform an unlucky fellow under immense pain into the person they want to revive. Next, you place a talisman in their heads to be able to control them and after that, you could deactivate the revived and put them into coffins so that you don't have to do the whole procedure in a battle.

This was also the case for Madara, who was in Orochimaru's hands beforehand - though they intended for him to stay deactivated.

So technically Kabuto didn't use so much of his chakra up for performing the Edo Tensei, but for activating and controlling them: controlling such powerful individuals and even more so that many wasn't really easy. Because of that, he also maintained their personality and freedom to act how they want while performing their task since fully controlling 5 people was just simply too much for him.

But Kabuto didn't see that Madara was the one he was about to revive because Sasuke knew it wouldn't make sense for Kabuto to see Madara who was stolen from them or else he might notice that he was under a Genjutsu.

The Kotoamitsukami was indeed the most powerful Genjutsu, but it didn't mean you could behave like an idiot when controlling someone.

Who Kabuto was seeing in the coffin, was some random Uchiha he didn't know.

Sasuke Decided to play save here and Kabuto thought it must be some of Orochimaru's "old stock" when he was still experimenting with the Edo Tensei.

He thought that because Orochimaru knew that he was reaching his limit and couldn't control someone more powerful, Orochimaru let him revive someone weaker instead - plus it was an Uchiha who, no matter if he wasn't known, could still be helpful against Sasuke.

But when Kabuto "activated" him, he immediately lost control and because of that, he even lost control of all the other revived Shinobis.

"!" - Kabuto was bewildered and didn't understand what was happening.

But Sasuke was already moving on his own to place his control on Madara before "activating" him.

With his Sharingan, when Kabuto was "activating" his parents and the other three, Sasuke could understand how it worked and copied it.

Turns out that this was how what he was aiming for on how to deal with the other summons.

He didn't know if Kabuto ordered them to obey Orochimaru's orders instead of his beforehand, so instead of gambling on the possibility that Kabuto could just order them as Sasuke liked, seeing how each summon needed a considered amount of chakra, letting him lose control like that was the safest thing to do - but only if it wasn't Madara.

Sasuke didn't understand that in this case, getting the summoned free from Orochimaru's or Kabuto's control, wasn't worth it all...

 

"So it finally happened...it appeared that little brat Nagato managed to grow...hm? Looks like this isn't Nagato's doing...things don't seem to be going exactly according to the plan..." - after inspecting his body he turned to Sasuke: "Who are you? You seem to be an Uchiha?"

Sasuke didn't respond and gulped.

He couldn't explain why, but he felt immense pressure.

The same was for all the others on the battlefield.

Even Gengetsu stopped chasing Eiji and just stared at Madara - the same was the case for Hanzo who emerged from the water.

Time seemed to completely freeze.

Uchiha Madara appeared in this world!

 

I wanted to explain something about why Orochimaru acted a certain way or explain his decision about something, but I forgot what it was while writing another paragraph...fuck me. Hopefully, I remember it and include it in the next chapter, so that Orochimaru's actions make sense so far.

 

170