Chapter 1 – Transported to Another World
1.8k 16 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My name is Anna, I’m a 23-year-old young woman, I’m currently studying in an engineer school and will graduate in a few months. The current date is March 5, 2054.

I like to read some novels and play my favorite game: Warriors Online. It’s a very popular VRMMORPG that feels so real that you might mistake it for the reality. It has been 11 years that I started playing this game as a magic swordswoman and I managed to be in the top 5 players for 3 years!

 This game is a bit special because there are no stats, no level and no class, everything is about the amount of mana that you possess, your control of mana and body, your muscles, your reflexes and your strategy in combat so you need a lot of training and experience.

 However, the amount of mana determines your strength, your speed, and your defense because you can use your mana to improve your body. You can of course also use magic.

******

So… I’m currently waking up in a white room…

“Uhh… my head” (Anna)

What happened ? Why am I here ?? Why does my head hurt so much ? The last thing I remember is me playing the game…

“I’m sorry!” (??)

I turn my head in the direction of the voice and saw an old man with a beard bowing to me… What’s going on ?

“Hello?! May I ask who you are and where I am ?” (Anna)

“*cough* I am what you human call a god, and you are currently in my domain. And you are here because you died.” (God)

EHH ?! What did this old man say ?!

“WAIT! What do you mean I died ???” (Anna)

“I’m sorry!! Because of a mistake from me, a lightning fell right on top of your house and the electricity burned your brain while you wore the VRMMORPG’s helmet!” (God)

… Ahh sh*t …

I really want to cry and insult him, but I should stay calm; I’m still in front of a god…

*MPHH* *FUUU*

Inhales, exhales …

Ok I’m good now.

“So, what’s going to happen to me now?” (Anna)

“I’m sorry, but I can’t bring you back to Earth, it’s against the universal rules to bring back a soul to the same planet where the soul died” (God)

Ahh, I knew it…

“However, as a compensation for my mistake, I will give you the choice to live in the body of your character in Warrior Online because I managed to get back all the data through the lightning. What do you think about it ?” (God)

Oh, so that’s what they call ‘Isekai’, uhh. But anyway, it’s actually very interesting! It’s not like there is anyone that will cry for my death, *cough*. And I always dreamed to be able to spend time in game without having to study and doing part time jobs!

“I accept this proposition!” (Anna)

Wait, do I have to restart my training from zero ? What about my inventory ? I’m not really worried about the mana control part, my reflexes, and my combat experience because I should keep it with my memories so the training wouldn’t be wasted but still…

“Mhh sorry ? May I ask a few questions ?” (Anna)

“Go ahead” (God)

“What will happen to my equipment, amount of mana, inventory…?” (Anna)

“Everything will be the same as before you died, so you won’t have to worry about it.
Oh, by the way, I can’t send you in the exact same world as the game because it would create some problem if you can interact with the players, so you will be sent to a different world. You shouldn’t have any problem with the gravity, the amount of mana in the air and the day/night cycle as it should be nearly the same.” (God)

Well, it makes sense. If I could communicate with the players, it means that I could communicate with Earth.

“Anything else ?” (God)

Agh, I can’t think of anything else on the spot…

“Will I be able to ask some questions later after my transmigration ?” (Anna)

“No, I can’t communicate with this world, so if you have any question it’s now or never!” (God)

Mhhh, let me think, it’s the typical Isekai adventure, so…

“Do I have a mission or a goal to accomplish ? Like killing a Demon King or saving the world ?” (Anna)

“No, don’t worry, this transfer is purely a compensation for my mistake, so you don’t have any sacred mission or anything. You are free to do whatever you want as I only wish for your happiness. Any other question? (God)

Ohh, how can I blame him for killing me after that ? He is actually nicer than I thought, he had no obligation to help me in the first place, right ?

Wait, I completely forgot about that, but I should still ask:

“How about the language ? Will I be able to communicate to the citizens there ?” (Anna)

“Yes, I thought ahead and already added this function. Anything else?” (God)

Isn’t he nice ?

Oh, I should also ask about this, it’s pretty important.

“Are there anyone else being reincarnated in this world from Earth ?” (Anna)

“No. You are the first one, and I rarely make a mistake like this so it’s unlikely that someone else will arrive later.” (God)

Ok, I think it’s a good new, it means less danger for me.

As I can’t find anything else to ask, I will stop using his precious time. Also, it will be more exciting to discover the rest on the spot!

“Thank you very much for according me some of your time! What should I do to transfer to my character body ?” (Anna)

“Nothing, I will take care of everything. Are you ready to go now ?” (God)

“Yes!” (Anna)

“Alright! Remember to have fun and be careful! If you die there, you won’t have another chance!
Anyways, I wish you good luck and happiness, bye!” (God)

“B-“ (Anna)

Before I could finish my farewell, light emerge from my body as I disappear from God’s domain.

******

The next moment, I feel my body being on the grass on the ground as I open my eyes and getting up.

I am currently surrounded by trees in front and a small river behind me. As I recall my conversation with God earlier, I dash instantly to the river to see my reflection on the water.

So, I really reincarnated in my character’s body, uhh.

In front of me, reflecting on the water, there is a beautiful woman with red hairs and light red eyes with perfect body proportion. I'm wearing a black and red leather armor and it's quite luxurious, hehe~. It’s me, my beloved character from ‘Warriors Online’ that I took hours to design.

Wait, what if everything was a dream and I am only in game ?

I don’t think so, because I can hear every sound from the birds, feel the wind on my skin, and smell the forest. Even if the game has an impressive level of realism, it was not at this level, so it’s definitely real!

After looking at my perfect face for at least 2 minutes, I start to look at my surrounding.

What should I do first ?

I would like to find a town or a village because I’m not feeling safe sleeping in the forest when I don’t know that much about the world. I’m also not sure how strong the monsters are. In the game, I was in the top 5 players, we were equal in battle: sometimes I lost, sometimes I won, sometimes it was a draw.

Let’s try my strength for now.

In the game, the physical strength was amplified by the mana in the body, you had to control your mana inside your body to strengthen your arms, feet, and everything else. After a few years of training my mana control, I managed to reinforce my body 24/24h and 7/7d because I was doing this action as naturally as breathing.

It means that every time, my body is several times stronger and harder than without mana. Controlling your mana was essential in game because you could avoid dying by a sneak attack thanks to the amplified defense.

Controlling your mana also make you run faster, jump higher and strike stronger. It’s the equivalent of ‘body strengthening’ that you may see in a novel but it’s not a spell, it’s only about moving your mana.

In fact, there was no ‘skills’ or ‘spells’ in game. You could make a fireball but it’s only about using your mana and give a shape while imagining what you want to do.

There was no class in the game, but my role was somewhat similar to a swordswoman, it means that I was slashing my enemies with insane speed thanks to my body reinforced with magic, and I sometimes used magic such as ‘fireball’ or ‘ice spear’ to attack or distract my enemies while running.

So, returning to the present, I circulate the mana inside and outside my body and leave a sigh of relief.

“It works exactly like in game! Also, my amount of mana earned during those 11 years of playing is the same, and the density of mana in the air in the same!” (Anna)

I start to run toward a tree situated at approximately 200 meters and arrive there in 5 seconds without using my full speed, it means 40 m/s! (144 km/h)

I try to jump using moderate strength and I reach 10 meters above the ground before landing back on the ground softly, in front of the same tree. Then I suddenly punch the tree leaving a big dent while lot of leaves fell on the ground.

Nice! Nothing changed from the game about my physical strength and control of my body.

Before testing my magic, it would be nice to check the content of my inventory, I hope my sweetheart-, I mean my favorite sword came to this world with me. To take out the sword from the inventory, I must put some mana on the brain and on my hand at the same time. The purpose of the mana on the brain is to know what’s the total content of the inventory and also to know where exactly the item inside my 100 cubic meter sized inventory is. And the purpose of the mana on the hand is to make the item appears; it can be somewhere else than the hand if I want to make it appear somewhere else and it can be 10 meter from me if I want. When I can sense my sword, I heave a sigh of relief.

“*sigh* It’s still here” (Anna)

Once I finally have the handle of the sword in my hand, I do 3 swims to warp up then I inspect the sword.

First, I really love swords in general. Since I was little, I always admired to see knight fighting at the TV. That’s why, when I created my character, I already decided that this character would wield a sword and I chose the perfect appearance.

It was 3 years ago, 8 years after I started the game, that one of my guildmember offered me this sword after we cleared a high ranked dungeon where we found orichalcum ingots. His race was a dwarf that used a great axe as main weapon, but he also mastered the art of blacksmithing.

The sword is a mix of red, black, and white, the blade has a length of 1 meter (shorter than a greatsword, but longer than your average sword) and is perfectly clean because I clean it nearly everyday. The material is god tier and the blacksmith are probably one of the best in the game so the weapon can definitely be called a legendary weapon or a national treasure.

The sword’s name is ‘Rosetta’. And I can’t imagine being separated from it!

Since I started the game, I trained hard to acquire the best sword technique while fighting player and monsters (and I died many times lol). At least, now, I’m confident to be one of the best swordsmen in the game, in terms of technique and speed at least because some muscle brain guy might strike harder.

Back to the present, I take my posture while facing 3 thick trees and I insert some mana in the sword making it glowing with a reddish color. I dash at full speed and cut the 3 trees in a second, then while the trees are falling, I cut them in small pieces before they can reach the ground. In a matter of 10 seconds, the three trees are on the ground, but they are cut in about 60 small pieces of wood.

Very satisfied with my performance, I put back my sword in my inventory by splitting my mana between my hand and my brain like how I put out, then I said happily:

“Let’s try to use some magic now!” (Anna)

It would be stupid to use a fireball in a forest, so I decided to ice magic. Imagining a spear made of cold ice, I circulate some mana out of my body while watching the mana taking the shape of a spear made of ice. The spear was already moving while it was taking shape to increase the efficiency, so it took only about 2 seconds to reach and hit a tree situated at 20 meters from me. The tree had a big hole on the right side, and it fall to the side and make a loud noise when it touches the ground.

*BAM*

Ups… I hope the noise doesn’t attract a lot of monsters.

I disperse my mana to cover a surface of 100 meters around me to try to feel if there is any monster or animals hiding. I could only feel something similar to a rabbit that I decided to ignore.

I will keep the ‘radar’ like spell activated 24/24h to make sure I don’t get attacked without noticing. 100 meters is a good distance to keep me safe without using too much many. I’m not really wasting many as I can bring back the mana to me at anytime. Well, I only split with 5% of my mana while using this spell so it should be fine. I could cover a surface of several kilometers with my mana, but it would leave me with less mana for myself so it’s more dangerous than needed. However, it’s pretty useful to only check my surrounding for a few second for several kilometers than bring back the mana immediately.

And that’s what I’m doing right now.

I spread my mana covering a surface of 3 kilometers for a few seconds hoping to find some citizens to guide me to a town or find some monster to experiment my skills in this world.

“SH*T” (Anna)

About 2,5km from here, I can sense 10 mana signatures, 7 are from humans, and 3 are from monsters! From the mana signature, they are orcs or something similar.

I concentrate my mana on this area so I can inspect the situation with a better precision.

I can now sense that the humans have about 3 times less mana than the orcs in average, it means that they can only win if they are extremely muscular or if they are extremely competent in teamwork which is not likely the case. Furthermore, 2 of them are likely not fighters because their mana is way below the average.

I can sense that the battle will start anytime now.

I immediately get back my mana and rush to their direction as fast as I can hoping that I arrive in time. Even if I’m running fast, it’s still 2,5km you know ? I will take about 30 seconds at max speed, but a lot can happen in a battle in 30 seconds!

I’m running while murmuring,

“I’m coming!” (Anna)

36