Chapter 10 – Aftermath
1.1k 7 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another 2k8 words chapter!

It's already chapter 10, and we also just went over 100 pages! And it has been less than 4 days since I started to write chapter 1 ~

Anyway, I hope that you enjoy this one aswell!

 

- (Anna’s POV) -

 

It has been a few dozens of minutes since I started to talk to the former captured children. Some of them are still a bit shocked, but the majority of them are fine and chatting happily.

From what I heard, not all the children are from the orphanage. Some of them got captured when they were walking in the street, there are 5 of them. I promised them that we will bring them back to their parents.

While I was chatting with the children, I could hear some noise outside the room. Suddenly, some knights arrived, and I can recognize Gabriel.

“No one move! You are all under arre- UHH?? Lady Anna?!” (Gabriel)

The commander of the knight (Gabriel) enter the room with 20 other knights while running. The scene is very similar to those ‘FBI OPEN UP’ memes (and there are also a lot of lolis).

The commander stopped mid-sentence when he saw me talking peacefully to the children with more than 40 dead men behind me.

“W-What the hell happened here?!” (Gabriel)

“I already took care of them, so I was chatting with the children while waiting for you.” (Anna)

“… I see …” (Gabriel)

“Were you not informed of the plan? Did you not see Alice?” (Anna)

“Well, I was talking with the Earl in the courtyard, then suddenly a big white wolf appeared with Alice on its back! Hahaha! If only you saw the Earl’s face!” (Gabriel)

Well, he sure must have been surprised to see his adorable daughter on top of a big wolf.

Suddenly, behind the knights, I can see Shiro coming toward me.

“Where is Alice now?” (Anna)

“Oh, she stayed with the Earl in her house. The wolf came alone to guide us.” (Gabriel)

“I see, good decision.” (Anna)

I hope that Roland isn’t too angry that I let Alice alone with Shiro, hehe.~

“Well, please help me to take care of the dead. Oh, by the way, those 4 guys here are still alive, only unconscious, and there are also 5 alive peoples at the entrance, but I suppose that you already found them.” (Anna)

“Yes, we already found them and brought them out.” (Gabriel)

“I will go back to the orphanage with the children while you take care of them. By the way, from what I gathered, this fat man here is the leader and is a slave trader. I heard him saying that he wanted to go to another country to sell the children as slaves.” (Anna)

“Alright, good job. We will take care of the rest and interrogate them. I give you 5 of my subordinates that will escort you and the children until you arrive to the orphanage.” (Gabriel)

After his word, I go back to the children, smile at them, and speak:

“The knights are here and will take care of the bad guys, I will bring you back to the orphanage. For those that are not from the orphanage, I will bring you to your home later so you can still come with us.” (Anna)

“”””Yes!”””” (all children)

 

********

 

We are currently moving toward the orphanage. The citizens in the street are surprised to see more than 30 children, a big white wolf and 5 knights walking together in the street.

We finally arrive at the orphanage. The knights are leaving us once they see us entering the orphanage. The guards are surprised to see that all the children came back.

“Wait! You already secured them? We were not informed!” (guard)

So, the guards are not communicating with the knights?! They really need to review their system.

“The knights are taking care of the aftermaths; all the black clothed men are dead except 9 that are knocked out.” (Anna)

“Alright! Then we will take our leave and inform the other units.” (guard)

The 5 guards are leaving the orphanage. On my side, I enter the orphanage with the children. The headmistress heaves a sigh of relief when she sees me with all the captured children.

“Thank you very much Anna-chan, I don’t know how I can repay you…” (headmistress)

“Don’t worry too much about it. More importantly, I initially came here to share my cooking to all of you! Who want to taste it?” (Anna)

I turn toward the children while saying that.

“””Me!!””” (children)

“W-Wait a minute! How can we ask you to offer us a dinner after everything you already did to us?” (Anna)

 Argh, she is too serious, I really don’t mind. I have no choice but to play this card:

“It’s fine don’t worry. Besides, I already cooked it, so it would be a waste if no one eat it!” (Anna)

“W-We will be in your care then.” (headmistress)

“Where can I take out the food?” (Anna)

“There, in this room.” (headmistress)

I follow her to the room and there are 6 big rectangular tables, each table can welcome at least 10 peoples. I think it’s where they eat everyday.

I take out 58 plates with my mix of meat and vegetables that I cooked yesterday and split it between each table. If I counted correctly, there are 52 children from the orphanage, 5 children not from the orphanage and the headmistress. I don’t plan to eat there because Alice’s family will be sad if I don’t eat dinner with them, hehe.~

Yes, I borrowed the plates from Alice’s house because they have a lot of plates, I didn’t steal them, or create them or anything else that you might be thinking about.

“F-From where did you put out all of this?!” (headmistress)

I knew that this question would come. However, I’m bored to find an excuse for this every time, and I can’t think of anything else, so I will start telling the truth from now on.

“I have a skill that give me access to another dimension where I can stock some stuff, it works like a magic bag. More importantly, let’s call the children and eat before it gets cold!” (Anna)

“I-I see… I’m going to call everyone.” (headmistress)

She then leaves the room and come back a few minutes later with all the children. She makes them sit in front of a plate and speak to all of them.

“Tonight, Anna cooked food for all of us. What do we say to her?” (headmistress)

“”””Thank you for the meal, Anna-oneesan!”””” (all children)

All the children jump on the food with a smile on their face.

“Do you like my cooking?” (Anna)

“Um! It’s delicious!” (girl 1)

“I-I have never eaten something this good!” (boy 1)

Is it that good? It’s not like meat and vegetables are rare or expensive in this world. And it’s not like I’m the best cook ever, I think I’m barely average.

Then it’s the turn of the headmistress to compliment my food.

“It has been a long time since I didn’t eat something that good. We usually can only afford a vegetable soup and bread everyday since a few years.” (headmistress)

Wow, it’s even worse than I thought!

“That’s why, let me thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything that you did to us. If there is a way for me to repay you, let me know.”

Is it time for me to say it? Whatever! Let’s say it!

“Actually, I’m planning to open a shop and I’m having trouble to find trustworthy employee. So, I was thinking of hiring several children from the orphanage. They would be paid 1 gold coin per month with a day off per week. They would also have the possibility to sleep inside the shop. Of course, I don’t want to force anyone so it’s only if they truly want it and I would want your permission first.” (Anna)

“Mhh, it’s really not a bad deal, it would allow some children to get a lot of experience for the future. What would they need to do exactly?” (headmistress)

“It’s supposed to be an alchemy shop, so the main product would be potions. The main thing that they would need to do is helping the clients, taking the money from them and supply the store shelves with my product. Of course, I would teach them how to do that.” (Anna)

“If it’s about reading and calculation, I always teach them when they arrive in the orphanage.” (headmistress)

“Ohh! It’s perfect then!” (Anna)

“However, I don’t really like the idea of small children working and having to speak with unknows adults… So, I will only authorize you to hire those that are over 10 years old.” (headmistress)

Well, it’s not like I wanted to make a 4-year-old child working, I’m not a demon!~

“Thank you very much! Can I make an announcement and ask them if they are interested?” (Anna)

“Go ahead.” (headmistress)

Then I walk toward the middle of the room and speak loudly.

“Can I have your attention one minute?” (Anna)

All the children turn toward me, waiting for me to continue.

“I have a proposition for those that are over 10 years old! I want to open a shop, but I need some help to manage it, so I’m thinking of hiring those that are interested! The pay is 1 gold coin per month and there is a day off on Sunday every week! The job consists of supplying the store shelves, speaking with the clients and get the money. I will let you think about it and come back tomorrow; you will then give me your answer! Anyone have a question?” (Anna)

I look around the room and suddenly a boy lift his hand. Oh, I recognize him, it’s Rudy!

“Yes? Your name was Rudy, right?” (Anna)

“Yes! But why is it only those that are older than 10 years old that can be hired?! I want to help Anna-oneesan too!!” (Rudy)

“Um! Me too!” (girl 1)

Somehow, I have a good success from those that are under 10 years old… I should find an easy task that they can do but I can’t think of anything right now…

“You are a bit too small for a job like this, it’s very hard you know? You will have to talk with many adults, and they are sometime very scary! I will try to think of a job that you can do outside of the shop.” (Anna)

Rudy reluctantly sit down again but he doesn’t look satisfied.

 

***********

 

Approximately 10 minutes later, everyone finished the meal. I think it’s time for me to go back home.

Ohh yes! I nearly forgot! I need to bring back the 5 children that are not part of the orphanage to their parents!

“Alright, I have to leave now. For those that are not part of the orphanage, I will bring you back to your parents so you can follow me!” (Anna)

“””Yes!””” (5 children)

 

***********

 

It has been half an hour since I left the orphanage. I properly brought back all children to their house. Their parents thanked me with tears in their eyes. It was expected… they were probably extremely worried. I even feel a bit guilty to have kept them for dinner at the orphanage instead of bringing them directly to their house.

Now I’m going back to Alice’s house. I hope that I’m not too late for dinner… well, I’m pretty sure that I’m late…

I enter the manor and I see Alice running toward me.

“I’m back!” (Anna)

“You are finally here! I was so worried!” (Alice)

She jumps inside my arm. Uhh, I’m happy that my body is strong, I would have fallen, otherwise.~

“Weren’t you told by the knight that I went back to the orphanage?” (Anna)

“Well… yes but I had no news after that!” (Alice)

“You know very well that nothing bad can happen to me, hehe~” (Anna)

It’s not like I’m immortal, but if it can make her worry a bit less, it’s good to brag a little bit, right?~

Suddenly, Roland and Eleonora arrive in the entry hall.

“Ah, you are finally here! We were waiting you for dinner you know?” (Roland)

Ah, crap, they were waiting. It’s good that I didn’t eat dinner back at the orphanage, haha.~ Eleonora suddenly cry out:

“Anna-chan!! I heard that you have a fluffy white wolf!! Why didn’t you tell me earlier?! Can you let me pet it, please?” (Eleonora)

What?! Shiro is not a plushie! She is my familiar and my most trusted comrade! Besides, is she not afraid?! If I were on Earth and saw this kind of wolf, I would freak out! Furthermore, why are you acting like a child?!

“It’s not the moment Eleonora! We have to eat before it gets cold!” (Roland)

Ahh, thank you for saving Shiro and me, Roland!

 

*********

 

I’m currently eating dinner with Alice, Roland, and Eleonora. Somehow, no one have spoken since we started… Suddenly, Roland open his mouth.

“Anna, I thank you for saving those children and capturing the mastermind. He is a merchant that was famous for doing illegal stuff, but we never found a proof and he had a lot of influence so we couldn’t do anything against him. However, we arrested him thank to you and we interrogated him. He confessed most of his crimes so we can now properly punish him.” (Roland)

Well, that’s good to hear, it was good that I could control my anger and somehow not kill him.

“Will I get into trouble for killing so much people?” (Anna)

“No, it’s fine, because they did something illegal. But be careful next time, try to avoid killing them if you can, you might have some problem if you kill someone innocent.” (Roland)

Well, the only thing that I know is that I don’t regret it at all. Somehow, I didn’t feel any emotion or hesitation when I was killing them; is it because I killed many people in the game?

“I also wanted to talk to you about something. I noticed that there is a big problem of communication between the knight orders and the guards. It’s not like I want to interfere, but it’s because of this lack of communication that the slave trader nearly escaped to another country!” (Anna)

“I understand what you mean. However, it’s not that simple because it’s how things work in the entire country! But I promise to look into it to make sure that this kind of problem won’t happen again.” (Roland)

Well, I guess it’s fine if he does his best.

Suddenly, Eleonora’s face become serious.

“Anna, you will let me pet your wolf after dinner.” (Eleonora)

Ahh… Can’t she just forget about it?! And why does it sound like an order?! I guess I have no choice… she will never let me go, otherwise.

“Her name is Shiro!” (Anna)

**********

 

Half an hour passed. Eleonora petted Shiro for a dozen of minutes! Shiro was even looking at me with tears in her eyes… Sorry Shiro, I will never forget your sacrifice!~

Well, whatever.

I’m currently in the bath with Alice and Zoe. The bath is literally a pool; there is enough space for 10 peoples at least!

Zoe is scrubbing Alice’s back while I play with my hairs. They are long and red, but they are quite dirty after all this busy day.

“Alice, may I have some soap for my hairs?” (Anna)

“Soap? What is that?” (Alice)

WHAT?!  They don’t have soap in this world?! As a fellow woman from Earth, I can’t accept this! Another thing to add in my shop, what a genius idea! Wait, how do you even make soap?! Even if I used it every day, it’s not like I know how to make it… I think it require some oil... That’s about as much as I know…

“N-No, it’s nothing.” (Anna)

She looks at me tilting her head. So cute! ~

“Now that I see you naked, you really have a nice body, Anna-oneesama. Can you give me a bit of your breast?” (Alice)

What the hell is this 12-year-old girl saying?!

“E-Even if I’m good at magic, it’s not like I can give you those kinds of thing! Besides, you are still growing, so you will eventually have a better body than mine!” (Anna)

I’m not saying that only to make her happy, she really is really cute!~ I can’t imagine how beautiful she will be in the future!

While thinking about it, I relax inside the bath. So comfortable!~

After my bath, I directly go to bed. It was a long and busy day again… I’m even a bit tired physically. And I’m totally exhausted mentally!

Tomorrow will be busy aswell!~

 

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!

I think that you pretty much know where the story is going now. I developped a bit the adventurer stuff and the business managment part (and I wrote about Anna's future goal). I still didn't really develop the relation with noble, but we still need to wait for Anna to gain more influence!

I think there is enough content to start writing a review if you are motivated! Don't be too rash, though :'(

And like always, don't hesitate to comment to give your opinion or suggestions!

Thank you for following and supporting me until now!

24