Chapter 2: The 50/50 Kingdom Nydvilien
242 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Authors Note: Hello. Sorry for the late upload... again. I've had schoolwork :P

 

 

 

“I can see where the 50/50 part came from…” I said as I looked at the sprawling Kingdom laid out in front of me. ‘It's like a book when two pages get stuck together.’

 

The city was split directly in the middle, the left side had a distinctly fantastical element to it, the buildings looked straight out of an isekai world, and the right… well, the right was the antithesis. An extremely advanced technological society, where flesh is weak and metal is seen as the superior body.

 

That's why the apparent coexistence was so strange, each side conversed freely and with a fondness for the others in their voices.

 

[50/50 Kingdom Nydvilien- The birthplace of the Cybernetic Organism, it features the best of a futuristic world and a fantasy one simultaneously. Both sides coexist peacefully.]

 

“I see, so this A. I seems to explain things I ask.” I mused. “What are you?”

 

[I am one of many “Guides” that will soon come into being. We are a collection of various personalities all matched with respective players.]

 

“Ahh, I get it. The real answer is not information you can give now is that right?”

 

[...]

 

“...”

 

The voice on the other line chose not to respond, and I thought back to an idea I overheard being pitched to my mother years ago.

 

--

 

I thought I’d design a statistical tracking system for the game you're developing, whether or not you choose to use it is of no concern to me- just know that this could not only encourage healthy habits in the real world but push players further in the digital.”

 

“Well? What do you think?”

 

The woman grinned, “It's great.”

 

--

 

“Shit… how do I open it?”

 

“Oh, silly me.” I focused on a small button in my peripheral vision and a transparent board appeared before me.

 

Name: Lauer. (Level 1)

Tribe And Job

Personal Attribute and Growth Rate

Stats:

Strength: 20

Speed: 5

Evasion: 0

Endurance: 50

Intelligence: 60

Status Points: 0

Skills: N/A

Techniques: N/A

Titles: N/A

Tribe: Cybernetically Enhanced Human (Progenitor)

Tribe Traits: As a C.E.H you can use weapons and abilities exclusive to both the Cyborg and Human Tribes respectively. Though, due to being part cyborg, you have extremely high intelligence and endurance to make up for your abysmal evasion stats.

Tribe Skills: [Machina Maker][Humanity]

Current Modifications: N/A

Job: N/A

Not Yet Accessible.

 

“Hoh? With this… I can process information exactly six times faster than normal… and punch with twice my bodyweight behind each punch.” I smugly proclaimed, “There are some parts I'm especially interested in but those can wait. What's important is collecting my starting gear.”

Learning The Basics! (1/3)

Get acquainted with your movement and pick up your starter items from the nearest training field. Get comfortable with your items.

Difficulty: N/A

Reward: “Learning The Basics! (2/3)”

Heeding the instructions I began running back and forth as I got used to this new body's higher stature. It only took a few minutes before I could maneuver myself comfortably.

 

“And now for that training field…” I mumbled. “Ah, That must be it.”

 

I peeked into the small building and noticed that there were only around twenty training dummies and a stout man drowning himself in booze.

 

“Oi Drunkard! Are you the one who's supposed to give me starting equipment!?” The man turned to look at me. His face was flushed with extra blood flowing to his skin, his eyes were glazed over, and he had a lecherous look on his face. “You should really stop drinking,” I mused. “You look to be on the verge of unconsciousness.”

 

He glanced over towards a sack on the ground before looking back at me. “In there, now leave me alone.”

 

After a few questioning glances, I reluctantly picked up the bag before scurrying out of the damp building. After opening it outside, I found that the items I had received were pretty standard, a few potions, beginner armor, and various other simple items. Though, there were a few things that stood out. A miniature egg with small purple handprints stamped onto its shell, and two “Body Modification Pills”

 

“Body Modification? Isn't that what happens to unloved children?-” I stopped speaking, “wow. I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that.”

 

[It’s in your best interest to ingest them.]

 

“Yeah, Yeah.”

 

I filled my mouth with spit and swallowed them both down.

 

Suddenly the sound of my heartbeat grew much louder and the color drained from my surroundings. The feeling which you would expect to hurt didn't- I felt no pain or discomfort, but I instinctively grasped at my chest.

 

“Just Kidding! I got you didn't I?”

 

[...]

 

“...”

 

[...]

 

“It didn't hurt at all-it actually felt quite good.”

 

{Mysterious Pills have been ingested.}

 

{Body Modification Hardware has been adjusted.}

 

{Body now possesses the “Semi-Fluid” attribute, and a second pair of arms has been installed.}

 

A voice pounded its way through my head in a different way than the “Guide.” Even though both voices weren't human the system announcement had much less personality… If that makes sense.

Learning The Basics! (2/3)

Now that you have gotten used to your body and gotten comfortable with your items. The next logical step is to use that new understanding to hunt a monster. They are located in most environments if you look hard enough.

Clear Conditions: Hunt three small monsters and one with a level higher than your own.

Difficulty: N/A

Reward: “Learning The Basics! (3/3)”

 

I leaned back stretching my mechanical body. “Hmm?” I opened my eyes, and an unintelligible shout left my lips. My back had folded in on itself causing my torso to stretch to the point that I was standing while lying down all at once.

 

[I was unaware that ‘Semi-Fluid’ was literal. Maybe having four arms and a gelatin body will inhibit your ability to function properly.]

 

“You think?!?” I growled, “If you're going to say something snarky, then just save your time by helping me!”

 

[...]

 

“Hey… Are you alright? Do you need any help?” an older gentleman approached me. He was hot, and I mean really hot. “Is this the so-called ‘Silver Fox’!!” He wore a neatly tucked-tuxedo with a faint smirk on his face.

 

“Oh, how thoughtless of me! I forgot to introduce myself.” He shook his head, “I’m the assistant head of the ‘Martial Murim- Carmicheal.” He laughed. “How would you like to become a disciple?”

 

“...huh?”

8