Chapter 2.2: Release Day (******** ********* Perspective)
187 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

April 6th, 2034, Lyon; France.

    Congenital Analgesia: The complete inability to feel pain. That's what the doctors diagnosed me with when I was a kid. I'm not sure why I was one of the few who were unlucky enough to be diagnosed with it, but I was filled with hope that one day a cure will appear. Flash forward sixteen years and now I'm a crippling game addict with the only thing I lack being hope. Of course, that means that I’ve heard of the wondrous “Aether Online” A game so great that every system feels like an extension of reality. A game where pain can be transmuted into nothing, where adventure and excitement await. 

 

    I was focused, I felt hope fill my heart as I created my character. “Are you sure this is what you want? I mean none of this works with each other.” a small child sent me a questioning look. “Do it,” I replied firmly. “Name-” I interrupted him. “****************.” The child sighed before hesitantly sending me into the game. 

 

[Randomly Selecting Spawn Point. Commencing teleportation to: “Home of the Half-Blooded; Poinar Manor”]

 

“Ow.”

 

“Ow?”

 

“Ow!!!!”

 

Feelings overflowed from me, I couldn't believe that I had finally felt something. Unfortunately, my immense celebrations were cut short when a beautiful woman walked into the room I was in. Until this moment I had been too busy to notice my surroundings, a drab interior with a view of deadly cliffs, the sharp steel fence was surrounded with a mysterious layer of fog. I turned towards the woman before recoiling upon examining her appearance.

 

Long white hair matched her pale skin perfectly, rose-red lips and fangs. Her eyes sent major danger signs. “No need to be so on guard.” she laughed. “From this point on we’re sisters. I'm Țepeș, Valerie Țepeș.” She reached out her hand. “I'm Karnstein, Carmilla Karnstein.”

 

I smiled.

8