CH 45: THE KING IN YELLOW (3)
2k 4 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*Step* *Step* *Step*

The sound echoing in this building soothed my mind. The mana spent during the rural, slowly recovering. 

As it was now, I could still keep the yellow king for another only one hour. It had nothing to do with my energy reserves, but simply another condition. Once midnight passed, he would immediately be sent away. 

Ignoring the dumbfounded gaze from my targets, I turned to look back at the large hole I had made with my fall. 

Gravity was truly an interesting toy to play around with. I could never become bored of using it. There was simply so much I could do. 

Like

"Hello, Mister!" 

"You!" 

"Goodbye, mister!" 

<<Melancholia: Shinra Tensei>>

I didn't even bother checking the identity of the guy as I waved him away. 

Gravity was an interesting thing. But gravity + magic? It was super great. By forcing my will on my authority, I could make many physically impossible feats. For example as I just did simply by changing the direction of the gravity, I could replicate some of the techniques that Pain used from Naruto. 

The guy, most likely the leader of black Lotus vanished from my sight. From the information I gathered, this guy was the leader of black Lotus and was called Kaji. But so what? He was unimportant. 

Now that he was out of the building I turned to face the one I should technically thank since it was thanks to him that I got transmigrated into Akira's body. 

Fuli was a rather old man, he is half bald and is wearing an old fashioned Hakama. 

Even though he saw what happened to his leader, and the monstrosity that stood behind me, Fuli had a rather calm expression. 

…Breaking it will be so fun. 

Thinking so, I began to walk and took the place where Kaji previously sat under the scrutinizing gaze of Fuli. I could practically see the gears turning in his head as he tried to calculate his chances to flee, his chances to kill me, etc. It was very interesting, but it also showed his years. Of experience. 

…Too bad it was going to be useless 

"Hello! I guess I don't need to present myself, you should already know me. After all, you stabbed me and left me to die."

Seeing him twitch a little was truly funny. Though, this wasn't enough.

Putting my feet on the table and reclining in the seat, I asked idly, 

"So, how does it feel to face the son of the people you killed?"

I did not miss the gradual circulation of his mana as well as the tightening of his muscles. 

Even though I was in an absolute position of power, and Fuli showed only a slight Yellow Color on my danger radar, I did in no way underestimate Fuli. After all, danger colors were just an indication, and in no way an absolute. A yellow color could suddenly change into red or black. This was even more with an innate ability like the one he had. 

<<Fake Mortal>>

An ability that allowed Fuli to change his body into anything. Frankly, this skill is a lot like my initial three skills. The starting power is extremely weak, but the summit is extremely high. 

If Fuli could totally develop this power, he could potentially transform himself into a dragon or another creature of the like. 

…Too bad I had no intention of letting him develop this power to its fullest. 

The change was instantaneous. I felt it more than I saw it. 

Slightly moving my head aside, I avoided an attack from him. His speed was startling. His basic speed most likely surpassing mine. But, 

<<Melancholia: Bind>>

The shadows stretched out before finally touching Fuli's own shadow. 

"Guh! What did you do?" 

"Oh? Finally willing to speak?" 

The skill I used was another one copied from Naruto. More precisely from the Nara clan. I had to admit, many of my techniques were copied from it. It wasn't my fault that they had such a large array of techniques. 

"Well well well. I must admit. You are really dangerous. If I wasn't prepared I might have been a little wounded."

Saying so, I stood up and began walking towards the opening I made when falling. 

Simply killing him with overwhelming power wasn't enough. I needed to show them all. 

"Hastur, could you please show everything that is about to happen?" 

{...Understood.} 

An extremely large screen suddenly appeared above the building where I previously was. I began to wave with my hand, and on the screen, I could see myself waving back. 

Satisfied with that I turned back to Fuli, who was still struggling and trying to escape. Sadly for him, it didn't matter what he changed into since I literally paralyzed his entire body. 

Walking back toward him, I began to do another thing I always dreamed to do after taking a cool pose on the roof of a building under the moon. 

What did I do? 

A monologue. 

"Hey, Fuli. Do you know, before today I thought about this entire situation in my head? Wondering what I should do with you. You know, my sister still has nightmares because of you and this doesn't make me happy."

Smiling, I began walking around him. 

"I really wondered how to make you suffer in the most painful way possible and at the same time send a clear message to all those bastards that are eyeing us."

I stopped after having done a full circle. Putting me once again face to face with him.

"Killing you isn't enough. After what I will do to you, trust me, you will beg me to kill you."

*Spit*

Avoiding his saliva, I took out my magic book, Liber Legis. Then, pointing my finger at him, I murmured. 

<<heightened sensitivity>>

<<Defense reduction>>

<<Auto healing>>

<<pain increases>>

<<Blindness>>

Absent-mindedly throwing one spell after another, I thought back with frustration about my discussion with Irene about the road I should take as a mage. Her answer back then was crushing. 

I grumbled in annoyance. 

"What do you mean by I have shitty talent in elemental magic but have an extraordinary one in the dark one?" 

Sigh, magic was affected by the personality and personal talents. Fire mage are fiery, water mages are calm. Etc 

Perhaps the fact that I had such an overwhelming talent for dark magic really meant I was insane? 

… 

… 

… 

As if! 

64