Chapter 21 – A New Friend
904 15 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Another 3,1k words chapter!

I hope that you enjoy :P

 

- (Anna’s POV) -

 

A few minutes passed since I gave my present. I went back to the girls and I’m currently drinking. Everyone more or less recovered from the shock but I can still feel a lot of gazes on me. When we met again, the girls had interesting reactions:

“I knew it, Anna-oneesama is the best!” (Alice)

“Um!” (Lylith)

“Wow! It was fun to look at everyone’s reaction!” (Clara)

Alice already treats me like a goddess or something, so it was expected. Lylith doesn’t talk a lot like always and Clara is laughing at the situation.

Suddenly, a middle-aged man is coming to us. He has brown hair and is quite tall.

“Hello, your little show was amazing, I was impressed! Say, would you be interested to work for my Viscounty? I promise a lot of money!” (noble man)

Hey, you could at least introduce yourself!

I’m a commoner so it’s pretty common sense that I would have to work under someone, like becoming a subordinate, but I’m not interested. I only showed off to show my worth, so I would be able to have an equal relationship with a noble.

I’m conscious that a lot of people will want to get closer to me for their own gain, but I will only accept those with a good personality, interesting, and that don’t mind having an equal relationship with a commoner. I bow my head and say:

“Thank you for the compliment! However, I’m not planning to work under anyone for now, so I’m sorry but I must decline your offer.” (Anna)

“Haha, I understand, contact me if you change your mind!” (noble man)

After that, he leaves. He is not a bad guy because he didn’t try to force me, but I’m looking for someone that wouldn’t abandon me even if I get in a dangerous situation.

I continue to drink some wine while chatting with the girls. Suddenly, a man and a woman come to us, they both have green hairs. And Clara start to get agitated:

“Otou-san, Okaa-san!” (Clara)

Ohh, they are Clara’s father and mother! I hope I can get closer to them since I became friend with Clara. Besides, I heard that they are also close to Eleonora and Roland.

“Hello lady Anna, I’m pleased to finally meet you! My name is Joseph de Clorance, I’m Clara’s father and also an Earl.” (Joseph)

“Hello, my name is Olivia, I’m Clara’s mother, I hope we will get along!” (Olivia)

“My name is Anna; I’m honored to meet you! I became friend with Clara, so I hope we can get along aswell!” (Anna)

Joseph scratch his beard and talk:

“I’m happy that Clara found a friend as good as you! I was really impressed by your show earlier! It’s rare to find someone that would prioritize a relationship over money!” (Joseph)

“Thank you for the compliment! But it’s common sense, I can’t be happy with money alone while I can be happy to be with someone. You can’t buy a heart or a real friend with money.” (Anna)

“Hahaha! Good, good! Unfortunately, it’s not the case for everyone; our world would be better otherwise. We won’t bother you any longer, have fun and please take care of Clara!” (Joseph)

After that, they leave the four of us alone. It looks like they are nice, they considered me as an equal and they are also Clara’s parent.

I continue to chat with the girls for a few dozens of minutes. Ahh, my belly is full… I want to move my body…

“I’m going to walk a bit; you can stay here!” (Anna)

I part with the girls that are still happily chatting. I need some fresh hair, let’s head to the balcony. I arrive on the balcony and lean against the fence. It’s completely dark outside and it’s already late in the night.

Suddenly, I can hear someone coming from behind, then I hear a female voice:

“Excuse me, may I stay with you?” (??)

I turn around to take a look, and then I saw a beautiful woman with purple hairs, and she looks like she is in her late twenties. Wait, purple hair? Don’t tell me she is…

“Are you perhaps lady Victoria?” (Anna)

“Yes, do you know me?” (Victoria)

Victoria de Lorenzo, one of the few names I remember from the book describing the nobles in the country; and there is a reason for that: she is a swordswoman. She is officially the strongest woman in the country. She used to be a commoner but became a noble through several achievements, so she is currently a Viscountess. However, her influence is higher than a mere Viscountess because she is also the commander of the third division of the knights. She used to be the youngest A-rank adventurer, then she quitted and became a knight, but she quickly climbed the ranks until she became a commander. She is a knight since more than 6 years and she never stopped to train, she must be extremely strong now. So, from the list of noble I want to get closer to, she is probably at the top.

“Of course, as a fellow swordswoman, I have to know the name of someone like you!” (Anna)

“Fufu~. You are also a swordswoman? Are you perhaps the famous ‘Red Flash’?” (Victoria)

She knows about it?! Well, I shouldn’t be surprised, she probably is looking for strong people aswell, so it’s pretty obvious that she would get a report about my achievements in Marina. And there are not many people with red hairs.

“Yes, but it’s not like I choose this title…” (Anna)

 “Fufufu~. I feel you, I was also depressed when I got my title. At least, you got something cool unlike me who got ‘Violet Demon’.” (Victoria)

Ah, it was also stated in the book. Apparently, a lot of people fear her because she killed a lot of people in a war, and also because she is merciless when someone mess with her. Maybe I should really be happy about this title because I also kill those that mess with me… She also makes her subordinate go through a hellish training in the third knight order. She sounds dangerous, but I still want to get closer to her. Maybe it’s because we are similar?

“Uh, maybe I should be happy, you are right.” (Anna)

“To be honest, I wanted to approach you even before you gave a present to Eleonora, I’m really happy to be able to meet a strong woman, it’s very rare! I can clearly see that your body is perfect to fight, so I know that you are very strong, maybe even stronger than me. Besides, you said you found your necklace in a ruin; I also used to explore some of them in the past. Would you be interested to explore one of them with me in the future?” (Victoria)

She can tell that I’m strong only by looking at my body?! As expected of someone of this caliber! I said ruins in my speech earlier, but I think it’s similar to a dungeon in game, so it’s not a lie to say I explored a lot of them.

“Sure, but I don’t know where I can find a ruin in this country.” (Anna)

“Fufu~, don’t worry. There are many unexplored ruins in this country. They are discovered but no one has enough balls to explore them…” (Victoria)

“Ah, I see. It would be my pleasure then!” (Anna)

I could maybe go there alone, but it’s better to go with a guide and someone that know ruins from this world. I might be strong, but I can still die if I’m not careful.

“I suppose you will participate in the tournament, right?” (Victoria)

“Yes, I already registered.” (Anna)

“I’m also participating. I hope we can meet each other there!” (Victoria)

“Yes! I have been looking for a strong opponent since a long time, I’m happy to finally meet one!” (Anna)

“Fufu~. I’m also organizing a party in 3 days; do you want to come?” (Victoria)

Ohh, I was looking for another party! It’s a good location to meet nobles.

“It would be my pleasure! Is it fine even if I’m a commoner?” (Anna)

“I don’t really care about that… I like your personality and it’s enough for me. Besides, you already showed your worth earlier, I’m pretty sure that many people will want to invite you aswell.” (Victoria)

“Well, not that many people wish to be friend with a commoner, most of them want to employ me…” (Anna)

“Hahaha, I understand what you mean! I was also a commoner before I became a knight and I also had many peoples trying to employ me. Don’t hesitate to use my name if someone bother you, they will back off immediately. I already destroyed several people trying to harm my friends, so my name is pretty effective.” (Victoria)

Uhh, scary! Wait, what did she say in her last sentence?

“Are you also considering me as your friend?” (Anna)

“Fufu~. Yes, I would like to become your friend if you don’t mind. You might don’t believe it, but I don’t really have many friends, most people are scared of me… Moreover, I think we are pretty similar.” (Victoria)

I take her hands and say:

“It would be my pleasure!” (Anna)

Nice! I’m really happy to be friend with someone like her, I really like her personality!

“Fufu~. Don’t hesitate to call me if you are doing something interesting or need help, I’m quite bored you know!” (Victoria)

Wow, it looks like she loves fighting but she doesn’t have anything to fight. I might actually call her if I plan to destroy someone that mess with me, like when I destroyed the temple. Speaking of temple, maybe I could tell her what I did, she might become even more interested in me. I heard she destroyed the mansion of a noble supporting the Holy Church because he messed with her, so I suppose she doesn’t like the Holy faction.

“Alright! I might call you if I plan to destroy another temple.” (Anna)

She is surprised and I can see that she is holding back her laughter.

“I-It was you?!” (Victoria)

“Haha, sorry, they messed with me, so I just wanted to give them a warning… I’m a bit disappointed that they got captured so easily… I was not done with my revenge… Wait, keep it a secret, by the way!” (Anna)

She couldn’t hold back and laugh loudly.

“HAHAHA! Amazing! I knew it was a good idea to come to you! I will keep it secret don’t worry. Do you want to assault the royal jail with me to finish those bastards?” (Victoria)

Wow, she is even more dangerous than I thought. She is probably joking, right? Let’s play along with her joke then.

“Mhh not a bad idea actually! When do you want to do it?” (Anna)

“Alright, let’s go now!” (Victoria)

WHAT?! SHE WAS NOT JOKING?!

She runs and jumps from the balcony. WAIIIT! I run aswell and quickly catch her when she was still in the garden.

“Oh, you are quite fast!” (Victoria)

“HEY, STOP, I WAS JOKING!” (Anna)

“Oh, really?! Too bad…” (Victoria)

She makes a surprised face, as if she really didn’t know I was joking… SHE ACTUALLY PLANNED TO DO IT!! Wow, this woman is dangerous. I must always remember to never joke with her! Isn’t she a knight commander?! Since when are knights invading the royal jail to kill the prisoners?! I start to understand why she is called the ‘Violet Demon’ and feared by many peoples.

“Can’t we still go only to say ‘hello’ and then we leave? I’m too bored…” (Victoria)

… I suppose it’s fine… I’m also curious to see her abilities.

“Alright, let’s go!” (Anna)

We run on the roofs under the moonlight, she is quite fast, and she is able to jump from a roof to another easily, I can’t wait to fight her!

“Do you know where the jail is?” (Anna)

“Yes, it’s on the east side of the castle, I go there sometimes when I’m bored.” (Victoria)

… I don’t want to know what you usually do there …

We both jump over the walls protecting the castle and we arrive inside a garden behind the castle.

“It’s there!” (Victoria)

She points toward the castle and I can see several holes with iron bars. Yup, it looks like a typical jail. She continues:

“Now we have to find where this bitch Oscar is. By the way, are you alright? Fufu~, you are not even sweating! We have to jump and check every cell through the iron bars until we find him. Oscar is a fat guy; you will easily recognize him.” (Victoria)

“Alright.” (Anna)

I jump around and check the cells one by one from outside while Victoria is doing the same but somewhere else. Suddenly, I find a cell where a fat guy is inside.

“Victoria, I think I found him!” (Anna)

“Hoho, you are quite high! I’m coming.” (Victoria)

I create a platform under me with earth magic, so I don’t need to keep holding the bars to not fall. Victoria arrive on my platform with a surprised face.

“Ohh! You can even use magic like this! You are even more amazing than I thought!” (Victoria)

“Can’t you do the same?” (Anna)

I really wonder what she can do, she is famous with her sword, but I don’t know about her magic.

“No, not something of this magnitude. I can use magic to reinforce my body and I can use some basic spells to distract my opponent in a fight, that’s all.” (Victoria)

“I see…” (Anna)

Victoria look inside the cell and smirk. Scary!~ It looks like Oscar found us because he is looking at us.

“Hohoho, hello Oscar, are you enjoying the jail? How does it feel to know that you will be executed in 2 weeks?” (Victoria)

The fat man back off from the window and start to point toward us.

“S-Shut up crazy knight! Go away from me!” (Oscar)

“Hoho, you are quite energetic for an ugly fat bitch prisoner. Is the jail good for your diet?” (Victoria)

Hahaha! I can’t help but laugh, this woman is truly the best!

“S-Shut up!” (Oscar)

Seeing him completely frightened make me want to push it a bit more. Let’s say that:

“How does it feel to have your temple destroyed by a Goddess’s poop? It’s sad that all of that happened because you tried to harm my shop…” (Anna)

“HAHAHA, good taunt Anna! You’re becoming good at it!” (Victoria)

It seems like we are unconsciously already calling each other with our name…

“What do you mean I’m ‘becoming’ good at it?! I’m already a pro at it!” (Anna)

“Haha! Good! I wish I could come inside without breaking this iron bar to kick his ass, though.” (Victoria)

“You can, you know?” (Anna)

I take her hands and teleport inside the cell in front of Oscar. Look at his face, he is frightened! I didn’t want to reveal to the world that I can teleport, but it’s fine if she keeps it a secret, right? Well, it’s not a big deal even if she leaks it though…

“WOW, you are the best, Anna! How can you even do that?!” (Victoria)

“Magic.” (Anna)

“Haha, fine. Let’s focus on this guy for now.” (Victoria)

She dashes toward him and kicks his ass, his fat body fly in the cell and hit a wall. Wow! Are you trying to kill him?! Not that I care though… Miraculously, he is still alive and conscious! Victoria head toward him and slap his face.

“Haha, it’s so satisfying to hit this ugly face!” (Victoria)

“Hey! Let me have some fun aswell! I still want to do my vengeance!” (Anna)

I kick him ‘slowly’ on his belly. Wow, my foot is sinking in his belly because of the fat! Oscar instantly pukes on the ground. Victoria take a step back and look at him with a disgusted face.

“Pwah, so disgusting! Swallow it back before you contaminate us!” (Victoria)

Victoria grab his head and put it in the vomit on the ground. Then she hit his neck hard to knock him out. Oscar is lying on the ground, unconscious, and with his head in his own vomit. Wow, this woman is a freaking hardcore!

“Let’s leave quickly, it starts to stink!” (Victoria)

“Alright, give me your hand!” (Anna)

I take her hand and teleport back on the earth platform outside, then we jump back in the garden and I remove the platform. Once we are on the ground, Victoria start to laugh out loud.

“HAHAHAHA! It was so satisfying, you are truly the best friend I could have, Anna!” (Victoria)

So for you a ‘best friend’ is someone that follow you to kick people’s ass?!

“I also had fun; I’m truly blessed to find someone like you! I didn’t know there was someone even crazier than me!” (Anna)

“Hahaha! The world is big, Anna!” (Victoria)

“So, what do we do now?” (Anna)

“I think I will go back home directly, what about you?” (Victoria)

“Then I will go back to the party before they start to worry…” (Anna)

“Alright! I will see you in 3 days in my party!” (Victoria)

“Wait, aren’t your guests afraid of going to your party?” (Anna)

“Hahaha, they know that I’m not going to eat them if they don’t mess with me! Besides, I don’t think they dare refuse my invitation!” (Victoria)

Wow… How the hell did she even become a noble?! And how the hell is she treating her subordinates with this personality?!

After that, we part way and head back to the party. Once I come back in the hall, I can see that a lot of people already left. It’s quite late in the night after all. Clara is still here though.

I head toward the girls that are still chatting.

“I’m back!” (Anna)

They all turn to me once they hear my voice. Alice is the first one to speak.

“Welcome back, it must have been a long walk!” (Alice)

Ah yeah… I said that I need to walk a bit. Should I say that during my walk I became friend with a psychopath woman and sneaked in the royal jail with her to kick the Archpriest’s ass? No, definitely not.

“Haha, yes it was an amazing walk!” (Anna)

 

Somehow, this new friend is crazy!!

I hope that you enjoyed this chapter!

Like always, don't hesitate to comment to give me your opinions or suggestions. You can also help me to make this novel more famous with a positive review, a good rating or a favorite!

24